Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Have you ever gone shopping and you find out<BR>that the store collects donations for an<BR>anti-hunting or anti-gun organization? What<BR>did you do if anything? Have you ever thought<BR>about going back into the store with some<BR>friends and telling the store owner to stop<BR>or you would take your business somewhere else?<BR> Do you think for a minute that the owner<BR>wishes to lose business? The next thing that you should see is that the store owner stop<BR>collecting donations for these groups.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
George, I haven't seen it, but then I live in an area where it is almost certain to make you lose business to collect donations for that sort of thing. That isn't a bad plan of attack though.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
big hunter,<BR> Thank you for your time.I can<BR>understand what you are saying but,it does happen.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

K
K
Yes, I have been in this situation. My response...<P>1 demanded and recievded a full refund on the spot for the items I had just purchased<P>2 demannded (and after a lengthy wait)to speak to the manager<P>3 informed the manager that the policy was offensive and that I would not spend any future dollars with the store and would spread this boycott to my friends and neighbors (most managers respond in a deeply bored tone that it is corporate policy and they widh I would reconsdier but if not so be it)<P>4 mailed letters reiterating this position to the store in question, the area corporate office, the national corporate office and (when applicable) the international corporate office (rarely have I recieved a response to any of the letters with the exception recently of Home Depot--they returned a letter restating their 'corporate policy' and touting their prices, quality, etc with a strong implication that they were confident I would not find another retailer of their merit and included a $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE good in any Home Depot--I reeurned their Certificate with a letter stating how offended I was by there assumption that they ruled the market and that I would be bribed back into their stores)<P>5 In all cases, I have not shopped any of the offensive companies since and, much to the obvious boredom of those around me, relate this to everyone I encounter who does shop these bussinesses.<P>I cannot say I have seen any change as a result and must admit that most of the firends or family that initially agreed to boycott have returned to shopping these stores for a variety of self-justifications. I am disappointed in those people but I stand on my principles and will not flex those ideals for the convenience of the moment. I am generally labeled a nut-case or extremist for my stand but I can live with those labels.<P>I apply this to all issues of which I feel strongly, not just anti-2nd Admendment, and will freely admit it does complicate and inconvenience my life greatly. But I BELIEVE that to behave otherwise would be a betrayal of my birthright of personal freedom and responsibility. I will concede these rights inherent rights to the opinion of others only upon my death.<P>------------------<BR>

G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Kaliedescope,<BR> Good for you.It does seem that<BR>there are some who do care.The problem that<BR>we have is that we don't have enough people involved.They are too busy talking instead.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
George, I have seen some of the donation boxes but haven't noticed any that were for anti-hunting organizations, but I will take note and watch for them and act accordingly. Thanks.......deadeye

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Some days you're the dog. Some days you're the hydrant.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Kaliedescope, that is the way to stand your ground like a man! Good for you. [Linked Image]<BR>

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
big hunter,<BR> And thank you for your support.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

K
K
George and Big Hunter,<P>Thank you for the moral support. it gets pretty lonely out here!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i would like to find out more about who's who on the anti-gun kick. for example: i read on a board before that levi's is anti-gun, as is pepsi, etc...what common items might i be buying that are made by anti-gun type people?<P>as far as the stores go, i have never run into this. most of the stores here sell either guns or ammunition (except shopko... wonder why?), so that hasn't been a problem for me, yet.<P>btw, george, i appreciate your effort.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
IC B3

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
About 6 or 8 mos. ago I got an e-mail (I forget who it was from) saying that Walmart was going to stop selling guns and ammo. I e-mailed thier corp. hq. and received a very polite, concise answer stating they were NOT going to stop selling guns or ammo, as lomn as thier customers wanted them. I was happy with thier no-nonsense reply.

"nullum gratuitum prandium"
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Which stores, are they national chains? Give us a list so we can help...<P>John

"If a little's good, a lot's better, and way too much is just right!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here in MI, we are on the verge of our shall issue CCW law taking effect (July 1) [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] I learned that a grocery store chain here in MI is giving money to the anti's who are fighting the new law. I went to the store and talked to the manager. He was unaware that the corporate headquarters was doing this. I told him that I would not be shopping there anymore until they quit supporting those who would restrict the rights of law abiding citizens. I know he was not BSing me about not knowing because he is a friend of my wife and I talk to him occasionaly when I am in there. I also sent a letter to the corporate headquarters and let them know that I will not be shopping at there store and I will be letting other people I know the same information. So far I havent heard anything back and I dont expect to either. The store chain is a family owned business and I dont think that they are on the stock market. All you can do is try. It's too bad because they have an awsome deli section. Ill miss shopping there.<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, how far are we willing to go? I've already informed several stores I wouldn't shop there because of their anti-gun policies and I support my legislators who support my gun rights. That in itself will be a huge issue in our fight to retain our guns.<BR>The other day, an article in The Oregonian, picked up from UPI was about Ford Charitable Trust donating funds to several environmental and anti-hunting organizations. Many of the people interviewed were farmers who were impacted by these groups and their policies. To a person, they felt betrayed by Ford and most of them drove Ford trucks. Every one of them interviewed stated that they would not be buying Ford products until this policy of the Trust is reversed. When this kind of issue is published in national publications, it can have the real kind of impact we are looking for, and the publicity that George is trying to help us attain. A few victories like this will inevitably further our cause more than a lot of posturing and BS'ing on these boards. <BR>Let's give George a hand and take some of our local matters into our hands and do what we can. Calling legislators and registering your disgust with "anti" legislation is a very good start- trust me, it WORKS! And on the flip side of the coin, if you have a legislator who supports our rights in your state, give him a call and tell him thanks and consider sending him some money for his reelection campaign. - Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
N
N
Make sure you keep your confrontations polite, concise and constructive. It's not enough to simply tell them that you won't do business there anymore. You would have to take away 30 percent of their business to do real damage. Fact of the matter, you won't eliminate 30 percent by yourself...nor will you do it by telling your friends.<P>I had a confrontation with PetsMart a couple months ago. I bought a bag of bird food and a lamp for my fish tank. At the end of the sale, the clerk asked if I'd like to donate 1 dollar to SPCA. I politley asked the clerk to cancel the sale and return the merchandise to the shelves. I then asked if the manager was in and was told it was his day off. I turned to the customers in line behind me and asked them to not support the SPCA as they were an anti hunting organization. One lady said that they do a wonderful job with the spay and neuter clinics. I told her that I neutered my dog by taking him to my vet and did not need their assistance. Two of the guys in line told me that they were hunters and could not understand why anyone would be Anti Hunting. I asked them to visit the ASPCA website and judge for themselves.<P>I then began a letter writting crusade of my own. I received an explanation from the manager. Corporate in tone, he stated that I was a valued customer but he understood the need for me to shop elsewhere if it came to that. He stated all the good things that SPCA does. I returned his letter telling him that the local Humane Society does everything that the SPCA does and it would be wiser for him to support them.<P>I received e-mail repsonses from corporate office...same message and I returned the same responses to them. I have yet to find out if their practices have changed.<P>Point is, I offered these fine folks alternative ways to do exactally what they think they are doing now. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But I do know they listened to me as I did not deliver my message in a threatening manner.<P>Nate

I like to ask question as if to make myself appear stupid...that way, I avoid all posibilities of being held responsible!
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Where I live the Humane Society supports the SPCA. The Humane Society calls me whenever they have a pointer, gsp, vizsla etc. and I go look at them. Most have AKC papers, but they won't release the papers with the dog. I give 'em $50, take the dog, and find a GOOD home for it. With someone I know. I suppose I'm supporting someone down the line thatI don't want to support, but I do it. It's kind of like trying to buy an American made car, almost impossible. I can't let a bird dog go to someone who will keep him in a 600 sq. ft apartment, when I have so many friends with ranches. Great site..love it.

"nullum gratuitum prandium"
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Hi guys.It's good to be back.We need to go all the way with stores.We must let them know that they will loose our business if they don't stop their actions.Hit them in the<BR>pocket book where it will be felt by them.We<BR>must not stop on them.We must keep after them<BR>as often as we can.Thank you for your support<BR>in this matter.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 35, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 6 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.