Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

JB has tackled many misconception in the shooting industry and set the record straight. Most writers either ignore them or ad to them. Most but not all take the easy road JB on the other hand takes the correct road.
JB was the first to write (that I am aware off) that the WSM did not set new internal ballistics standards, but reached the expected velocity based on powder capacity, while many other writers were stated ther press release BS, that the faster speeds with less pwder were because of a short fat powder colum.

JB als gave us the 1/4 rule. For every 10% increase in case capacity only a 2 1/2% in crease in velocity at the same pressure is possable.
I have only listed a few of JBs "set the record straight articles"

[i]I just want to say thank you JB[/i]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Me, too. Thanks, JB. E

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
+1
good to have a straight shooter or two around.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Excellent writer and the main reason I subscribe to Handloader and Rifle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 here too.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
HE is the reason I'm a shooter. I take what he says and use it.

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I kind of like his style with SH these days too!

A whole lot of substance, with this, that, and the other that all seems to tie together , without the this, that, and the other, that just leaves you confused!

I may be in trouble there though, I almost understood myself there for a minute, smile !!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

We need more gun writers who tell it like it is. John is at the top of a very short list.

Charles Petty deserves a pat on the back for the article on case prep in the latest Handloader.

Thanks JB, you a credit and honor to JB's everywhere.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks, guys. I'll just keep tryin'.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
same here....keep up the good work JB

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, been reading John's stuff for many years and he's a big part of why I subscribe to Rifle and Handloader.

I've used a lot of the information that he's provided such as fire lapping. My 95 Winchester is now much more accurate after applying this procedure and turned a nice wall hanger into a classic hunting rifle.

I like his common sense and no BS approach to writting.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
same here....keep up the good work JB

Yep! Keep it up. Much appreciated.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I agree. I like the writing and point of views of JB. He start questioning (is this word allright?)all the accepted "dogmas" and trying again by himself. And I am sure he would like someone to challenge his discoverings. Good!

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
One of the great articles of all time is Mule Deer's "ADEQUATE RIFLES - TOUGH GAME"
I am guilty of posting large parts of that article on other internet forums when the merde gets too deep. Thanks JB!

"We deal in lead - friend"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks to JB, I got the bug for the Bob after reading his "Bob Revisited" article....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having caught Magnumitus at one time, I can say John set me straight on what is really needed to kill game. I still like them all, but of late have enjoyed long skinny bullets traveling alot less than Mach 1, but traveling very accurately....
JB gets it done.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having caught Magnumitus at one time, I can say John set me straight on what is really needed to kill game. I still like them all, but of late have enjoyed long skinny bullets traveling alot less than Mach 1, but traveling very accurately....
JB gets it done.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Count me in the upset camp. shocked In a matter of a few short years, he's destroyed decades of "facts" that I'd learned from reading gun magazines and books. I mean first there was the full length vs. neck sizing, then the minimal length of the barrel required to burn all the powder, the fact that I don't need to spend countless hours "breaking-in" barrels, that I probably clean the barrel too often, the aforementioned 1/4 rules, and I could go on.

I mean at one point I almost developed a flinch when I'd sit down to read his next article thinking, "O.K., what 'fact' am I going to learn today that's going destroy years worth of 'research'?" wink All I can say is, "Keep it up J.B.- it's painful, but worth it." grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He did confirm the 264 myth,a 140 at 3200.His articles become the last word on what ever subject he writes about,what higher praise can you say?

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 05/07/08. Reason: better wording

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by bhemry
Count me in the upset camp. shocked In a matter of a few short years, he's destroyed decades of "facts" that I'd learned from reading gun magazines and books. I mean first there was the full length vs. neck sizing, then the minimal length of the barrel required to burn all the powder, the fact that I don't need to spend countless hours "breaking-in" barrels, that I probably clean the barrel too often, the aforementioned 1/4 rules, and I could go on.

I mean at one point I almost developed a flinch when I'd sit down to read his next article thinking, "O.K., what 'fact' am I going to learn today that's going destroy years worth of 'research'?" wink All I can say is, "Keep it up J.B.- it's painful, but worth it." grin

I'm glad to see that you are in the camp that wants to know the truth and are not content to stay with pre-concieved incorrect beliefs... Many can't handle the truth...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 61 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,880
Posts18,518,168
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.