Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Chip Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Found this at a gun shop the other day. 400.00 out the door. It is in overall very good condition, with excellent bore. Most of the gold is gone from the lever(thank god). I just like the way they look with the octagon barrel,and the caliber.Chip [img][IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/tsgt22/IMG_0249.jpg[/img][/img]

Last edited by Chip; 05/04/08.

READ THE BIBLE-IT WILL SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU!
NO 99"s ARE JUNK, FDP
NRA Endowment Life Member
US Air Force Retired,Phantom Phixer
GB1

Chip Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Stever, think you could get the lever case hardened for me? Chip

NO 99"s ARE JUNK, FDP
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chip you could color the lever yourself with a Bernz-O-Matic torch , it's not like you can hurt anything grin

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hee hee... Steve has his case coloring done at a Gander Mountain, I believe. Nice pick up for the price. How's that crescent buttplate feel when you fire it? Always thought it was a painful combination with a 308, but haven't tried it myself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Hee hee... Steve has his case coloring done at a Gander Mountain, I believe. Nice pick up for the price. How's that crescent buttplate feel when you fire it? Always thought it was a painful combination with a 308, but haven't tried it myself.

The Kick is Not So Bad Rory.
And Chip I'am Going Up to Gander Next Week.
I'LL ask.
And Yes it Can Get Done.
And P.S. Ya Got a Decent Gun for the Money
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i say you did ok on this one

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1899sav

I'LL ask.
And Yes it Can Get Done.
Steve

Hello Steve
Please, Do me a favor. While at Gander Mountain ask them if they can Case Harden a receiver. I have a model 220 shotgun that was my Grandfathers and a first year issue being 1937. it is a special one like I have never seen before on any model 220 shotgun with the grouse in flight scene on it, and sadly he had some Meat Head refinish it in the early 1950's and the Toe Jam tried to blue the receiver. I now have a copper Looking receiver that Looks Horrid on this gun and want to get it case hardened. Let me know if they can do a receiver and what they charge for something like that, and also where it would have to be sent to get this work done. Thanks, Thegeneral.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
imo- those guns were not built to be used...

Chip Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thats purty!

NO 99"s ARE JUNK, FDP
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Good catch... I sold one the first day at the Boise Long Rifles show last month,$495,sans scope& Mounts... Idabull

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lauren
imo- those guns were not built to be used...
Perish the thought...A Savage 99, regardless of how pretty it is, should be hunted with, anything else is just wrong.

My rare and expensive guns all hunt; I wouldn't have it any other way.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I beleive he was saying that they're crap..in a nice way.If'n I were you I'd just hunt and have fun with it and ignore the collectors mass opinions.Although I could be wrong and he was just complimenting what a fine collector it is and that it should'nt be used.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by generalstuart
Originally Posted by 1899sav

I'LL ask.
And Yes it Can Get Done.
Steve

Hello Steve
Please, Do me a favor. While at Gander Mountain ask them if they can Case Harden a receiver. I have a model 220 shotgun that was my Grandfathers and a first year issue being 1937. it is a special one like I have never seen before on any model 220 shotgun with the grouse in flight scene on it, and sadly he had some Meat Head refinish it in the early 1950's and the Toe Jam tried to blue the receiver. I now have a copper Looking receiver that Looks Horrid on this gun and want to get it case hardened. Let me know if they can do a receiver and what they charge for something like that, and also where it would have to be sent to get this work done. Thanks, Thegeneral.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

General
Yes They Can.
I have 4 Of them In the Works.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 35 invisible), 2,039 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,374
Posts18,488,432
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.