Hop To
#2148088 04/14/08
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Hello Team,

I've been Glockless for several years. Early in April, I decided I needed an M19. This particular version came with non-adjustable sights.

I was wondering what kinds of modifications shooters have made to their Glocks and why.

Also, I am thinking of installing the CTC Laser Grip on this iron.

Any comments and suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
GB1

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't have much use for lasers or Glocks ( grin) but did buy a couple last year (21 and 19) just to train people who want to carry them.

The sights I like the most are the MMC Tactical Adjustable night sights. Very low profile and easy to install. Favorite pattern is the Bar-Dot-Bar. Several friends with Glocks also have the TrueGlo FO sights with tritium.

Bob

ps...I did however find a gun that a laser is useful on...a KelTec .32. Makes hitting much easier and the little laser attached to the front to the triggerguard doesn't change the concealabilty or balance of the gun at all.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
RJM #2148646 04/14/08
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Norm, I am a Glock guy and a Glock Armorer. I would suggest Trijicon/Meprolight nightsights. Make sure you get the bolt-in front sight and not the crimp style.

My duty Glock 22 had the crimp on and it came loose twice during qualifications. I sent it back to Trijicon and they replaced with the bolt-in style. I told the instructor from Glock and they knew of the issues and that they had been resolved.

I added an extended slide-stop lever to a G19 for a friend and it is a nice additions.

I am not a laser fan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a combination of both. I have night sights and laser grips on my primary carry gun. I put my confidence in my traditional sights, but I find the laser a very useful adjunct to my traditional sights. If you use the right tactics, the laser can add some new tools to your toolkit. If you have the funds, it's a worthwhile investment, AFTER you have added night sights.

There are some really cool new night sights available for Glocks...They're fiber optic day sights with tritium. Basically, you get the same "neon sign" sight picture day or night...worthwhile investment.

Last edited by KevinGibson; 04/15/08. Reason: typo
W
W
I have a full size .40 and all I did was put a glock extended slide release and glock extended mag release on it. that's all it really needed, it shot to point of aim right from the box.

Never tell them what you got, then they know what they need to beat!
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
There are some really cool new night sights available for Glocks...They're fiber optic day sights with tritium. Basically, you get the same "neon sign" sight picture day or night...worthwhile investment.

Sounds nice....who makes those? I can't imagine owning PD pistol that doesn't have night sights.

I've always shot stock Glocks until this year. I finally broke down and added the extended slide release, mag release and the 3.5lb trigger on my G19 and G26 and WOW what a difference they make!! I'll be doing the same mods to my G21SF and G36 next.... cool

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hi Norm, if you get the factory crimp on night sights make sure the guy uses the locktite 648 with the installation. I prefer the Tru-Glo Tritium/Fiber Optic ones myself, also I like to put in the Green NY trigger spring with a 3.5 pound connector, make the trigger feel more like a revolver than a staple gun.

Yes, I am also a Glock Armorer.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
RJM -

Thanks. Heading to the west side of Indy to a Glock Armorer. He sets up at a gun dealer in Plainfield, IN weekly 12-4 on Tuesdays.

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
4X4 Thanks,

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
wbw2

Thanks,

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Neb,

Thanks,

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
TLEE

Thanks for the good info. Heading to a Glock Armorer this afternoon. I've seen him work at the Indy 1500 Gun Show.

He sets up at a gun dealer in Plainfield every Tuesday 12 to 4.

I'm going to talk to him about your trigger setup.

Spent the last two weeks in Ormond Beach. Really like Fla.

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Norm - Be very careful about mods to Glocks. Almost every problem Glock I've encountered has been a modified gun (just like problem 1911's). For me, the only modification I will do to a Glock is sights.

As to the maker of the cool sights, I can't remember. I know Tru-Glo makes fiber optic sights, but I don't know if they have the tritium ones. I do remember seeing the sights in a Brownells catalog, so that's where I'd start. If you don't have a Brownells catalog, it's worth the $5.00, and they're reimburse you with your first purchase. Warning, Brownells catalogues are also dangerous things to have around the house...costs me a good deal of money.

Enjoy your Glock.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
+1 to Kevin...

The TruGlo TFO combines FO with tritium..but, one of my co-instructors put a set on his XD and the FO popped out mid lesson. It did still function as a night sight however as the tritium was not effected. I've see other FO front sights on handguns break also...guess that is why Ruger gives you several backup pipes with their guns with FO front sights.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My Glocks (17, 21, 22) are the earlier generation without finger grooves or mounting rails. I added Trijicon (G17) and Meprolight (G21/22) sights, and Hogue grip sleeves. That's it.

The Meprolight sights are a tad higher than the Trijicon. I kind of like the Meprolights better, but not enough to replace the Trijicons.

[Linked Image]

Meprolight left, Trijicon right,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you'll be buying night sights take a look at the XS 24/7.

Just my .02, but the $ for a laser may be better spent on ammo for practice. I've sometimes had trouble finding the laser dot on the target and then reverted back to the standard sights...so for me I just keep it simple and use the front sight from the beginning.

If you haven't used a laser before you may want to try one first. If you like 'em, more power to 'ya.

Blue

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And FWIW, I'd add a +2 to what Kevin said.

Again, I think the money on the mods is better spent on practice...but then again I'm poor so that effects my decision. LOL..

Blue

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,664
Posts18,512,948
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.