Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
After hearing a rumor that the Swarovski AV and several other Swarovski scopes,including the new Z6 scopes were not actually made in Austria,I e-mailed Swarovski to deny or confirm the rumor.Below is their reply.

Hello!

We've been proud to assemble the AV riflescope for probably 10-15 years. All of our technicians are either trained in Austria or by an Austrian. The parts are brought in from Austria. We are also assembling nearly all of our other riflescopes, including the premium Z6. We have the highest of quality control standards in the United States, just as they do in Austria. The two manager's in charge of this department have been with the company for almost 20 years. I'm not sure from your e-mail if this concerns you, but you can be rest assured that our USA production facility has been beneficial in all ways for the US consumer. If you have any questions, please get in touch with me directly at ellen.santagataswarovskioptik.us or (800) 426-3089, ext. 2276.

Thank you for your question!

Ellen Santagata
Customer Service/Sales Administration Manager
Swarovski Optik North America Ltd.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:05 PM
To: SONA-INFO

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard the same about the Kahles AH awhile back. Didn't know that about the 30mm Swaro's but the 1" I did hear about that also.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As much as I like the Swarovski scopes,I don't like the fact that my scopes have "made in Austria" on them,but they are actually assembled in the USA.To me that is nothing short of false advertising.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
stubblejumper,
As the US slides into third world status.Labor is cheeper here.
In theory it should make the scope less expensive.
In my view,better assembled here in the US,than in chinkie chow land.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe that's why the power settings are off........grin

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I ordered my Z6 BRi reticle in late March and just received it about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, during one of my phone coversations with Swaro I was told my scope was being held up in customs. How could this be if they make them here? Seems like a little communication problems may be arising due to numerous facilities.

DSC Life Member
SCI Member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In my view,better assembled here in the US,than in chinkie chow land.
dave

I agree,but the scopes should be labeled "made in USA" not"made in Austria".

I ordered my Z6 BRi reticle in late March and just received it about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, during one of my phone coversations with Swaro I was told my scope was being held up in customs. How could this be if they make them here?

The e-mail from Swarovski is copied and pasted directly from my e-mail.It specifically states that the Z6 is assembled in the USA.There is a name,personal e-mail address and phone number if you want to confirm it for yourself.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The scopes are not made in the USA. If the parts are made in Austria and assembled in the States, it should read Assembled in the USA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I worked in textiles, many of our garments said "Assembled in XXXXX with USA made components"

Not exactly how the labeling law works.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Stubblejumper..thanks for the heads up and direct inquiry to Swarovski....thinking Swarovski would "like" us to think their scopes are assembled in Austria

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A scope assembled in the USA containing foreign made parts, why that dings the cachet. It may as well be a Conquest, or gasp, a Leupold. laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This is pretty interesting. 2 years ago I bought a Kahles KX 3-9x42 at a sportsmen show at the Kahles booth. The person I spoke to had a thick German accent and when I asked if they were US made or Austrian made he became a little red in the face and told me in no uncertain terms they were Austrian made. Yeah I agree if it says made in Austria it darn means made in Austria and anything else is false advertising.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The price of US assembled Swaros ought to be reduced to something comparable to a Conquest.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just received another e-mail from Swarovski.Apparently the Swarovski scopes sold in Canada,are "Made in Austria".

I didn�t notice until late yesterday that your e-mail address ends in CA, indicating that you live in Canada. (Canadian e-mails do not usually make it to my desk.) If you have purchased your Swarovski Optik products from an authorized Canadian retailer, they would have come from our Markham, Ontario distributor who is supplied directly by our factory in Austria.

My apologies for not having picked up on this sooner.

Ellen Santagata

Customer Service/Sales Administration Manager

Swarovski Optik North America LTD

2 Slater Road

Cranston, RI 02920

Tel. 800-426-3089 x 2276

local 401-734-1800 x 2276

Fax. 877-287-8517

local 401-734-5888

Ellen.Santagataswarovskioptik.us

www.swarovskioptik.com <http://www.swarovskioptik.com> , www.swarovskibirding.com

I guess that is something for Canadians to think about before ordering a Swarovski scope from the USA.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The mail from Swarovski didn't say that all Swarovski AV or all Z scopes are assembled in the USA. Perhaps alle AV , but I do not believe all Z scopes are "made" in america.
If Swarovski parts are made in Austria and assembled in the USA, then i think it would be wrong to say they are made in the USA.
Assembled in the USA would be the right word, but american cars with parts from other countries never use the word assembled in the USA.They have never been critizised for doing so in advertising.

Well if americans think this is a mistake of Swarovski then they shold stop calling Swarovski a Euroscope, and be proud of buying american if they buy a Swarovski scope. wink And to those who says that americans can't make good optics, well this is the proof they can....... grin

Last edited by Norwegian; 07/25/08.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The mail from Swarovski didn't say that all Swarovski AV or all Z scopes are assembled in the USA. Perhaps alle AV , but I do not believe all Z scopes are "made" in america.

The second e-mail plainly states that the Swarovski scopes sold in Canada are made in Austria.It appears that only the Swarovski scopes sold in the USA are assembled in the USA.

If you have purchased your Swarovski Optik products from an authorized Canadian retailer, they would have come from our Markham, Ontario distributor who is supplied directly by our factory in Austria.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Norwegian,
The point is Swarovski should be up front like Zeiss Conquest and say what their product really is. With the dollars dropping value compared to the Euro, it is easier to accept paying top dollar for a Euro. If they are indeed assembled in the US, the savings should be reflected in the price.

It is basic honesty.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Norwegian,
The point is Swarovski should be up front like Zeiss Conquest and say what their product really is. With the dollars dropping value compared to the Euro, it is easier to accept paying top dollar for a Euro. If they are indeed assembled in the US, the savings should be reflected in the price.

It is basic honesty.

Agree 100%

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I learnt in this forum, that Swaro AV ("American Version") scopes tend to fail. There are not such rumors in Europe concerning (Tyrolian) homemade AVs.

As AVs, sold in the US, are assembled in USA: how come that they are likely more apt to fail, at least compared to their Euro cousins. Same construction, same material...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Norwegian,

It is basic honesty.

If course they could do this, but then they would be the only scope manufactorer using the words; made in one country (Austria) and assembled in another (USA).Of course they could do this, but why can Leupold say they are made in USA and nothing else, and get away with that? When all know Leupold is not a 100% american made product.

Last edited by Norwegian; 07/26/08.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,513
Posts18,509,413
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.