-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I found a pound of this way in the back of my powder locker... it's been there for quite a while, I think as it was only priced @ $15.

But I'm trying to work up accurate loads for 43 Dutch Beaumont & was ready for a different powder anyway.

Anyone have comments on this powder? Not as hot as 777? Good accuracy results?

I also found about a half pound of shokeys gold, but I am really soured on that stuff... too fine and it clung to the dipper & funnel when loading some 43 Mauser. I would be afraid to try the stuff in a BP revolver for fear of a chain fire. SW

Darkness is all around us and enemy are just beyond the perimeter.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You getting that beaumont ready for the Sagebrush shoot next month?

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
No - never heard of such a thing. I don't get out much, though. I work in Wyo everyday - including when other folks are having fun shooting on the weekend.

Since there's little in the way of published data, I'm working up accuracy loads for this & a couple other obscure Euro calibers. Keeps me out of the bars! ;^)

Not much to report on 43 Dutch until I get the right size bullet mold I just ordered.

I have noticed 250 grain .454 pistol bullets group well enough in 43 Dutch the idea is worth pursuing. Like Wile E. Coyote, it's back to the drawing board to test a couple powders that way.

Clean Shot seems to be an obscure powder... no replies. Well, that's okay. I'll jump in & see what happens with it. SW

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where abouts do you work in Wyoming everyday? I've got some bullets cast up from the rcbs mold for that thing, and also have a paper patch mold that throws bullets that should work mighty fine in it, if rolled in some 9lb paper.Could maybe get you some there next week?
Clear Shot was Goex's first attempt at fake powder, didn't really do real well.Has since been replaced by Pinnacle. Just use it volume for black.

Figured most folks were familiar with the big shoots at Alliance.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am lowly RR scum and take trains to & from the mines between Bill & Gillette. I used to shoot a lot at Alliance... Antioch, actually. That was IHMSA. After that died out, my bro & I used to do the action shooting thing at the Alliance airport range.

I've heard they still do cowboy shoots, but I just can't get into the costume part of it. Dress up to shoot? Nah.

I haven't shot competitively for several years now. I really miss shooting silhouettes. SW

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't know what they do about the dress up squib shooters.
I'm talking about the BPCR , long range and buffalo matches held at the Hoffland range. Shooting steel gongs from 225 to 1000 yds with single shot or lever action rifles.
Well if you had of been going to Torrington or Guernsey , I could of made arrangements to get you some of these bullets I have.

www.historicshooting.com
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Clean Shot is now American Pioneer Powder - load data should be the same. Maybe you can extrapolate something of use from their brief charts http://www.americanpioneerpowder.com/loading.html

WHUT?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The major difference between Shockeys Gold, Amer Pioneer and Clean Shot is the label on the jar.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

299 members (1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 38 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,500
Posts18,490,477
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.