Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
It is obvious that our Constitution is under full scale attack. What is the answer? How do we really get it back? The idiots in Washington just don't get it. The sad thing is this; it seems to me that most Americans either don't care or don't know.

I am going to vote Constitution Party in all future elections where that is an option. It might be pissing in the ocean but at least I pissed.

Ain't never been a mutiny in the US Navy, but I am beginning to wonder if that is a good thing in light of the tyranny currently being forced off on the states.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've thought about that myself once or twice.
But, what are you really accomplishing? Yes, you are expressing yourself by voting for what you feel is right.
But, which is the lesser of two evils, Reps or Dems?

Proverbs 1:7 - The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Matthias:
Which of the two is the lesser evil is irrelevant; they have both proven to be evil. Until the voting public stops buying into this idea that there are only two choices, we will see our Constitution continually used as toiletpaper by those in the two major parties. The Constitution Party may not be perfect, but considering the unwillingness of the Republicans to stand up and defend our rights, they're looking better all the time.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What are you accomplishing by voting for a third party? Ideologically you are showing the two big ones what you really think of them.
Realistically, you are not accomplishing anything.

Proverbs 1:7 - The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The constitution is already gone. It means exactly nothing. Read the other post titled Tyranny, and tell me the constitution is alive.

At this point, there are only a couple of choices left.
1: Set back and wait for a no-knock raid to take your guns.
2: Pray that enough Americans will awaken to the fact that our gov is out of control.

I switched my voter registration to Libertarian a couple years ago. I figure that if enough folks would do that, the other parties would wake up and see why they're losing support.

I've gone round and round about this with other conservetives on this and other boards. The fact is, the two party system is choking what little freedom is left in this country.

Yeah, maybe I'm throwing my vote away. Truth is, I can't vote for a guy I don't like or trust, just because I like or trust the other guy even less. Witness the last election, and what GW has done since, all in the name of Democracy.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You got a more than legitimate point there.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
May I suggest a strategy to both tell the two big parties that they no longer represent your interests, and retain the power of your vote. Although we may most agree with some third party we know that in the near term they have no chance for a major office, thus a vote for them is a wasted vote. Reserve your vote to choose between the lesser of evils; but use your speech, your money, and your labor to build the party with whom you most agree. Perhaps, this way you/we can use the vote for the party (Republican) that at least does harm more slowly; and buy time as we build the party we can embrace.

Fireplug

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (308ld, 44mc, 3333vl, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 26 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,212
Posts18,503,923
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.