Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Its really nice to see a Republican politician who has a "set". In reading the Anchorage newspaper I see that Palin is suing the Dept. of Interior for listing the polar bear! Way to go! Fight fire with fire! That is exactly what the wackos up there are thinking of doing because the bear got the "threatened" status, not the "enedangered" kiss of death.
Some self proclaimed lead wacko, Kassie Siegel of "Center for Biological Diversity" excoriated the Governor as being grossly mis-informed. That group SHOULD be named, the "Center for Biological Terrorism"!
Way to go Governor Palin!

Last edited by bigwhoop; 05/22/08.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We should have been suing those tree hugging bureaucrats years ago and kicking their A$$e$ out of office.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 05/22/08.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sarah darlin, is a national treasure. A model for aspiring politicians.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you go girl,

who knows maybe it all will blow up in her face someday, but I give her high marks as a governor so far.

not so sure about giving us all money, haven't seen any figures for the state of the treasury.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She may make some mistakes but if she owns up to the mistakes and continues to exhibit integrity, I will stand by her . This level of integrity is long past due. You Go Girl!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well said Vern and +1 for me. You Go Girl!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
She just might be too good for a McCain Administration. She might be more valuable "up there" fighting the good fight in helping the U.S. become more energy independent.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
She just might be too good for a McCain Administration. She might be more valuable "up there" fighting the good fight in helping the U.S. become more energy independent.

Agree with you, since she is a conservative, and much more than MaCain. She is better up here taking care of Alaska.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"I have a bad feeling about this..." Hans Solo.

Agreed about Palin and the suit.

The "bad feeling" is because the bear was declared "threatened" because it's HABITAT is THOUGHT to be changing, with no real proof (A few years data deviance is nothing in long term climatology). This sets a precedence - a very bad one! The "we-are-evil" crowd is determined to choke the human race into submission, rather than letting us die a more natural death due to over-population and resource depletion, as is the natural order to all things. (What we need is a few good predators! The auto isn't doing badly, all things considered smile )

Why wasn't the ring-seal- the bear's major prey- declared "threatened? Cuz it doesn't have the emotional impact of the bear, that's why. How about the walrus? Too ugly. Both these animals depend on the same sea-ice. The polar bear is a carefully chosen symbol for the "man is evil" crowd. Not that there isn't too danged many of us! (You go first - smile )

Aw, the ice-pack has shrunk to "only" a million and a half square miles last year. That's 1.5 MILLION square miles! True, it's over deep water, leaving the shallow-water coastal shelves mostly ice free.

This has never happened before????

Who knows?

When habitat changes, some species decline, others prosper. Who the hell are we to decide what is "right" in the long term, and of benefit to Mother Earth (the uncaring b*tch!). A million years from now, I doubt we humans will be here, but something will be! No niche goes uninhabited for long. Whether it is the (ex?) polar bear's or the human's sphere.

By the way, the polar bear in Alaska has been increasing in numbers over the last 20-30 years, quite likely in response to the ban on arial hunting, and despite the shoot anything, anywhere, anytime mind set of the Native hunters. The noted incidents of dropping body weights and cannibalism couldn't be due to the habitat being over-full for the population. Could it? Where is the base-line data from, say, a hundred years ago??

All this hand-wringing and sky-is-falling is based on only about 100 years (or less!) data. That is totally insignificant in climatology. Not even a blip. Yet the powers that be, have determined that this is the norm, is the desirable norm, and we are a bunch of dirty SOBs to have efed it up. Not that there is any real proof of the latter.

Just your basic, guilt-ridden liberal mea culpa!

The soap-box is now free....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agreed!...Sarah is more valuable here and can have more effect in this small arena than she could in DC.....

I hope she gets the time to help ADF&G improve their image....long overdue.....but she has bigger fish to fry at this time....

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The only way that women should go to Washington is to be President. Anything less, keep her home. She's more valuable to you in AK.

Battue

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
EVERY time you fill your car with gas, thank the libs and thier unwillingness to allow for drilling in some of the great 48 for not having the gas that you need, and having to pay extortion level pricing.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Not a fan of the left, however we also have our self to blame when it comes to those playing the commodity game.

According to some analysts that bubble will blow-as others have in the past-and prices will become more reasonable. Time will tell.

Drilling our own however would help in keeping the supply at a level to discourage such manipulation of the market.

Battue

Sorry this is a little of topic. Didn't realise until after I posted.

Last edited by battue; 05/27/08.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've been hearing rumors lately. Is it true the Palin's new child is really her 14-year-old daughter's kid? Also, are PFD's suppose to reach $4k this year?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I doubt PFD's reach 4K, but over 2K. They are averaged over the past 5 years of market profits.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Matt
Not her grandkid... she was PG.

I heard the 4k figure for what the pfd had made last year and the averaging knocked it down... But it will mean 800 is added in each of the next 4 years as last year's contribution to the average...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I hope you all know what a gem you have. We could use someone like her in Michigan. Ours is female too, but all caught up as a career democrat politician, and busy keeping the folks down here happy who have their hand out for what they have been taught for too many generations they are "entitled to". I suppose it would be too much to hope for that some "Alaska" would rub off & stick in the lower 48. I have been lucky enough to have hunted in your great state x3 & look forward to my return next May. Chaz

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I met her once at my school. She wanted to see my wood shop and the vocational education department. She was pleasant, approachable, shook every kids hand, we chatted about the bush villages where I taught, she looked at projects.....

Just a very lovely lady to meet. Then she went for a run with out cross-country team.

Happiness is a complete pass through. >>>>------->

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (257 mag, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 11 invisible), 1,613 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,844
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.