-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
OP Offline
R
Is there a offical Savage collectors club where i could become a paid member?
This would help me overcome the very strict Western Australian
Firearms registration laws
Best Regards to all forum members

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What kind of law? They make you a criminal if it's not a paid site?

Hey Johno, better clear out of Dodge mate.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You could always send me some cash and I would make up some type of card on my printer. Seriously though, I do not know of a Savage Collector's Association similar to the Winchester Arms Collector's Association which is apparently the type of organization that you are looking for at this time.
BillR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reloaderblue
Is there a offical Savage collectors club where i could become a paid member?
This would help me overcome the very strict Western Australian
Firearms registration laws
Best Regards to all forum members

Yes What Kind of Law?
Are You talking a Law like they have in some European Countries in order to Own a Gun you have to belong to a Hunt Club????=For that is what it was in Hungary,or Austria,Germany. For When My Dad Used to go Back to the Old Country to Visit and Hunt He belong to One,,that was the only Way he could Bring and still Keeps a Couple Guns There. It Might Have Changed Now,,,but I Know one of My Cousins in Hungary has a samll Collection and has to be a member of a Club in order to Obtain Ammo and Such.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
R
OP Offline
R
Hi All
Thanks for the reply, In West.Aus.You have to have a "Genuine"?? reason to own a firearm, as i have about 20 (including 9 Savage rifles) the police get a bit unreasonable about registering any more. They dont relize you can never have enough. Would anyone on this forum have for sale a peep sight for a 23B 25-20. (#5NRA )it has one large and one small hole tapped on top of the receiver
regards Roger

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually maybe we could form a club built around members of this forum ..... But it means work for one or two guys and a few bucks.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Reloaderblue, get in touch by pm. i'm in Victoria, clearly you need to unload some of those terrible 99s. Now I maybe able to help, i'm really good like that.

Hows that sound joe?

Fellas dont even try to understand the gun laws in western australia, roger is lucky to have been able to put a collection together. Here in Victoria after we have 15 rifles you must have a monitered alarm system installed.

I will be back in N.Z. for good in a few months where common sence still prevails

Johno

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!! A LAWYER would come up with an idea like that!!!!!!! grin grin We already have a club. It's called National Rifle Association !!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking303
FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!! A LAWYER would come up with an idea like that!!!!!!! grin grin We already have a club. It's called National Rifle Association !!!!!!!!!!!

We also have the 303 Club grin grin
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
grin I likey the 303. grin Honestly, how come you can't start a Collectors Association over there? Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not real sure what he's looking for in regard to clubs, maybe one that is just for savage collectors.

Every state has some great collecting clubs. I am sure sure there would be a W.A. version of the Victorian Antique Arms Collectors Guild, that should cover all your problems.

Johno

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Geezzz Jonho u sure a nice guy,grab a guys 99s and bugger off to NZ with them!

Reloader,drop me a email and maybe we can find enough honest 99 collectors to start something or give it a bloody good try!
Lionel

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Lionel, I am somewhat surprised by the comment, as mine was made tongue in cheek.

Just to be clear you are the same bloke who offered to go and check out a 99F in 358win for me if it was within a 100ks. Correct?
Now it turned it out the bloke lived a few a ks from you and you new him personaly, suddenly no further comment on the 99. When I followed it up with you there was always some excuse.

Frnakly I dont see whats it got to do with you if I buy a dozen 99s and "bugger off to N.Z." Is there something dishonest in that?

And actually i'm am a very nice guy and have helped several members here with parts and been helped in return.

As for that F 358 I wonder if it found its way into the hands of an "honest collector" what say you lionel?

Johno

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Johno.The person who was trying to sell you a 358 was trying to sell you MINE!I beleive I told you this fact in several emails
But you kept asking had I checked it for you.For some reason he thought I was selling and so he was selling MINE to you.Oh by the way He ammitted this fact too.End of 358 saga.
Lionel.
Ps I still have my 99 in 358.

Last edited by sav300; 04/14/08.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Lionel. The rifle was not related to your brush gun in any way and had been owned since new by the gentleman involved with a round count of approx 800 and used in the N.T. for buffalo. It was in fact a 99 F. Also you made no menton in your emails of this last story. We contacted the owner on his return and was told the rifle was sold to a local gentleman. Definately the end of the 358 saga
I am very happy for you that you still have yor 358.

Johno

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.