Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Howdy everyone-

Was sorting out many old posts, couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Which company out there would you folks recommend to do some cerakote work for me. I know some sponsors of this site are involved.

THANKS!

Bob

HR IC

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have heard others say CAS on this site does it and does a good job. If I were going to ship the rifle off to have it done I would give him a first look.

I went to the local Gander Mountain and had them do it. They did a good job, looks great etc and they were cheap and I didn't have to box it or deal with the shipping BS.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug at Ultracoatings www.ultracoatingsinc.com is my only choice for Cerakote. He was involved in getting CeraKote to market, and has been doing it longer than anybody.

Also, he applies CeraKote under contract for a LOT of major manufacturers' factory firearms. He doesn't get those contracts by accident. He does mondo CeraKoting daily, and has long ago worked out all the kinks.

His work is routinely stellar. (He has done a half-dozen rifles for me, and ALL have been dead-nutz perfect). He's a real pro.

While you're there, you might ask him about Ultra Bore Coatings. Our own John Barsness has written about his opinion of UBC both here and in print. I would run a search and see what John has to say.

UBC was Doug's doing too.

Doug is acknowledged as "the best" at this craft across the industry.

He's "the" pro at CeraKote application.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CAS. charlie does good work.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Commercial Powder Coating did a wonderful job on my Nosler Model 48. I used them to powder coat the rings and bases to match the barrled action. They do all of the Nosler rifles. Good people. 1-866-367-8585 or www.compowder.com.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another vote for a great job by Doug.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by COONBUTT
Commercial Powder Coating did a wonderful job on my Nosler Model 48. I used them to powder coat the rings and bases to match the barrled action. They do all of the Nosler rifles. Good people. 1-866-367-8585 or www.compowder.com.

I thought Doug did the cerakote on the Nosler rifles?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We coated all the prototype M-48 and trained Bill Wiesmens guy to apply CeraKote to the Nosler Custom rifles.Due fuel read shipping cost Nosler has kept there coating in OR.High shipping cost have T/C getting there coatings within a one day ship.Kind of a blessing as we are the only facility in the state certified to coat for the aerospace industry.So on top of firearms we coat for the airplane foctories in Wichita,Ks.mainly throtle parts.

Doug Burche
Gun coating with Dyna Coat and CeraKote
Dyna Bore Coat,Because barrel cleaning SUCKS.
www.dynamicfinishes.com
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I wouldn't have anyone but Doug coat my firearms......

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had Doug do some cerakote for me and it turned out great.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 21, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,379
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.