-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Peel them and clean them, then saut� them in melted butter with LOTS of fresh garlic! Don't cook them too long, though... they'll get rubbery. eek

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pat you really suck showing me things like that! All I have are some bacon wrapped filets to eat! grin By the way are those fresh Gulf shrimp? If they are you really do suck! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I DO like cocktail sauce, and I have plenty fresh garlic and onion, no 'shooms,

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well of course! Is they any other kind? smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Okay I just checked. No bacon, but I have lots of different sausages, hot, jalepeno/chedder, pan, green onion, poblano and Italian. Ideas?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I were closer, I'd make you invite me over for dinner. Barak and I were supposed to go out to dinner tonight with his parents for my birthday... but Barak got confused about his Kairos team meeting dates and it turns out he has a team meeting tonight.

So he dashed in the house, grabbed his team meeting folder, and left. Since I can't drive until January, I couldn't go meet his parents on my own. So we postponed the birthday dinner until a week from tonight. That's okay... it's worth waiting for. laugh

But it would be nice to help you eat those shrimp tonight... cool

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Penny, I would LOVE to treat you (and the old fart) to dinner. I usually have to please the wife and two kids, so I am really torn as to what to do. I cook every meal, when I am available. They like fryed, mild and "normal". So I want "not fryed", spicy and exotic.

Last edited by ltppowell; 08/22/08.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had shrimp for dinner tonight. Wife sauteed them in butter, garlic, and parlsey. When done she added some cooked green peas for color then served all with the butter sauce on Basmati rice. Had a little asparagus on the side and mango sherbet for dessert. It was a fine meal.

Last edited by ODay450; 08/22/08.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There it is! Asparagus!

Gone cookin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody that's gotta ask what to do with a mess of shrimp don't deserve to have 'em.

grin

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Anybody that's gotta ask what to do with a mess of shrimp don't deserve to have 'em. grin

Mike

That's the truth grin

I'm guessing they are big enough to grill so grill them. If they are fresh anything you do to them is gonna be good.
I usually boil shrimp with some Old Bay� in the water and dunk them in butter/lemon juice/home made coctail sauce.
I often forget to dunk them, I just love shrimps!

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Post some after cooked pics!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Okay, so I pussed out and got hungry. Boiled in the normal cajun fashion, then chilled with garlic, lemon, and Nuc-Mam (My exotic), asparagus and garic bread. Maybe I'll make something really BAD for desert! smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ltppowell; 08/22/08.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
That does look good!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
Tase 'em!!

Thanks Bob! My kid was standing behind me and sprayed water all over my back when he saw your response!

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seemed to be getting late for dinner in the CST--glad you got 'em cooked in the traditional Cajun way smile

My humble 2 cents for your next opportunity:

1-get some bacon

2-fire up the grill

3-cook bacon to about 60% done as grill warms

4-peel/devein shrimp while bacon cooks and grill warms

5-schmear Philadelphia Cream Cheese on shrimp-fill up the inner circle, so to speak

6-push 2-3 slices jalapeno pepper into the schmeared PhillyCC on each shrimp

7-wrap each shrimp in partly cooked bacon and put on skewers--2 skewers is better than 1 skewers for turning over as they cook--and grill 'em

8-they're done when the shrimp is done

all this is down in the 24hour cooking posts and is a tangent to the WGM backstrap recipe there

:)dh

"...the IInd Amendment is not about duck hunting..." Suzanne Hupp
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wernt too bad. Somewhere between Granny's Christmas dinner and a lap dance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After seeing the cooked shrimp boiling was yer best bet, those were kinda small.
I just don't think the little ones grill well. I also don't think the big ones do well boiled.
Looks good...
I will have me some this weekend.
Here's last weekends fare...

[Linked Image]

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shrek and Pat... let me ask you something: Why don't you peel the shrimp before you cook them? It seems it would make the eating a lot easier and a lot less messy. Just wondering...

Penny

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Shrek and Pat... let me ask you something: Why don't you peel the shrimp before you cook them? It seems it would make the eating a lot easier and a lot less messy. Just wondering...

Penny

Well peeling a boiled shrimp is WAY easier than peeling a raw one. Boiling a peeled shrimp would turn it to mush, I guess, I've never boiled a peeled one.
For the grill or frying you peel them. Trust me I tried to fry unpeeled shrimp, once. Mainly because I was told it wouldn't work, and it doesn't.
I'm going to see my fish monger today, I'm looking for some big ones for the grill!

Oh and see the newspaper all over the table, cuts down on the mess.

Last edited by shreck; 08/23/08. Reason: aside

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 58 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,892
Posts18,518,350
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.