Print Thread
Hop To
G
GPA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Simple review: Chinese JUNK! Anyone who thinks Cabela's doesn't sell junk (or seconds) is badly mistaken!

Still looking for the perfect boot,
Barney

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They got back a pair from me. They were,I believe the whitetail 1200? scentlock, goretex, you know the deal. They leaked like a sieve during turkey season from the dew in the fields! Not sure who made them but they had cabelas name on them.

Got Danner pronghorns now. Love them to death.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same exact experience as 260 had.....the Pronghorns are a great field boot......Grand Slams were crap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, but I only own the good, made in USA Danners.

220 Swift still king.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I didn't know Danner even had a hunting boot that was made in the USA. If they do they are one of the few, almost everything I've looked at from any boot maker has been made in China................547.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My pronghorns are made in china, but have been a good boot for tha last 2 years. Hard to find a USA boot anymore. I don't like to order boots, cause I tend to wear different sizes from different companies.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swift

The only thing made in the USA is some on the final stitching.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by whitedogone

Where do you work on the Danner line?

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My cousin and brother USED to mad

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SOME New Balance shoes are USA assembelled/components USA made. You have to look at the tongue to tell. Kohl's has regular sales and usually at least one pair will be the USA model. I expect some shoes to 'come home' in the next year as a positive fall out from the dollar/euro/looney exchange rate issue.

Read the Danner parent company web page for info (you have to read a bit between the lines on the investor page). That's Lacrosse by the way. Only one USA facotry left (the Danner factory in Oregon).

USA models are either the $200+ or the $300+ versions. Sorry, can't remember, as I bought the Cabelas Outfitter boot (love the soles and leather -- should have gotten the 600 gram versus 200 gram).

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought the Cabelas Outfitter boot, and they have developed a weak rinkle that rubs into my big toe after they broke in.

It's been since last winter. Will they take them back?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a pair of Danner Grand Slams, that I bought from Sportsman's Warehouse two years ago.
After a 50-mile climbing breakin, I took them hunting to New Zealand.
Waterfowl hunting involved two days of standing and wading in ankle-deep coastal water, for ducks and geese. Everyone else was using rubber boots, but I opted to test out the Danners.
Absolutely dry feet the whole time. I think they are great footwear.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Don't be afraid to spend $230 on a good pair of Danners. In the long run it will be the cheapest pair of boots you will ever own. I bought my 1st pair in 1990 for $150 and hunted in them through the 2006 season. Sometime after turning 45 my size 11 feet gradually grew to a size 12. It will probaly happen to you younger guys someday too. Last year I replaced my old Danners with a size 12 and gave my old ones to a kid at the school where I teach. He's still wearing them. Granted, I only used these boots to hunt in, but that is 17 hunting seasons of warm, dry, comfortable feet. Those boots are $230 now in Cabelas and I consider them a bargain. At this rate by the time I need new boots I will be too old to use them.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My cousin and brother USED to mad

I see, ya don't work on the Danner line.

Their top of the line USA made boots are USA made. Possibly not of all US made materials but still USA made.

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bought a pair of Danner Tiners, paid $170 and was happy thinking for that much money I bought USA .... great boots and comfortable, but after a month or two, I looked in the tongue and noticed they were made in China .... I was royally pizzed! Still wear them as they are comfortable enough for daily wear.

Went to SW to and asked how much do I have to spend to get USA boots .... answer was $280. Next time I'll know better.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
D
Dew Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've come to believe that the only thing made in the USA anymore are politicians and they lie.

Looking for a new GPS for 2010?
Try the Bible.
G
GPA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
You are quite right: They lie.....while consorting with our enemies and planning policies that favor the rich and powerful!

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I bought a pair of 200 gram Pronghorns a couple of years ago and have been nothing but happy with them.

I also don't care to purchase boots online, but there is a HUGE Cabela's store on the east side of the state so I tried some on first.

I am glad I went w/ the Danners, as the next in line was the Cabela's line that look just like Danners... sounds like you guys had and hated 'em.

The boots I had before these were actually hiking boots... Vasque Sundowners made in Italy and held by Red Wing. For warmer weather hunting like turkey season and small game they were awesome, but uninsulated with steel shank was suicide in cold weather. Still, they're incredible boots that have given me 10 years of service.

As for the politics of American made boots, we'll see what happens with Ron Paul at the convention. If he doesn't run it sounds like those who want to make a principled statement will have to vote third party and "throw their vote away".

I'd personally rather "throw away my vote" than give it to any of the big-spending liberals we'll have a choice of in the two parties...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,683
Posts18,475,018
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.