Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
This is the only board I'm on with a lot of americans.I'm interested about the outcome of your next presidential race.
The way i see it you guys could be looking at some canadian style gun laws if the democrats get elected.Or will your constitution protect you from that? How does McCain stack up for gun rights? Does he have a chance at winning?

From what I've seen on the canadian news both candidates for the democrats,Obama and Clinton seem to be lying sacks of sh1t when it comes to gun laws.I'd like an average everday american point of veiw,not what I see on the newscasts.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McCain sucks less.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
LOL Jed but does he have a chance beating the democrats?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What should we expect from career politicians? Truth and ethics are generally left behind with their first election to office, if they held onto them that long.

"A free people (claim) their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate."
--Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
That's not just an american thing Jayhawker,I think it may just be a requirement.

Last edited by RedForeman; 05/12/08.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Red, it's all purely a choice of the least of 3 evils. I'm considering actually voting for a democrat this time, even though they are worse than McCain.

1) If somebody is going to screw over the country, I'd prefer it be a Democrat. And all 3 will screw over the country.
2) If Republicans won't vote for McCain, maybe the party will wake up in 4 years and actually allow a real Republican to go through.
3) If a Democrat is President, I don't think squat will happen because the Republicans will block them in Congress. If McCain is elected, he'll pass all kinds of liberal crap.

McCain's military stance is the only thing making him look better than the other two, as far as I'm concerned. But for a vet and war hero to betray America by trying to grant citizenship to every Illegal alien that trespasses into America... Grrr....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Rory, I agree with you 100%. But what if the Republicans lose control in congress? We have got some of the sorriest SOB's ever calling themselves leaders. I'd honestly rather not vote at all than to vote for the idiots running.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Democrats take control of the White House and Congress, the only thing stopping more restrictive gun laws is a filibuster by the Right. In short, not good. But they won't let it be in something like the Brady Bill which absolutely killed the Democrats in 1994. It will be hidden in the new "Crime Bill", or something silly with a heart felt name like, "Protect the Children Act"...

Of course, well known and popular liberals as well as Hollywood elites (as well as their bodyguards) will be allowed to own firearms to protect themselves from the public dullards. Just low lifes like us in fly over states will be lectured on why it is best not to have them. Maybe not that bad afterall..you will feel like you are 6 years old again.

So...mommy and daddy will be home soon, well since 1992, and they are mad at you by golly.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All I can say is B.O.H.I.C.A. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mcain does suck less, but i am very afraid of a Black racist, part Muslim, friends with a racist, friends with a convicted terrorist(William Airs) friend of a racical racist Muslim( Louis Farrahkhan) Husband of a crazy Black beotch, answers "present" on over 50% of his Senatorial votes(cause he don't want anybody to know what he really believes) Totally anti gun and not many people care or will believe it makes a diff. and will still vote for "Change". I DON'T WANT CHANGE! I LIKE THINGS JUST THE WAY THEY ARE/WERE 20 YEARS AGO OR RIGHT NOW![bleep] CHANGE! mad

If you really like something,you better buy two!
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not crazy for McCain, I was a Huckabee man myself. (although He is an American hero, you got to respect what he went through and how he conducted himself as a war prisoner. I wonder what he thinks of Jane Fonda, but that's off the point).

McCain was definately not my first choice, however he beats the hell out of Hillery and I hate to say it but she beats the hell out of Obama. I hate to say this even worse, but I think the crazies outnumber those of us who are not nowadays. I think Obama has a good shot at it. Those who want to vote for him now, don't care about what his minister says, that he himself refused to salute the flag, that he had claimed his parents met at the famous March at the Selma peace rally with Martin Luther King, fell in love and then he was born, which it later turned out he was born two years prior to the Selma peace rally. They don't care, they are liberal, they are all for imorality or destroying and breaking down our sociaty or just plain sheep devoted to voting democrat no matter who is running(whatever happened to the good old democrats of the 30's and 40's? You guys who were around back then, the Democrats weren't all commies back then as they are now were they? I wouldn't think so. Why is it to be a Democrat politician who have to be a flaming liberal?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its going to feel strange, voting for a democrat. However, I will be voting for McCain as I view him as the lesser of three evils. The RINO endorsed by the DINO.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I go with the Macain SUCKs the least! John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
McCain is the lesser of three evils, i wish he would get his head out of his azz and pay attention to the fuel crisis and economic crisis ,and stop believing in that global warming bullschit, he can stop talking about the war anytime, and pay attention whats going on here!! mad mad Don

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Discussing politics is much like discussing the price of fuel. It's way too depressing. Can't we get back to talking Savages and have threads like this on another forum.

Does anyone have, or is there a source for at least approximate production numbers, for Savage? Thanks. Just trying to change the subject. smile smile

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Keep in mind lbk,,,All them numbers is just that, numbers, don't mean squat in the big picture. As you said..you'll take what comes, based on condition and price.

Politics...I still think Hillary is best candidate and should easily win..I guess she ain't paid enough for advertising.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't know if I can vote for anyone. anyone with a brain is not running I beleive because of the crap in Irack..

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If a Democrat gets in this fall, I don't think too much will happen to gun rights over the next four years. They'll keep their eye on the prize, which is getting in for a second term. And if that happens, watch out. Of course, as already stated here, a lot also depends on whether the Republicans have a majority in the House and/or the Senate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They All Suck.
I Have Not Heard 1 Canidate Talk about What They are Really Going to Do to Address Jobs In this Country. What Are they Going to do to Put America, and Americans 1st.
The President to Be or is! Is only one Azz-hole,,,may we not forget all the other 700 some odd othe Azz-holes under them,,,,Change? Yes we Need Change,,,Change all the Old Politics Out and Politicians out,,this Country has been going Down Hill Since the 90's and Has gotten Worse since 2000,,,,
What are we Making any-more,Creating, and or Developing ? Less and Less. We Use to be the Number 1 In Creating Growth,Leading the World in Technoligie,Medicine,Exploration,Monitary,Industrial, and Education.
We have Fallin in so Many Areas,,We have Eliminated Trades in Schools,and out in the Feild,Low Cost Goods For Corporations to Bring Up Profit margins For Stock Holders and Putting People Out Of Work,Companies Out of Buisness. And Now Look at the Walmarts,Home-depo's and the G.M's,Fords and Such There all Suffering For No One Can Even Afford to Buy Cheap. They have Minimized and Eliminating Opertunity's for Young People, and Hard Working Folk To Get-Ahead in Life.

We Can't Even Make Amunition for the Boys and Gals Abroad Fighting,,,For We Have and Continually Purcahse 70% of out Small Arms Amunition From China...... What A Bunch Of of Shizz.

Change Yes. I agree with that Statement,,,,But We Need to Change them all,,Get Rid of the B.S. Po;itics,,the Lobist,,The Pork-belly Bills,,,And Get Back to Basics.
J.M.F.O.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And Here another REASON Why WE NEED CHANGE
Both on the Republican and Democrat's

Minorities![size:17pt][/size]

We need to show more sympathy for these people.
* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day every day.

I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans; I'm talking about our troops!
Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops and are now threatening to de-fund them?

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 1lesfox, 35 invisible), 11,938 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,237
Posts18,544,231
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.