OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
frown mad

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If you are ashamed of Canada - I suggest you leave. I'm DAMN PROUD of it!!!

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Still the greatest country to live in (to me and with no disrespect to others)

Lorne

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BCBrian

You're proud of a country that honours the killing of the unborn?

There are third world countries that kill it's own undesirables.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The MAJORITY of Canadians believe a woman should have the right to an abortion - if she should so choose.

If you take men out of that vote (and I would) - it becomes an OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Canadian women - believe in that right.

Most women I know, don't consider a blastocyst or a zygote a human being. But - if they do (say, your daughter or wife) - then she, and she alone should do as her conscience dictates.

No one should decide the morality of another person - on a matter with such a broad spectrum of popular opinion.

"Big Government" should stay far, far away of any discussion and decision mutually agreed upon, by a woman and her doctor - lest we become a police state.

I'm proud of Canada's decision to honour a man who fought for the rights of women to get - what THEY feel - THEY need.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Its the murder of innocent unborn children , that article is absolutely disgusting and we call ourselves a civilized society and other nations third world , funny.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whoop-de-doo, here we go again. Another thread that will deteriorate into a discussion of religious preferences.

According to the news at 6 p.m. (about l hour ago here) Dr. Morgentaler was awarded the Order of Canada.

I am sure if I was to review the entire list of persons who have previously been given this award I could find reasons to personally not approve of some of them. Does this mean they do not deserve them? Maybe yes, maybe no.

This looks like it could turn into one of the 10 page threads that will not resolve anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brian,
I have always appreciated your words, so don't take this personally...

On such a delicate topic, I would be very careful just how forceful I was with my opinion. These are my beliefs, and IMO, they are just as correct and valid as anyone elses...
Yes, while women and men together should choose how they raise their family (BOTH of them created the child, so why should only one of them have the right to determine it's life or death), they don't have the moral right to decide who lives and who dies within their family. Is it wrong to say that there is no difference between an newborn baby and one that is unborn, other than a separation of a few hours, and perhaps living quarters? If that's the case, then why should abortion be acceptable, yet the homicide of a newborn baby is one of the worst publicly-agreed upon crimes known to man. I see no difference.

I will subject, however, that there are some cases in which an abortion may be necessary and acceptable to many people. Those are:
- Where the baby is a threat to the health of the mother.
- The baby was conceived by means of rape.
- The baby has such physical defects that it is projected by health professionals that the baby won't live long after birth.

Just my opinion, YMMV (and probably does).

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I respect the rights of everyone on this list to have a differing opinion than I do - on this topic.

I would also respect the right of everyone on this list to act on this matter - if it should occur in their own family - however they might believe is right.

I hope that those who differ from my own opinion - can respect my right to having a different opinion - just as I, respect their right to a different opinion and a different course of action if they should feel that what their doing - is right.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well spoken Jordan , isnt it ironic that good ole Canada considers capital punishment inhumane yet we proudly march Morgentaler around like he is some kind of national war hero , no wonder people have become disillusioned with where the country is headed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I respect the rights of everyone on this list to have a differing opinion than I do - on this topic.

I would also respect the everyone on this list to act on this matter - if it should occur in their own family - however they might.

I hope that those who differ from my own opinion - can respect my right to having a different opinion - as I respect their right to a different opinion.

I definitely respect your right to have your own opinion, whatever it may be. In fact, in a discussion such as this one, mutual respect is paramount.
All I am saying, is that we need to be careful where we draw the line between the "mind-your-own-business" mentality, and the "that's against the law, time for public intervention" mentality.
I understand your point of view, and I believe that the real issue here is a difference of opinion regarding the point at which a human being is considered alive and "human." I doubt very much that there would be a discrepancy between most Canadians regarding the moral "wrongness" of a mother killing her 5 year-old child. I doubt that you would suggest that it's the mothers choice and nobody else's in that scenario. The problem is that some people consider an unborn baby non-living, and others (like myself) consider it very much alive, and co-equal to the 5 year-old with regards to their right to life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by redmtn
Well spoken Jordan , isnt it ironic that good ole Canada considers capital punishment inhumane yet we proudly march Morgentaler around like he is some kind of national war hero , no wonder people become disillusioned where the country is headed.

Very true. Isn't it ironic that most of the babies killed during abortions would have lived on to be upstanding contributors to society, yet are freely slaughtered. while those who truly deserve death (based on the way in which they have treated others) are allowed to live on, and many of these people become repeat offenders.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well, I AM a patriot. Canada is the best country in the world, and if I thought it wasn't, I WOULD LEAVE. Doesn't mean to say that we suck up all the sewage that comes out of the government. We have the right to object . . . so far.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Most women I know, don't consider a blastocyst or a zygote a human being.

Makes it easier to justify when it's not "human" and killing another human is wrong. Isn't it?

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
If that's the case, then why should abortion be acceptable, yet the homicide of a newborn baby is one of the worst publicly-agreed upon crimes known to man. I see no difference.

That's why all the controversy. MOST folk don't see the difference either.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am proud to be Canadian , is it the best country in the world to live ? not sure as havnt lived anywhere else but im not going to allow abunch of feminist baby killers and homo lovers run me out of this place or influence my way of thinking.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
ever wonder why Canada and all other western nation's have such low birth rates, and require so many immigrants?

It's because of the use of abortions . Just the way the Feminazi's planned it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Are you proud of EVERYTHING that pertains to Canada and being Canadian? I doubt it very much. Are you leaving?

There is much in Canada that I am proud of and I do appreciate. Why should I be asked to leave for having an opinion?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a few things about Canada that I am ashamed of (bill C-68 for example), but as a whole, I am proud to be Canadian.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'd like to apologize for the stridency of my post - it wasn't intended the way it sounded.

It's that on Canada day - to hear of "shame" due to a decision that MOST Canadians happen to agree with - struck me as "bad timing".

I DO NOT agree with the "love it or leave it" message I wrongfully portrayed. I've always disagreed with that sentiment.

I'm all for people working to change laws (peacefully) that they disagree with.

I disagree with many on the abortion issue. I respect the rights of others to disagree. That's why I'm pro-CHOICE.

On a matter so important - and on which logical, rational and intelligent people can have so many differing opinions - I'll always respect the rights of other who feel differently than I do.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 35, 44mc, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 11 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,996
Posts18,481,160
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.