Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 46 of 1,842 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you want some patina, I could send my kids up your way. I have more patina on my friggin' carpet than most antique dealers could shake a stick at.

That is a good point though. If it is just plywood, there is no whineing if you spill a little chille on the floor. Now if you spill a High Life on the floor... there will be some whining, and some patina.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
craig, I do miss this one large blood stain on the dirty plywood floor of our old shack before we did a second layer sandwiching styrofoam & painting the top surface. Can't remember for sure but I'm thinking it may have been from a deer heart i cam tromping in with one year long ago. grin

That kind of patina?

Also, Tom, do you realize you just made the 900th post on this thread???!!!!

Holy smokes!

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you didn't love it, you just didn't give it enough time.

That's the stuff of super patina.

Craig

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I saw the page change but it didn't occur to me that it was 900. Wow. Hell another week or two and she'll be at 1000. Pretty impressive.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hear tell that Robot Girl drippings make a heck of a patina ...

GE

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

An adventurous pair of Marine brothers who happen to be hunting friends of mine left a vehicle parked at my house today. The two are going to float straight through no stopping in a canoe on the Mighty Mo. river from Kansas City to Booneville, Mo. They start at first light tomorrow.

They are the type of guys with no quit in them and I'm Proud to call them friends, they reminded me of you and the boy in more ways then one. I'll be driving down to pick them up on Sunday one of them drove from Toledo, OH to do this while the other lives in K.C. they intend to make this an annual event. I didn't know about this soon enough or I'd have joined them, but it is exciting none the less to be part of thier lives too. You Marine guys sure do know how to live!!! Just had to share. wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
semper fi to your buddies wabster.

GE these roboto's, mini kegs? what kind of beer (like it matters)

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
GE these roboto's, mini kegs? what kind of beer (like it matters)

grin

Heineken.

Robot Girl: From those clearly disturbing yet vaguely erotic TV ads with the Robot chick with the keg in her mid section.

If Craig's pouring: Foamy Heineken (And foamy beer IS foamy beer and you are correct - it DOES NOT matter at that point).

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mmmmmm. Patina. I think I just named my next dog.

Craig

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, I think we have established some extreme points of individual interest this week.

Seems GE really has a thing for those little Heineken kegs, Craig seems to really be into Patina lately, Dpole woke up when he heard mention of Crappie fishing....

Note to self, these things could be used to lure these folks in like a buck to a grunt tube. Toss some crappie in the little pond next to the shack for Dpole, put a few mini heini kegs inside the shack for GE, And i've got plenty of patina for craig. My old yellow 1970 F250 plow truck is patina'd all to hell.

Heck, just this morning I cleaned up, straightened & rebuilt a coleman lantern that got sucked up & spit out of a tornado in Waroad MN in 2006, that's thing's got some extreme patina earned the hard way!!

We know we need to find a new "Swish suit" for grogel, maybe put a nice toad in the pocket of the suit for him.

Tzone Tom could be lured in with some youpers music & some old FoMoCo parts.

Rooster, heck he don't need no bait, but a few can's of his fav brew (cold & free) would speed his travel time.

We could tell Wabster about the huge waterfowl pond just north of camp.

We could saw the barrel off anything quarter borish for Dober & he'd come running grin

I'm not sure what to do about big Drift, was thinking maybe set up a hammock for him in a silent peaceful stand of cedars. But he might have to fight Stan for the hammock.

Gotta run to town to pick up a new globe for this tornado tested coleman lantern.

cool, windy, crappy day, not sure if we'll get out to the deer camp tonight or not.

We'll just see which way the wind blows us I guess.

Dave

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
hey jim.. my dad and the wood spirit are becoming VERY good friends.

dad is getting the wood spirit drunk and telling him about the big fork toed buck he wants to shoot this year.
[Linked Image]

dad figures hes got this one in the bag with the luck of the wood spirit on his side!
[Linked Image]

shameless isnt he?

WEEZY grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well guys, I got 2 words for ya. Check-mate!

Game frickin over!!

Me & the wood spirit hit it off just great, he's passed out on the couch (lightweight) but he said he's got my back this year.

Ole forky toes is going down!!

Jim, thanks again so much for the powerful luck of the wood spirit, I assume I am using the wood spirit correctly?

There were no instructions so...

Yeah I must be doing it right.

grin

Dave

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
OMIGOSH,how'd you know I was a hammock fancier?I had one on the porch of my little place and used to take frequent stops there for inspection of my inner eyelids.I still have that hammock.
Not fishing for congrats in any way just making a statement of fact.Today I am 67 years old.I felt like I started out the day right by coming here first.
Last night my sister from Alabama and my daughter who lives nearby and my gradndaughter came for supper and brought me a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.They were fresh back from a week at the beach.We are all having breakfast this morning.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Happy birthday Stan!!
Wooooo!!!

oh, not so loud, wood spirit has a head ache this morning grin

i better get him some more coffee.

We'll keep a hammock hangin out there for ya Stan, can't promise we can keep it empty for you but if you should ever happen to show up at camp it will be vacated immediately !!

You have a great day with the girls!!!

Happy Birthday!!!

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mrs ND checking in once again.
I have to say its been awhile but I've kept up on all the goings on at the "camp".
Jim- I don't know if I should be nervous, jealous or thankful. smile Dave seems to be spending a lot of time with the wood spirit lately and there's quite the proof with the pics above. Well I guess if it brings us some luck this year, he can even sleep with it...I'll take the couch. A wife's gotta do, what a wife's gotta do!
I'd take some luck deer hunting. Hoping one will wonder over by my stand, and if only I get a shot, well that's a shot I haven't had in quite awhile. Just the feeling one gets when you see one coming into range, the heart gets beating, the mouth starts to water, your breathing changes, you don't want to move too quickly as to not to spook the deer. Oh I can't wait.
I have to comment a little on the BWCA trip recently taken. Everything came back from the trip Dave and I took 13 yrs ago...the smells, the quietness, the peacefulness, the relaxation, and yes, the gruel of paddling, portaging and being very exhausted. The time spent with our oldest two kids, Dave, and the "boy, girl, and sprout" is undeniably something that has left an imprint on my memory and my heart for the rest of my life as long as that may be. I hope that the trip we just took will become a ritual for us all, taking even the same trip or maybe changing locations, but simply doing a trip together every year. Dave and I love those kids as if they are our own, and any hour, minute, second is certainly welcome whenever that time may be.
Well now the time has come to "add" onto the cabin. We need to get moving on that project so it can be complete for this upcoming hunting season. A sauna would be nice to have out there as well as the "bs" room that we've been talking on adding too. I guess it all takes time but is certainly fun doing.
I'm sure Dave will keep you all posted when the construction starts, and will post pics.
I'd better sign off since this is way, way too long now. Keep up the posts and views, I think this thread is simply the best (I may be a bit prejudice too tho). With all the support and words from all, it has helped carry us threw a rough time and yet a memorable time in our lives.
Oh- Happy Bday Stan!
Until next time- Mrs. ND

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, it stopped raining. We're thinking we'll haul old woody the wood spirit out to deer camp today and check things over out there, bring the chainsaw along as there will likely be trees down over the road with the high winds we've had.

We'll write down a materials list for the sauna & "BS room" Pam talked about above. And maybe we'll bring the wheeler & dirt bikes so the kids can do some riding.

I'll take a look at a pile of salvaged treated lumber & posts I have out there & maybe we can come up with a plan for a deer stand or 2 out in the tamarack swamp, deer cross there a lot & we have no stands out there.

Maybe we'll bring the camera.

Later.

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dpole woke up when he heard mention of Crappie fishing....

On my knees with a fork and a salt shaker!

Its a good thing that woody spirit don't got boobs. The mrs might never see Dave again.

There are many copies.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mrs,
Could you have Dave Rhino-line the "bs" room for me to stay in? I'd probably break something if you let me in the main cabin.

There are many copies.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still lovin' this thread grin
And a post from Weezy , and Mrs Northern Dave to top it off , how cool is that !!!

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll just wait for someone to tell me "that's enough"

Don't hold you're breath! It's a constant, friendly reminder that fall is coming and that the companionship is more important than the venison on the pole and that there is always time to slow down and return to our roots. cool

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 46 of 1,842 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 1234, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.