24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
99Lever Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone made a sling system that wraps around the butt stock of a 99 and ties up, then has a sling that loops around the barrel or front stock?? This allows to have a descent sling without having to drill holes in your nice Savage wood?? This sort of thing but with a non drilled sling attached.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEX-SHOEMAKER-L...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

GB1

J
J

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This fellow makes (or can make)the style you are looking for.
He does these for Swiss K-31's that are scoped but I'm sure he wouldn't refuse a nice savage project either. His prices are very reasonable For the front attachement you can always find the style of swivel eye that clamps around the barrel

Czechmauseritis' Leather Work

Last edited by Et2ss; 05/28/08.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
WOW! Too cool!

"In God We Trust"
www.levergunleather.com
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
99Lever, there is a fellow who sells on GB as "middaylonghunter" who makes a unique nondrill sling which he is in process of getting patented. I have one and it is incredible...goes on quickly, off quickly, but stays on until you want it off. Pictures below. If you are interested, I'll put you in touch with him (PM me). John
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wonder how he's going to get a patent on that? It's been done for years. Is it possible to patent a fancy leather knot?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yes, it's actually a way of turning the rough side around through some kind of loop. Last I heard it's patent pending. When you put it on, you pull the short tag (front and rear) and it locks the leather into place....no slipping. To take it off you just pull up on the tag. He hasn't advertised and doesn't make in bulk at all. These are the best I've seen.

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have my father's old Marlin which he fashioned a loop-type sling much like the one shown above. Daddy's sling looped around the barrel up front and at the pistol grip area at the rear. Problem was, the leather polished a good bit of the barrel slick of bluing - didn't bother the stock as much.

Lightfoot: You looking at this? Don't you offer a replacement 99 fore end screw that has an Uncle Mike's stud on the end? If I recall correctly I bought one from you. One could use that, plus one of Leverguns butt covers. Or maybe jerry-rig some sort of simple rear leather attachment by using the top buttplate screw. DonW

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
That stock of forearm studs is pretty well exhausted. Have just a couple left and I'll be hatching those. Still looking for another rock to kick over though.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The forearm screw you sent me is to replace a stud like you are talking about, while I decide weather to try to find a matching rear stud. All that is left of the rear one is the gorey hole in the stock. Been looking for a steel cassed cumpas to tack to the head of a lag bolt.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
dell, Pardon me for being dense, but I'm not real clear on what you're looking for here. You are looking for a butt stock stud that will match the fore end stud that you already have?

Take a look at the stud shown at low right in the pic below. Is this what you're looking for to place in that hole in your butt stock? If so, they are quite commonly found (most without the glamorous white spacer).

[Linked Image]

C
cwh Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
That sling is too simple! Please send me contact information. Thanks.

c

Last edited by cwh; 05/30/11.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Dennis Pritchard
lazydbvunet.net
He's a great guy, optician, master woodworker, hunter, rider, camper and all-around great person to talk to. I'm sure he'd be happy to email his phone # if you have questions or just want to gab. He doesn't make these in bulk, but usually has a few around. John

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1234, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 36 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,856
Posts18,517,676
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.