-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BOTH! 350 pounder....smoker......ect....ect.... Just a good ole boy. Had chest pain for 4 FREAKIN DAYS when his Budweiser buddy says..."Reckon we need to go to the hospital??" Poor thing had been having an MI for 4 days. His heart muscle was G-O-N-E by the time I got to him in the parking lot. I had about 20 OB/gyn nurses jumping up and down screaming "he aint got a pulse". I had to literally push my way into the crowd screaming "Im the trauma nurse" to get to him. This cop cleared that scene like I have never seen! HE was a lifesaver for me that day and I really appreciated his help. The man went down on the east side of the bldg...next to the Womens center. Those OB nurses responded first. I had to grab a defibrillator and a backpack with cardio drugs and an intubation kit and run from the main hospital to get to him.

Like I said...I dont care why he was there or where he was parked. I guess its all relative considering the help he was to me and that poor man.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can remember one thing being stressed when I was at the Police acadimy that was "you cannot enforce the law, if you do not obey the law." I guess twenty years has made a differance and that is not stressed as much, or it is just not listened to. Some did not back then either,that was why I got to work IAD my last few years.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
It is what it is. The places around my AO that have specific "parking enforcement" ticket whether it's a cruiser or not. When I go to Court, which is in the city bordering my jurisdiction, I always park across the street in a municipal lot. I figure I'll leave the on-street parking for those that aren't as able to walk.

When at work I observe the same parking regulations as everybody else. The only exception being if we get serious call at a business. At that point I park wherever my cruiser lands, fire lane or not.

And, yeah, I write on the average of one parking ticket a year. It's usually written to somebody who blocks the boat launch.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by blinddog1
I can remember one thing being stressed when I was at the Police acadimy that was "you cannot enforce the law, if you do not obey the law." I guess twenty years has made a differance and that is not stressed as much, or it is just not listened to. Some did not back then either,that was why I got to work IAD my last few years.

It's still stressed at our Academy and I stress it to my guys every day. Everybody makes a mistake once in a while, it's the way they own up to it, to me, that makes the difference.

George

Last edited by NH K9; 04/22/08. Reason: spelling

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blinddog1

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Very true. I had a fellow tell me years ago, that you need to accept the fact that in LE, you live and work in a fishbowl. Everyone see's what you do everyday on duty or off, there's no getting away from it.

You having worked IAD, understand that it works both ways. I've seen people complain about officers who gave them a break, it amazes me at times that some people will do this. I know you've seen some people complain about LEO's, simply because they can, even when the LEO has done nothing, that's out of policy or procedures.

I've seen some people, that after explaining the differences between civil and criminal law and telling them that they need to call an Attorney, that you can't help them. Call and complain that the officer didn't do anything to help them, and that he/she was rude.

I have a friend who has about 125Ac. his neighbor is weird, he has about the same amount of property. The neighbor has no livestock etc. on the property, he doesn't hunt he's a Greenie. This location is out in the country. My friend will let his beagles out of the kennel to run a rabbit for exercise.

The beagles will cross a woven wire fence, onto the neighbors property while chasing the rabbit. The dogs will circle back in about five minutes or so, following the rabbit back to where, the beagles jumped it up from. The neighbor will call the S.O. asking for my friends supervisor to complain. This rather then contact my friend who's in the phonebook, of which the neighbor has never called.

This all because my friend is an LEO and the neighbor can complain to his supervision. If my friend worked for "Bubba's Plumbing" the neighbor wouldn't call Bubba, Bubba would tell him to go FO&D.

How many of you that aren't LE, ever had someone call your supervisor about you, that wasn't work related? This stuff happens all the time in LE.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,768
Posts18,515,526
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.