Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
First, I'd like to see what America would be like without the right ot bear arms. Just imagine, no crime, no rape, YEAH RIGHT!<BR>Toons, feel free to use any and all quotes from here for your petition thing. Another reason is to get this board a little activity.<BR> I think America would be under martial law eventually. Or at least under strict rule.<BR>The crime rate would soar since the subjects are defenseless. There would be many poor people, and due to this, prostitution is widespread. Not a pretty picture, is it?<p>[This message has been edited by big hunter (edited February 24, 2001).]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
GB1

red Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Big Hunter, I think it would be very much like Washington D.C.<P>red<P><p>[This message has been edited by red (edited February 24, 2001).]

The safest way to make laws respected is to make them respectable.

Bastiat
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What a great question bug hunter. I am looking forward to seeing the replies<BR> Toons<P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Bug hunter, huh? I like that name. [Linked Image] Good day to you, too, Toons. [Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think that is BIG bug Hunter.<P>I think drugs would be even more out of control, and roberies of convenient marts would sky rocket.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Crime would run rampant in the streets.The black market,illegal drugs and prostitution would soar.I also think like big hunter had said that there would be alot of poverty and probaly eventually military rule.The reference made in comparing it to Washington,DC was a good one.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been to Kalifornia or Taxachusettes lately?<P>Unfortunately, I can see this Amerika not too far off.<P>We have all been conditioned into thinking we live in a free society. Do free people have 50% of their wages taken from them in taxes? Our forefather rebelled for 1/10th the tax rate as this. Do free people pay tribute at the end of a gun, for fear of encarseration? Why are more people encarerated in Amerika, than the rest of the nations of the world combined? We are an elitist society, and the uneducated masses and welfare recipients will continue to "elect" (fraudulently) the elitists that enslave the rest of us.<BR>Perhaps William Shakespear said it best. "When one sets out to solve the ills of society, he must begin by killing all the lawyers"<BR>And how long ago was that? Nothing is new under the sun.<P>------------------<BR>Lest not we forget, America is a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, spread your knowledge, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Don't forget about the wild animals eating our food supply and attacking our persons. They couldn't be controlled, unless the army took over "game management".

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
In stead of people of other countries wanting to come here, you would find many Americans wanting to find a better place to live. I think life here as we know would deminish much more than anyone here could posibly imagine.<P>------------------<BR>Beware the one-gun man.

Beware the one-gun man.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
See Nazi Germany 1939.

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I'm a new member, I'm enjoying this site, and hope I don't sound like a smart-ass, but I feel personally obligated to respond to this question as follows:<P><BR> WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET !<P><BR>Please don't take this as a personal flame, as I'm sure we're all on the same side here, but I feel that threads like these tend to perpetuate the illusion that, at least for the time being, we freedom loving gun owners have the situation under control. WE DO NOT!<P><BR>This IS (IS) an America where guns have been banned!<P><BR>I believe that the 2nd Amendment was intended to ensure that every American citizen have legal access to arms equal in effectiveness to those arms that might be used against him by an agent of a tyrannical government. To interpret it otherwise would infer that the oppressor is ENTITLED to a decisive advantage in firepower.<P><BR>O.K., we still have SEMI-autos with 40-round clips! Then....... O.K., we still have semi-autos with 10-round clips! Then...... O.K., we still have semi-autos with 5-round clips! Then.......O.K., we still have lever actions with long tubular magazines! Then........ O.K., we still have our Hawkens! <P><BR>Do you see my point? We have already lost the most pertinent battles of this war, and lately, the enemy has been bombing our supply lines (the gun manufacturers). I occasionally see internet forum posts that criticize the Aussies, British, Germans, etc. for not having the brains or guts to fight for their gun rights ...... as if to say that they are just natural-born losers, not to be confused with your average free-thinking, courageous American who simply will not be similarly tread upon. We shouldn't be so quick to flatter ourselves. Face it...... we're all losers, only to varying degrees at this particular point in time. (How dare I ....!) <P><BR>"For us there is but one task, to live free or die. No government can stand against an armed population so motivated." I love those words from Thomas Jefferson, as you do. But an armed citizen acting alone against a S.W.A.T. team smashing in the door of his humble abode, I'm fairly sure, would not have been Jefferson's recommended recipe for keeping a tyrannical government at bay. Until we are willing to physically assist the victims of such attacks, putting our comfortable lifestyles at risk in the process, I fear that we will continue to be more subjects than citizens. This is a terrifying thought, one that I certainly hope can be avoided. If we console ourselves with the popular notion that unjust gun bans don't matter ...."I'll still have mine and they'll have to pry it from my cold..........", then the most we can expect to accomplish is to die a free man. What about the living that you leave behind?<P>Don't ever be content to live with "moderate" gun bans. They don't exist.<BR>Rant over, flame on. I probably am deserving of some of it.... never claimed to be an intellectual.<BR>

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
big hunter,<P>I was just checking out some other posts and saw your age mentioned. You are obviously very mature for your age, and a good thinker. I was probably a bit out of line, considering, and I apologize. We could sure use more young people like you around.<P>L.C.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
That's quite alright LC. No offense taken in any way. You are right. The second amendment is there to balance between the government and citizens, and it is way out of whack. I also notice the "shall not be infringed" at the end. It has already been infringed upon. Our rights are slipping out from under our nose, and they have the gall to call it 'common-sense gun control.' COmmon-sense gun control is NO gun control. <BR> I did meant totally banned, but as far as the purpose of the second amendment goes, they may as well have been.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by big hunter:<BR><B> First, I'd like to see what America would be like without the right ot bear arms. ).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Well you could count on at least 50% of America's 80,000,000 gun owners going crazy from the stress built up from not being able to shot there gun of choice . Thus filling our mental health facilities , and leaveing the real wackos to run the streets .<P>You could also count on crime going up <BR>(I figger any ware from 200%-400%) drug dealer would run ramped , and rapes would be any every day thing "like there not already"<P>Going deeper into the my mind into the "things that <B>Could</B> happen section"<P>We could be invaded by another country .<BR>Knowing that the American public is <B>Not</B> armed may make other countries think we are an easy target .<P>Are government may go "haywire" or or something , and next thing you know we find are selves prisoners in our own homes , towns , and cites . "sorry I lost my place" , "I was watching the black chopper out side my house" [Linked Image]<P>Any number of thing could happen if we are forced to give up our guns !<P>It didn't work for England , why would it work for us ?<P>Sure England's rate of shooting has gone down , but the rate of crime it self has gone up over 300% since there gun laws started .<P>Also in England 1 in every 5 men has been raped or has had a rape attempt mad on them by other <B>Men</B> !!!<BR>"If that alone is not reason enough to carry a gun I don't know what is"<P>All in all I think that banning any or all firearms in America would generally worsen the life of all American citizens in one way or another . <P><BR>Just my $00.02<P>Regards: Treeratkiller<BR>

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
treeratkiller,you lost me on that "rape in England" thing.Where did you get that?I realize that British men are the butt(sorry) of alot of gay jokes,but I can't see a 20% sigmoid straitening ratio.Even the Brits would complain!!<P>------------------<BR>Don't do drugs...unless you have enough for everyone.

If you can't go hard....go heavy.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Sorry I meant 1.5% "silly me" , and I am not even sure if it is correct . "It was in a thread on AR15.com" (that I can't seem to find) . If I remember right they said they got the estimate from gunssavelife.com , but again I am not sure .<P>Any one from England that could tell us ? "sorry ....I am really gonna get flamed by the English members now " [Linked Image]<P>If my information is incorrect please forgive me . If it is not ..... [Linked Image]<P>regards: Treeratkiller<p>[This message has been edited by treeratkiller (edited March 02, 2001).]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (21, 257Bob, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 60 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,382
Posts18,527,587
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.