Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bend Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Heck of a read about the 2nd Amendment and a near civil war in the U.S. concerning it. Found out about the book from another board. 860 pages so make some time for it. See more reviews at Amazon.com. Bend

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bend - It's all about "feedin' the hogs".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I currently just over 1/2 way through the book, so please don't spoil the ending for me! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>This book really is food for thought. I encourage all who care about our Bill of Rights, and the Second Amendment to read it. It just may give you nightmares, though.<P>One question though. Where in the world did Henry get enough money to practice shoot trap with a .375 H&H? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <BR> 7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Bend Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
7mm- "I currently just over 1/2 way through the book"<P>You are now just getting to the great part. My wife was ****ed last night when I would not come to bed, finished it this morning about 9am!

M
M
It is a good book, some of it got kind of stupid but I would definatly recommend it. I really like the historical facts. An excellent explanation of gun control from its start to present. I spent three late nights reading it, didn't want to put it down.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you guys liked "Unintended Consequences" you'll LOVE Claire Wolfe's "101 Things To Do Until The Revolution" and "Don't Shoot The Bast---s (Yet)". You'll also like L. Neil Smith's "Pallas" (science fiction)but by far, James Bovard's "Lost Rights" will get your blood pumping! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bend, I been there already. Wifey called me to bed now several times, but at least she's not mad at me. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>I was a little further than I thought. It's June 13th, and our hero is discussing options with his friends. <P>I can't wait to finish it this weekend.<P>Ebd10, I'll look for those others you suggest, and Randy Weavers book too. Gosh, I read alot already, and you guys keep stacking more on me! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] I might have to give up hunting! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] No, if I did that, the deer populatiopn would explode.<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Bend Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
7mm-<BR>"I might have to give up hunting! "<P>No sweat hunting and reading at the same time IF you at at/in a stand. I usually take a book along, get in a good spot, tree stand, etc., put on electronic ears and read. Works for me; Bend<P>BTW, see if you can figure out who the chick is that gets it in the double-wide and is semi-approved.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
have read it 4 or 5 times and just happen to be on page 597 right now. Only brought 3 books with me.this one, Use Enough Gun and The Old Man And The Boy. both by Ruark.<BR>i tell people that this is the way the world ends...unless we can act through the system NOW<BR>pig

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Finished! Who was the chick in the doublewide? I new our who the pilot was right away, but never caught the woman.<P>I enjoyed it but wish it hadn't so much sexual content. Big Hunter wants to read it, but I think it's alittle too much for someone under 18. The violence doesn't bother me as much as the sex, although it's pretty graphic.<P>Question. Is there a book containing the history that Mr. Ross sights throughout the book. Everyone needs to be aware of what our government has done, but most will not believe a work of fiction.<BR>7mmbuster

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Unintended Consquences is an excellent book and should be a required read for all concerned gunowners.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Bend .... The chick in the double-wide ... are her initials J.R.? (or is this wishful thinking?) Anyone in the middle of a 6mm/.348 project? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

B
Bend Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
LC- Seems to me that the women in the double-wide was the non-experianced in gun handling female ATF agent with longggg finger nails. Bend

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bend:<BR><STRONG>LC- Seems to me that the women in the double-wide was the non-experianced in gun handling female ATF agent with longggg finger nails. Bend</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Bend,<BR>Yeah, that would be fitting. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] Now that you mention it, can't believe I didn't think of her. The little devil in my subconscious gray matter ( [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] ) soooooo wanted it to be Janet Reno! I might have to re-read that section, just for grins. <P>Although I have to agree with 7mmbuster that there may have been some unfortunately gratuitous (not to mention tasteless) sex and violence included in the story, I did find the book very educational, enjoyable and worthwhile overall.

B
Bend Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
LC- "sex and violence"<P>Heck, I thought those where the book's second and third best selling points! Read any James Bond books lately? But you and 7mm are correct in it not being a childrens book. Bend

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.