Hop To
bcp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Mac G4, OS10.3.9
Firefox/2.0.0.13
Updated Flash

I can't stay on this site more than 3-5 minutes without Firefox freezing. Doesn't matter if I am moving fast through posts or doing nothing.

No other forum site does this. It started 2-4 weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruce

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bruce:

A few other gusy have mentioned this. I am having no problems with Firefox. Can you tell me if it does it with Explorer?

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
bcp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In the interest of research, I forced myself to spend an hour on the site using Explorer. grin

No freezes.

Bruce

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I don't get it. I can't replicate it either on my desktop or laptop ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
bcp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Forgot to mention it freezes Firefox on my Mac laptop, too.

Bruce

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had a very occasional freeze when attempting to access certain threads. It hasn't happened in over a week now though, and it certainly wasn't happening with any regularity. I use Safari.

I use a Mac 1.42 PowerPC G4 512 MB OS 10.4.11

I also use Explorer on a Dell at another location with no significant issues. I haven't had issues either with Firefox on other Macs.

There must be some incompatibility problem. I would imagine the right upgrade will correct it. I'm not quite "techy" enough to make a guess what that would be though. I wish things didn't always seem to need to be "progressed" in order to work properly. However, I do appreciate color monitors and I didn't always think they were necessary. crazy

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have been having the same problem with my browser, Safari (ironic isn't it) - started happening a week or two ago - have done all my updates etc but still happening.

I just keep forcing the browser to quit and then starting it up again...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
same same with Opera, I finally removed Mofo and installed Opera,

was doing it with it too after a trouble free day or so, but the last 24 hours or so, no freeze or need to shut down

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No problems with explorer---ever.

Firefox blows, eventually everyone figures that out. In the mean time, the closet geek squad wannabees go around saying it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Cracks me up.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've had simular problems with other sites locking up recently and I'm using Exploder. I did several scans and deletions of tracking cookies and found one little pesky bugger in my e-mail folder. Got rid of it and things are back to normal. YMMV.

This guy was only found by Norton AV:

cookie:ownerad.yieldmanger.com/

IC B3

A
A
It's been happening to me too. Seems to have started right after Firefox updated itself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is what I complained about the other day. All of a suddebn it just locks up.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It just froze on me again as I was looking at hound girl's latest family member.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm wondering if any of you are having it freeze while typing in the text box.

On my laptop (Dell Win XP, Firefox latest) about every ten times I post, all of a sudden the cursor will fall behind my typing, and I don't type that fast. This happened on both Firefox and Explorer.
Then firefox freezes and even ctrl-alt-del wond allow me to get out, I have to hard re-boot.

Tonight I am on my old desktop PentIII Win 2000, and it has happened twice on this machine too, but the lock up isn't as sever, it allows me to end task, and then fire up again without re-booting.

It happened twice as I have been typing this out.

Doesn't happen with any other programs or web pages.

Hope that helps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ULA24
No problems with explorer---ever.

Firefox blows, eventually everyone figures that out. In the mean time, the closet geek squad wannabees go around saying it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Cracks me up.

I'm to the point I'm about to go back to EXplorer, I'm hitting more and more pages that are jumbled up on FF but not EX

I made the switch ..better submit, I'm about to lock up again

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right now, it appears to be a known compatibility issue with the latest two versions of Firefox and Flash. Updating to the latest version of Flash will help. The last 2-3 versions of Firefox are known to have hangup issues, and lots of folks are losing sleep.

Also, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy installed, it and Firefox are not getting along. Fixing that incompatibility (see link below) fixed my Firefox freeze-up issues.

Finally, as much as I love Firefox, look at this link:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs#Hang_loading_websites

Firefox is real hitchy right now.

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (16penny, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,048
Posts18,500,939
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.