Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Anyone ready to open their wallet today?

I have a very rare all original Model 110PEL in .30-06 that I'll consider selling for the right price. This is one of the very early ones and features the more desirable German engraving. Serial number dates to 1962 and the barrel is date stamped 1966. Yes, it took the Germans 4 years to do the engraving which is why Savage switched to less detailed Japanese engraving on the later ones.

Only 527 engraved models were made during their 4 year run, and based on Bob Greenleaf's records less than 50 of those were lefties. They were offered in .270 Win or .30-06 Spfld, so you can rest assured less than 50 were made in this configuration (probably closer to 25-30 given the two chamber options available).

It took me 5 years to find this one, and in that time I had only seen one other which sold for close to $1,600 on GunBroker in similar condition. Haven't seen another one for sale in the two years since I got this one.

This rifle was a shooter before it came to me, but as you can see the original owner took great care of it for having used it for 40 years of to hunting elk, mule deer and sheep in Utah. The stock does have some handling marks, but all of them are very shallow and could be easily sanded out during a refinish. Bluing and nickel finish are both in excellent condition. Overall I'd rate it at Very Good at 85-90% with the handling marks in the stock being the only detractor.

Rest assured I'm not hard pressed to sell this, so unless I receive a very fair and respectable offer I'll be holding onto it. If you're interested and want to make me an offer, shoot me an email at editorsavageshoters.com.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As long as there's still lead in the air, there's still hope!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Say, thanks for the pictures. That's some great work on that gun.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Beautiful. If I was a wealthy left handed guy, I would probably throw a number at you. I must confess though, I lean towards more classic stocks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The engraving is very nice and makes the gun very worthwhile. I know there is more than one lefty around here and maybe they'll show up shortly.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by slideaction
Beautiful. If I was a wealthy left handed guy, I would probably throw a number at you. I must confess though, I lean towards more classic stocks.

This is the ONE stock I own that actually fits me well. Have a new LH American Classic here right now that doesn't fit me at all and makes it a real bear to shoot comfortably.

Unfortunately, the older 110's such as this PEL had a shorter trigger group in them and if you try to put a newer barreled action in the stock the trigger will bottom out on the trigger guard. If it wasn't for that little snafu I would have had this stock duplicated a long time ago and got about 6-8 copies of it for future builds.

Elk-Ridge offers a very similar pattern but they're not inletting for the new center-feed models yet. When they start to though, you can rest assured I'll be stocking up (pun intended). lol

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jim, why would anyone be interested in a wrong handed rifle. Honestly that is a nice rifle. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Probably one of the rarest Savage's ever made and no one's made me an offer? And you call yourselves collectors...pffft!!! lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am a lefty, however I am at present a poor lefty.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I'm surprised "Hammer" has not laided claim to it ...........

L
L
Hey Jim,

Is your Savage still available? I just googled the model number & found your posts.

Michael

IC B3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.