Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
To all hunters and gun owners:<BR> Would you be willing to demonstrate in<BR>Washington,DC,to protect your rights? Do you<BR>know what would happen if,"most," of the<BR>hunters and or gun owners in the United States showed up in Washinton DC,just before<BR>an election? Any comments would help? Lets<BR>put the politicans on the spot.<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

GB1

C
C
Yes. If I thought the situation callede for it I would. kThe Million Idiot moms, The naacp can all take their cause there Why the hell cant the gun owners. kBut I feel if we did it should be a demonstration of unity wihtout any riots or violence. Just a whole hell of a lot of gun owners showing suport for the cause.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why not? Mass numbers will really get the media to thinking. That would also grab any politician's attention. HA! Al Gore actually thought his anti-gun position would help his election, but he actually found himself having to back down and say that he won't take the law-abiding citizens guns. Not that it matters as he was lying anyhow.<BR> I just hate the media though. At the million moms march they were standing for a good cause, but if we do that it would be a bunch of extremists disturbing the peace. Let's do it anyway. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, who are the major players that would help pull it off? Maybe July 4th, 2002 or 2003? Might conflict with DC 4th celebration or maybe we just take that over? Or maybe a date where alot people would not have a vacation conflict? Maybe we could form a coalition of pro-gun groups into a 501C3 or get the National Shooting Sports Foundation to take it on certainly with the help of all like groups. I like it! How do we start? <P>Oh yeah, we definitely WILL NOT call it the MILLION anything! No expectations, no counting, just a hell of alot of people making noise for their gun rights.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
jackfish,<BR> Sounds good to me.It would be very<BR>nice if the people here would join in this.<BR>Other organizations do it.So why don't we?<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was hoping to get a "million signatures" on my petition and have people here on the campfire help me drop the load of papers off in Washington. But count me in on this. I have tickets and WILL travel. I also offered tickets to those who wanted to go....<P><BR>GB - when you have time give me your idea of what my intro should read. You were not around this fire when I first started this endeavor but I would appreciate your input.<P>Toons

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Toons,<BR> I'll do my best but could you e-mail me<BR>part of the information so that I could take a look at it? I'm getting stretched to the<BR>limit with everything that I need to do but,I<BR>will always put aside time for something else.To other members here.How about you?I'm<BR>now putting in 6-7 days a week and 10-12 hours a day or more.Is there others out there<BR>that wish to help out to defeat the anti's?<P> GOOD HUNTING<BR> GEORGE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK, good idea, as far as it goes. If I can possibly make it, I'll be there.<P>But noone notices these demonstrations unless the media covers it, and our media has long since sold out to the other side. I wouldn't expect much support from them, and God forbid something ugly happened.<P>Let me know when you guys get fed up and decide to MARCH IN and clean house. I'm starting to think that instead of defending the 2nd, we should start exercizing it!<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, FOX News would cover it! For the rest you would have to make it news. A very calculated media strategy would have to be devised. You have the radio waves dominated by conservative hosts like Michael Reagan, Mike Gallagher, Rush, etc. to promote it.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Jackfish I like your style. George, I think it could be pulled off. One thing a person wouldnt want to do is have alot of media coverage and only 1000 gunowners out of 80 million show up. That would look really bad. I know from the work I have done, in all reality, that 90 percent of the people will say "YES I WILL BE THERE, I will help" and ya think biy this is great. ANd at the end of the day only about 1 percent of the 90 percent actually do anything about it. I am not trying to put a damper on this fire , I am just being realistic, and going by what I have seen others do in the past and what I have seen happen personally in the past. Even the Million Mom March didnt have a million moms there and they did comment on it, the news media did. An effort like this with 5 million or even one million people that you could count on to show up would definately raise some eyebrows. I think the NRA would be a good one to consult on the matter. They have the recourses to get the word out and have the most members of any group I know of in the country. Just my take on the subject. bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree with bcat. A great way to get the word out would be the NRA. You probably should contact them next.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
T
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackfish:<BR><STRONG>Well, who are the major players that would help pull it off? Maybe July 4th, 2002 or 2003? Might conflict with DC 4th celebration or maybe we just take that over? Or maybe a date where alot people would not have a vacation conflict? Maybe we could form a coalition of pro-gun groups into a 501C3 or get the National Shooting Sports Foundation to take it on certainly with the help of all like groups. I like it! How do we start? <P>Oh yeah, we definitely WILL NOT call it the MILLION anything! No expectations, no counting, just a hell of alot of people making noise for their gun rights.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi Jackfish...<P>How do we start? Good question... I'll start the answer by saying that we should get a "hell of alot of people making noise" for *all* of our rights!<P>Here goes...<P>First off, please know that this is not one of those mass posted solicitations or a spammed piece of junk. This message is a sincere call to awareness for anyone who desires to speak out (and be heard) by the liberal media and the pandering politicians buying into the radical politics of the animal rights industry.<P>Fellow outdoors enthusiasts, I am new here as a result of someone posting a link to your "camp site" from one of those "animal rights/anti-hunting" advocates message boards on the Net. In addition, to whoever posted the address, I kindly thank you. <P>While we're sitting around the campfire here, you should know that I am a plain spoken person and the more you get to know me, the more you'll know how dedicated I am at bringing sanity back into the realm of our sacred constitution, animal welfare and our rights. Especially those rights presently under attack by politicians buying into the deceptive agenda of the animal rights industry.<P>It's hard to imagine that our nation's lawmakers would be ignorant and thoughtless enough to be bowing down to the radical animal rights agenda... but they are and... in a big way. <P>As we know, animal rights special interests against hunters ties in perfectly with the gun control factions trying to kill the 2nd amendment... so, in turn, those radical special interests have <B><I>joined forces</I></B> in a unified effort to abolish our rights and create a new wave of federal criminals out of law-abiding citizens. Emphasis on <B><I>"joined forces."</I></B><P>Speaking of joining forces in a unified effort--<P>The idea of going to Washington DC seems to be popular... FYI, I know of a concerned group of people planning to go to our nation's capital over the July 4 holiday *next year* ... and oddly enough, just like you, are being attacked for interacting with animals... There are a lot of us out here with the same feelings about the injustices of the pandering "Just Us" system.<P>We are truly sensitive about *all* of our rights--from hunting and fishing to valuable medical research... we are there with each group, because we know how it feels to have our rights threatened. <P>But the key is... heretofore, we have not raised our voice in *unison* to the pandering politicians signing off as co-sponsors to unconstitutional garbage that will infringe upon our rights... we should seriously consider this "joining forces" as a very important option. <P>As you might know, this past July 4 holiday, the "animal rights industry" had a national convention in McLean, VA not too far from Washington DC. If you have not seen the reports and quotes from the conference--just let me know and I will gladly share them with you! The information and quotes from the animal rights industry leadership is shocking to say the least!<P>I am confident that most of you know the animal rights industry is attacking anybody and everybody who has interaction with animals. Be it hunting, fishing, rodeo, circus or food on our dinner plates, the animal rights industry is coming after all of us... including the unsuspecting pet lovers, too.<P>We all might not know to what extent, but there are a lot of us concerned, frustrated individuals out here... wondering what we should (or could) do about the radical madness happening with so-called "animal issues" and people being legislated from being "animal welfare care-givers" to "animal rights lawbreakers."<P>Here is a link to contact if you are truly interested in "joining forces" to regain and preserve your rights, liberty and freedoms.<P><B>Just write to this Email privately and tell'em Tim extended the invitation to you:</B><P>Conference2002action-net.net <P>We are growing weary of the constant assault on sound reason and logic from the animal rights industry. It's high time we all become unified as a single voice to turn back the radically arrogant ignorance of the animal rights industry. <P>I hope you will "join forces" in this much needed effort to let freedom ring..... again. <P>The invitation is extended:<P>With best regards,<P>Tim<BR>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Invitation from the A.C.T.I.O.N. forum * * * * * * * * * * * * * *<BR>Dear Friends, <P>It is possible we will have funding for Buses from several states to Washington. I have the word of the President of a group that he will support and offer the motion that their group fund transportation from several states where we know we can gather people to attend. <P>We want all our Action folks, any and all animal use organization to unite and join our busing to Washington movement next July. We are promoting peaceful assembly, informational seminars on ANY aspect of animal use, any group that wishes to participate will be given a free hand to do what they please, set up any seminars and offer all the speakers they please. This is NOT just an Action line call; Action is only a group of volunteers trying to Unite our rural, urban, business, cultural, religious organizations that view the "assignment of Rights" to animals as patently wrong. <P>Action does not wish to "call the shots". We want to provide the people a means of supporting their individual rights to own animals and continue in our national heritage and cultural heritage free from oppression. <P>If you are a member of a group that would like to help the snowball grow, if you want your issue to be known in Washington DC, if you want some Action, lets get on board. <P>Here is the touchy part: We have 113 Action members, and if you are paying attention you know that no where near that many post to the project, so we must assume that many AR's are watching this activity, reporting it out and worrying among themselves that we might actually get this thing done. <P>THE ANIMAL RIGHTS FANATICS "GET IT DONE" EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE COMPETING FOR THE SAME MONEY. <P>ARE WE LESS ABLE, LESS DEDICATED TO KEEPING OUR RIGHTS THEN THEY ARE TO REMOVING THEM ????? IF SO YOU MAY AS WELL SELL WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW AND TAKE UP GARDENING. IF NOT LET'S GET UP AND MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD TOO. <P>If your group would like to participate, just write to this email privately so we can accurately assess our potential. Tell us what you want, what you need, how you want to participate; we are about the business of empowering you to do what you need to do. <P>Please make haste in your replies, those of you who can. Some funding is available. The more commitments we have for participation the more funds we can expect. <P>This is our shot at a Unified effort - many have said we cannot get it done, that people won't work together on this. I don't believe it. <P>Consider the following: There "used" to be a slang word for the AR's. It was Bunny Huggers. Well, ladies and gentlemen, the TRUE Bunny Huggers of America are represented in this forum. THAT should illustrate the extent of people' lives that are now being intruded into by the Animal Rights Agenda... Bunny Huggers are US. <P>Thank you for your time, hoping to hear from you. We need to show our various organizations that we can work together and support each other for the common good. Nobody is excluded, groups not represented in ACTION now will have the same rights as those who have been here all along. We are an all-volunteer group for Unity, nothing more, nothing less. <P>At your service, the action Committee.... <BR>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Message to our politicians -- the power delegated to you is not power surrendered by me.
W
W
I have some basic questions and I know no one will like to here them, but it would be better brought out now than later. Now you can plan--later would be too late.<P>Do you trust your government or some other whacko organization that they would not put some nut out there while the demonstration is taking place, to fire off a few rounds at the White House? And what kind of light would the media paint the demonstration in then? Would they focus on your cause, or the nut with a gun claiming to be with you??? Something like that could very well damage the very thing you want to achieve--Wallace [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

Natural balance.<BR>Natural order. <BR>And in the end...<BR>Natural selection.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
bcat, i don't think that the millon mom mach achaly had 1,000,000 more like 100,000 people. That name was made to make people think that there were alot of suporters when there wernt.<BR>To make something like this work well we would have to staret planing soon even if it will be neer the next election. A organizer or small team would be nesesary to make signicher sheets and to get them out to people so they could have them filled and sent them back to this person. We would have to get a permit in D.C. to have a protest. many people would have to spred the word of this so people come. One majore problem is most all of us have a vary far trip to DC so we would have to be extremly serous about this to pull it off. <BR>If the NRA could do some of the orginizing for us and or put something telling people to come to this in there magazens that this could be done and done well. <P>If i could get to it and i probily could take a bus then i would be happy to join.

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

W
W
Please see what I wrote under 7mmbuster's topic "A Better Idea"--Wallace [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Natural balance.<BR>Natural order. <BR>And in the end...<BR>Natural selection.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (1234, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.