Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Well, I'm a dumbass. I'm not good at backing up my computer because everytime I'm had some problems my local guys have been able to get my data off my hard drives and save it all. Now I just had my harddrive go down "mechanically" and the last time I printed off a "paper copy" of all my load testing was in '05. What a dumb ass.
It's not a total failure but the last 2 years I played around a quite a bit with some of the new bullets (tsx's and accubonds) and had pretty good data on what worked and didn't. Oh well...I still have a grip on the "pet" loads but still would like to know what didn't work. ALSo....I have lots of stuff loaded up and ready to keep testing so I guess I have an excuse to start building up the file again.
Anyhow just wanted to give you guys a reminder...alot of you are probably more into the guns and ammo than the computer like I was!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kraky111
Well, I'm a dumbass.

Yes, you are.

But you have my sympathy, nonetheless.

(And BTW, I am one also, somewhat, in that line.)

Campfire Pistolero x2

Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else. -Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
On a more positive note, what program were you using and were you happy with it before this week?

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by macrabbit
Originally Posted by kraky111
Well, I'm a dumbass.

Yes, you are.

But you have my sympathy, nonetheless.

(And BTW, I am one also, somewhat, in that line.)

Me too, and I've been fooling with computers since the TRS-80 days so I have NO excuse. I'll be transferring load data to the laptop over the network when I log off, thanks for the reminder. Wish it hadn't cost you.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess I ought to
Yes, you are.
wink grin smile whistle

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
It was a database program called pfs. I think it was made in the days before windows. Anyhow I used to use it track inventory in my business, mailling lists, and then made up a version to track my shoooting results. I think I'll get it back up and running cause I found an old disk but I'll lose the 2.5 years of records....oh well....another excuse to go to the range.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you keep data books and the original targets in a 3 ring binder that won't ever happen.... eek not busting on you or anything...sorry for your loss..i hate computers.... mad

Last edited by Bill_Davis; 04/29/08.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope your kid doesn't play with matches (I was a dumbass in that, too!)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I back up all of my can't lose files automatically when I close the program. It is a service called Data Deposit Box and costs $2 a month per 1GB of info. 1Gb is a lot of data. You select which files to back up and it does it automatically when you close the program AND keeps up to the last 9 versions. I can log on from any computer anywhere in the world and retrieve my data. The biggest thing is to uncheck all the boxes when you sign up so that you only keep the data backed up that you want. I have used zip drives, floppys, cd's and usb/flash drives. This beats them all cause you set it and forget it. http://www.datadepositbox.com/

POP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have paper copies. I also have the files on cdr, email at work, at home on my laptop, and desktop. Also an e-mail copy on the web on my generic yahoo e-mail. I lost the data once. Never again!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 1_deuce, 16penny, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.