jpr9954 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I could not make this up if I tried!

Coastal Post

The author of the article said:

Viewing this" Wailing Wall" gives one a sense of the abuses that have been inflicted upon the innocent animals as well as upon the people in the greater community through the violence of this program.

I'm sure it does. crazy

Last edited by jpr9954; 05/05/08.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing new here. The folks in Point Reyes Station and nearby Inverness are wonderfully friendly - but a very large percentage of them are complete flakes. Witness their prowess with math (or proofreading - I don't know which)...

Out of an estimated population of 110 Fallow (a.k.a. "White") Deer said to be present in the park (an average of 1 deer per 30 acres), 800 to 900 of these have been killed.

The NPS and F&G tried to get control of the deer population at Point Reyes about 25 years ago, and met with stiff opposition from the locals. Then, it was to be a public archery hunt. BTW - I suspect the numbers were way higher than what is reported here.

Doesn't surprise me that it's come to this.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
why am I guessing they are not at all upset about dismembering unborn humans?

just a guess

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This is like the oppositionh a few years back to special seasons in the Everglades I think it was back in the seventies or eighties record rainfalls were threatening a number of deer so the F&G started special hunting seasons to keep these deer from being wasted by drowning. Of course the local bambi huggers got an injuction to stop the special hunts. By the time the court processes was done the bambists got half the area to "Humainly retrieve the deer heards (Live trap and transplant) The F&G was able to go ahead with the special season for two weeks in the other half of the threatened area, Over fifteen hundred deer were harvested by legal hunts, five were live trapped and relocated. In the area the Bambi lovers were going to save the threatened animals I personally counted the remains of two thousand drowned or starved deer. I saw about forty or fifty drowned animals and no starved or starving deer in the area that had been hunted. I was young and idealistic back then and got a lot of my wrong ideas changed just from that experiance.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,524
Posts18,509,733
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.