Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ziggy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

What would be some of the most difficult rifle brands to find in Canada? It could be US or European companies. And what makes it more difficult to obtain? And is there a certain brand of rifle you would like to see more available?

Last edited by Ziggy; 05/26/08. Reason: forgot to add something
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Heck I'd just be happy to see any of the new stuff 6 months or less from retail intorduction in the States.
NULA would be nice to see up here.'

Just remember.
You cant have SLAUGHTER,
without LAUGHTER
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
At one time I had a hankering for a CZ Model 3. Alas, it was not available in Canada. Lazzeronis are hard to come by. All that I have seen were custom jobs or Sakos. Don't recall Dakotas being very common, at least in the north. Portsider is correct that NULAs are not seen here.

Where did you say we are going? And why are we in this handbasket?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All the major manufacturers are available here if a person looks a bit, the main complaint that I have is lack of access to some of the smaller custom shop makers, such as Jarrett, or Dakota, etc.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I know Melvin Forbes has exported NULA rifles for sale, so at least he knows how to do it. You would still have to order your rifle from him and wait for six months (or whatever the wait of the day is). Of course you could take pot luck and buy a used rifle and have that exported if you "need" a NULA. I figure to take mine to Alberta this year to chase the wily deer.

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The high end is missing here. I have not a clue about how to acquire a top end bench gun, or a top end big bore hunting rifle. I haven't seen .375 H&H brass in at least two years. If one has a full blown Nitro Express double, I don't know how you would feed it. Try and order anything as exotic as .458 Lott dies with a spare seating die(a separate die for the soft and one for the solid) and it takes years (Wholesale Sports in Edmonton, order placed June 2006 and still counting).It took two weeks from Huntington's.

You boys in the States don't know what you have. Do not allow yourselves to let things descend to what we have here in Canada. Once it is gone it will not return. The Anti's will see to it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was looking at the Schultz and Larsen rifles from Denmark a few weeks ago. They chamber the 358 Norma Mag even in a left handed version according to their website. Looks like they make high quality rifles but they don't list a Canadian importer. Since you can find used rifles here someone obviously imported them at one time.

Gerry.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Chatting with a guy at the range , was informed there was a 6 month wait to get a Kimber from the States , i jumped and grabbed the last 308 at Wholesale as i figured as much.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If anybody wants a Dakota or any of the other brands they make, I can get them the info on the dealer here in Canada. I know he has an order going in for five right away. They take about six months, depending on exactly what you might want, of course.

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For Sako, I think Stoeger might be the problem. I e-mail them periodically inquiring about the 9.3x66Sako and 3006Finnlight ( I found a finnlight at a dealer in Edmonton so i have it now) and the story is the same all over , these dealers have customers but little product to offer, Stoeger says next shipment over and over, they don't reply to e-mail anymore, and i was making friendly inquiry. The importer says that Sako does not carry any inventory, they just respond to orders. I am sure they must have made a few 9.3's in the past 9 months. Can anyone give me any insight on this, especially in this day and age when anything can be shipped anywhere almost over night!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if it has something to do with the name change to 370 Sako Magnum for North America. I guess we will see what is stamped on the barrel when you finally get the gun.

Gerry.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
if you need reloading tools, order them from Lock Stock n Barrel or Midsouth. They are way cheaper and faster than any Canadian dealer.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
All I want is a Ruger MK 11 SS All weather with back stock in 222 cal. Found a couple in the States, nil in Canada and no body really interested in bringing in!

O well

Larry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leisure Time Sports in the CO-OP mall in North Battleford had Rugers on the rack in SS but I did not note the cal's. They also had a fair selection of Remington's, Tikka's and Sako's.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SakoAlberta.
Any idea as to when we could see a new Deluxe version hitting the shelves here in Alberta?
I still whimper at night over selling my 22-250 Deluxe 25 years ago at Bud Haynes.

I like it here. They let me swear.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No, but if there is something you wanted , we can always get it for you in the US. Just takes a while to get it imported.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[quote=Portsider284]Heck I'd just be happy to see any of the new stuff 6 months or less from retail intorduction in the States.

Ya no [bleep]!!
Been waiting for a X bolt hunter to arrive now for over 4 mths and now they say there back order till Jan mad What the hell?
So much for Browning being an international company, if they had it their way nothing would leave the states! confused

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SakoAlberta
No, but if there is something you wanted , we can always get it for you in the US. Just takes a while to get it imported.

Well,a shiney new Deluxe in 25-06 will go a long ways toward dulling the pain.
I'll stop in for a chat.

I like it here. They let me swear.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL, well, just say the word, its amazing what one can find in the US sometimes! Even if you wanted to find one similiar to the one you traded, its just a matter of time and we can likely find something close.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Are there any decent rifle manufacturers located in Canada?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,969
Posts18,480,645
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.