Print Thread
Hop To
B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
OK, I finally got my top punch for my Lyman 450 and my sizing die, and my M expander die. I think I got it put together correctly but have one question...<P>With the Lyman 450 I got this part that is called a gas check seater. There are no instructions (like with the rest of the press) on how to use it or where it goes on the press. HELP!

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Blammer, I have two Lyman machines. One without the gas check seater and one with. I couldn't figure out how to use that little piece of tin either, and I've been seriously loading gas check bullets for thirty years. What I did was put the gas check seater away in a very safe place. I stick the gas check on the base of the bullet (nice and straight) and size the bullet. Sizing the bullet will install the gas check. If the gas check is loose on the base of the bullet and tends to fall off, push the bottom punch down slightly with the top punch (no bullet). Then set the gascheck in the die and then size the bullet. You will then be doing it the way we all did before the gas check seater was invented. Without the gas check seater I manage to get enough 1"-2" groups at 100 yards to be interesting. Hope this helps, curmudgeon

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yea, thanks, I was going crazy trying to figure it out! Glad to see I am not the only one who can't figure out the "obvious". LOL!<P>I seated, lubed and sized 5 bullets last night, and loaded them up. Was gonna go to the range to see how they do, but the truck had to go to the shop, tranny going out or something. No truck, no shooting, can't take the 66 Mustang in the mud...

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,458 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,681
Posts18,493,892
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.