Print Thread
Hop To
S
Snook Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
After searching, comparing, and saving I finally decided on a 50 BMG upper. She arrived today and I am ecstatic. Its awesome. I bought the Ultralite50 Upper from www.Ultralite50.com with the 22 inch barrel. What a beautiful rifle. It took all of 3-4 minutes to change over my AR-15 lower and she fit like a glove.

I am a machinist by trade and am very impressed with its fit, and finish. Beautiful parkerizing and anodizing. Everything is better than I had hoped. Of course as always there is one negative that in fairness I must admit. I was so pleased I met several of my buddies after work to show it off, and we all decided to head to range tomorrow afternoon after work. Negative point is I bet that none of them bring a single round to shoot and my supply will dwindle rapidly with this bunch......Argggggg!!!

Was so excited I didn't take any pics yet but will ASAP and post some. This thing is awesome!!!!

Snook

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Can't wait to see the range report/pics!!! smile

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
M
M
I want a 50 Cal. and from the looks of the one at http://www.Ultralite50.com website it looks like a nice design. I registered for their forums so I can see what others are saying. There are some great Testimonials it their Forums. I am looking forward to snooks photos and report.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Friggin amazing!

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Did anybody navigate to the link and watch the clip of the guy shooting it offhand? All I can say is "ow". grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Always wondered how they would work from years ago when I first saw them out.
I decided to buy the whole gun when I dove in... Not sure if that was right or not but for some reason I figured I'd just buy an armalite AR50 as it was on sale...
Let us know how it works out.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Snook Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
What kind of accuracy can you expect out of these???

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Snook Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
All reports I have heard are MOA or under with Match Ammo. Mine had scope problem today so I can't say...but looks good so far. Was hitting very well before scope shift due to crappy rings.

Snook

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
for blastin get a peep on it!

smile

Bleeaaaaaa!
IC B3

M
M
A friend told me that he uses 4 rings. Is that possible? May be an answer to scope slipping? I went to www.ultralite50.com and they have a questions forum. Perhaps you could get recommendation direct from them?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"ve seen 3-4 rings on hard kickers before. I think if you get something stout like Badgers, you'll be ok. I have badgers on my Armalite. Of course its tough to pay 200 bucks for a set of rings, but they were worth it so far.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Snook Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
RANGE REPORT

Recoil was very manageable. I would say its much more of a "push" than a kick. I would say its close to my 3-1/2" 12 Ga Turkey gun. Reason i went with the 22 inch barrel is the portability, also I plan on using this rifle at shorter ranges. I am planning on buying the 29" also now that I have "checked out the 22". I love this gun. It is awesome.

Accuracy was good. I was using an SR-1 reduced 200 meter target at 100 yards. I mounted my scope (inexpensive one) and local gunsmith only had "normal" weaver rings. I was "itching" to try it out so I decided to order better rings (Burris Xtreme 6 screw) and I went ahead and mounted scope on cheap rings and headed out.

I started at 50 with bore sighting and got it in. Then I moved to 100 yards and adjusted first shot. Second and third shots were a clean 10 and a cut 10. No 10x but didn't get to try again as scope moved 1/4" in rings and shots went up 6" on next two rounds. Windage remained true but the elevation steadily moved with scope. No sense wasting more ammo until I re-mount scope with new rings.

I am confident the upper will hold MOA or better, only doubt I have is if "I" can hold MOA or better. The upper seems very accurate and once i get a few more rounds down range she'll hold and hit where I point her.......to that I am confident.

Snook

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Get that thing out and stretch its legs. First 50 I ever fired we ended up at basically a mile, and once zero'd shot a 3 shot 8 inch group in the wind.

100 yards isn't fair to those guns and won't tell you much about real life ammo/accuracy.

Jeff

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I fired one of these at a machine gun shoot and I agree it is a lot like a magnum turkey shotgun. Maybe a bit louder! grin
We were shooting at old toilets and old sinks out in a cow pasture. I'm sure I hit something but I couldn't tell you what for sure. The muzzle blast was worse than the recoil.
The one I shot has a long thread and loading was pretty slow for an AR-15! Someone was up late at night to dream this one up!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
put a "can" on it and make it a pleasure to shoot. Greatly reduced muzzle blast, greatly reduced sound signature and a great recoil reducer to boot.

S
Snook Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
"cans" aren't cheap.can't afford one...maybe one day. Right now I just want a supply of ammo. Plus for me the recoil is very manageable and I like the "blast"......it stops the range everytime....hehehe

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The blast from my armalite will eventually give you a big headache.... Shooting it off a backpack prone seems to help.. You won't like all htat blast all that long... the newness of the toy wears off.

Time to buy a press and dies..... I should too.....

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have an ALS upper I am looking at possibly getting.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.