Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I have a Marlin 1895G and the bolt to it has the coating coming off, the action isn�t very smooth either. I haven�t been able to find a replacement bolt, could I have the current one bead blasted and jeweled to fix it? Would fixing the bolt make the action smoother?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This may not be what you want to hear� but if you have (what seems to me) a manufacturing defect, send it back to Marlin.
I have never sent a rifle to Marlin, I have sent a pistol back to HK and a Rifle to Browning� both came back �fixed�� at no cost for the HK and Browning charged me to replace a cracked stock (in a 10 year old rifle).
I have spoken to Marlin and I would not hesitate to send them my rifle to fix.
If you do send it back to them... please post the results

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had excellent service from two vendors - Ruger and Marlin. Both companies handled the situation, went above and beyond just the issues I had and when it was done, they sent it back no charge plus refunded my shipping out there. Can't say that for a couple others but Marlin and Ruger were great. Ryan

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I contacted them and they said I could either send it in or order the breech bolt through a dealer. If I ordered the bolt I would have to cover all the costs. I would like to see if it can be bead blasted and jewled, that would void the warranty though and if it didnt work out id have buy one. I dont know what I am going to do yet. Ill keep you all posted though.

I would send it to ROBAR and have it finished in NP3. It will be smoother and you will have a lifetime warranty on the finish. SRM out!

"The way that you wander is the way that you choose. ..."
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Send it to Marlin to my knowledge the bolt is not coated and should not be peeling. When I was working in tool and die this was called laminated steel, and most often was not supposed to be,a result of bad manufacturing.

Take care and have fun. Swany
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Marlin Bolts are stainless steel, a few years ago this issue started with a couple runs of the Guide Guns seem some genius though nickle plateing would help with smoothness. Hoppes and some other bore cleaners tends to eat Nickle plateing so these bolts started shedding, Marlin will fix the problem at no cost just call them.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,585
Posts18,511,090
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.