Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick
Wadded panties do not wear well on you it seems. Simple point I guess needs explaining to the dense.

Many more FFL holders refuse to enter the program for the same reason. I am not alone. They are doing exactly what they set out to do.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
And who exactly are these "many more FFL's" that are following your lead?

Trust me...losing you from the group ain't gonna hurt me or any other FFL holder in the state in the least...and it doesn't effect me or my customers at all since they do not need an FFL, nor are they required to notify the CA DOJ, to send me their weapons nor do I need to use another FFL holder, or notify the CA DOJ, to return them.

Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
Sara Brady must be laughing her fat a$$ off. Here we have a group of honest FFL holders arguing about how to abide by the laws.

Meanwhile, on the streets of L.A. the hoodlums couldn't care less about any of the rules you guys have to play by.

Amazing!

R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Exactly. smile

And while the state is worrying about guns coming into California the feds are worried about guns leaving California and going into Mexico.

Does the term Keystone Cops ring a bell?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick
So how is that "Giving up on rational thought" thing working for you?

Have seen in more than one place, including here, where FFL holders said they would not be enrolling in the CA program. Bigger point being the incrimental loss of access... So just hang on there in Eden with all those rights...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
We'll see how long that lasts when an FFL from California calls them up with a big order to fill. smile

I heard the same thing years ago when California passed a law requiring certain features and tests on all semi-auto handguns that could be sold in the state. Everyone manufacturing handguns screamed to high heaven and said they would just stop selling their guns in California...and that lasted until the first order was placed.

There are probably more firearms purchased in one day in California (and that is only counting the legal ones smile ) than Alaska buys in a year...and businesses are in business to make money.

This is nothing but stupid politicians flexing their supposed muscles...and people over-reacting to it because it's something new. If and when it becomes apparent that it is costing the state money in lost sales taxes, business income taxes, and processing fees this law will fade away pretty rapidly.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RickB
Originally Posted by Redneck
I know the statute.. It describes transfers of handguns to buyers.. Yes, there's a 48 hour waiting period.. That does NOT apply to FFL holders. Read specifically: 175.35(2t)(b)

As a named licenseholder, I can transfer to myself with no 4473, no WI state check nor any waiting period..

Sorry, brother...but I believe you are misinterpreting the wording of that section. That section concerns business transfers between FFL dealers...NOT FFL dealers taking a firearm in their business inventory and transferring it to their private collection.

You (Redneck the private citizen) and your FFL licensed business are not the same entities as far as either federal or state gun laws are concerned. Whenever a firearm in your FFL business inventory is transfered that transfer is subject to ALL applicable state and federal laws.

Nope. Not according to the BATF. Here's an example: (insert name here) takes a firearm from inventory for his own personal firearm. Since this is a disposition to the licensee, a form 4473 is not necessary. But it must be removed from the business premises OR be identified as not part of the business inventory..

A notation must be made in the dispostions bound book that clearly shows the make, model and S/N of the firearm and labeled as to: (insert name here) and 'for personal collection'..

I assume you have the federal rules book? Then turn to page 181 (my book's dated 2005) and read the center column, center paragraph labeled (D3).

It clearly states what I've been trying to convey to you for days.. Maybe you have to go through all sorts of BS hoops out there in CA-land, but we don't have to here... For that, I fully sympathize with you. Other than that, you're wrong, pure and simple..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Redneck,

I never said you had to fill out a 4473 "federal" form.

I', well aware how to transfer a firearm from my inventory to my personal collection...I've done it on numerous occasions.

As you well know, a requirement for all FFL holders is that they must comply with ALL state and local laws in addition to the federal ones.

If your state law says that handgun transfers can only take place after "X, Y and Z" takes place you are not exempt from that law just because you have an FFL and you are transferring the firearm from your business to you personally.

As I read the laws in your state (the one you referred me to) it states that handgun transfers between "licensees" are exempt from the forms and notification requirements. Redneck private citizen is not the same as Redneck FFL licensee under either federal or state law.

Pharmacists are licensed to "posses" drugs at their business...but they are not allowed to write themselves prescriptions. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't know a pharmacist could write any prescription...

R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
That's the point...I think. smile

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Redneck private citizen is not the same as Redneck FFL licensee under either federal or state law.

Actually, I am... My name, my address is the same in both cases.. I'm not a corp., nor is my address different ...

The WI DOJ says it's ok.. The BATF says it's ok.. Why don't YOU tell them they're wrong and see how far you get....

Geez...

ps: you're still wrong... laugh

Last edited by Redneck; 07/18/08.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Pardner my FFL reads the same way...and if your state says you're okay then that's all you need. Hopefully, for your sake, the next shift of DOJ agents will read your state laws the same way. smile

Here's one for you to ponder. On numerous occasions I have had fully automatic weapons in for repair, and therefore added into my inventory. Without going through any additional paperwork could I transfer one of those weapons to my personal collection?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Redneck,

I never said you had to fill out a 4473 "federal" form.

Since you're so well versed in WI law, you then should also know that a 4473 IS REQUIRED along with a WI-DOJ form for a handgun transfer... Therefore, your statement above contradicts you..

Now, how about you worry about the laws in CA.. and let me worry about WI laws, ok??

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Here's one for you to ponder. On numerous occasions I have had fully automatic weapons in for repair, and therefore added into my inventory.
'Repair' is different than 'inventory'.. I cannot take a firearm in for repair and transfer it to my inventory, since it's NOT MINE to begin with.. A separate log must be kept each for repairs and acquisitions.
Without going through any additional paperwork could I transfer one of those weapons to my personal collection?
'Weapons'?? You mean, 'rifles'.. The answer is no, you can't...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Pardner... FFL Bound Books have entries for "Receipt"...who you got the firearm from... and "Disposition"... where it went when/if it left your shop.

Every BATF inspection I have ever had the first thing they want to see is your bound book and your "inventory". The inventory consists of ALL the firearms that you have listed in the "Receipt" column that are not listed in the "Disposition" column.

That can be firearms in for repair or ones you are selling...to them it makes no difference. If it was entered into your bound book you better either have the weapon or show where it went in the "Disposition" column.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Take the bastards to court!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by chris112
"I just had Tanners back east refuse to ship Tikka 3-round magazines to CA because its not worth their headache."

Probably just what the politicos in California want. Eventually no replacement parts come in and the guns become useless.

BINGO we have a winner.....

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

If it was entered into your bound book you better either have the weapon or show where it went in the "Disposition" column.

No kidding? Gee, what a revelation.... You're absolutely brilliant!

Oh, and BTW, this is from the WI-DOJ publication dated March 20, 2001, last page, item 15.... and I quote:

(Q) If a dealer obtains a handgun from a distributor and then removes the handgun from stock for personal use, is the dealer exempt from the requirements of Wisconin law?
(A) Yes. A further analysis of the law has determined that the dealer is exempt. A dealer DOES NOT have to run a check on themselves when they remove a handgun from stock for their own use.

Hmmmm... I guess you're WRONG!!

And before you nit pick on the next item in your mind, the above does NOT apply IF the license was issued to a corporation... But then I'm certain you knew that already.. No doubt..

Enjoy CA-land.... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Easy on PRickB there Redneck, life as a crashtest dummy ain't easy...

R
RickB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Redneck,

All I said is that you might do well to check your state laws...which you obviously did. The written laws and the interpretations of those laws can be very different at times.

Unlike you and [bleep] I don't really get all that excited and upset over state laws in a state I don't live in.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (222Sako, 1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 12 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.