-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
OP Offline
G
Last year my brother bought a Tomkat made By Bow Tech. He loves the bow... He went on several elk hunts with different buddies and every time, they complained to him about the cams being too shiney. The bow has two-piece cams, mat black and basically a shiney silver/metal. He called Bow Tech and talked to them about his problem. He was told that the company has now changed to an all black cam, eliminating any problem. He asked if he could send the bow back and have new cams installed. They said no. He even said he would pay for the conversion, but was told no again. It was suggested that he go back to the dealer and see if they would help. I am not sure what that would acccomplish... Real nice customer service! I have dealt with several companies over the years and I have received service above and beyond... T/C Arms, Leupold, Brown Precision, Hogue Grips to name a few. What's with these guys? The question now becomes what can he do and how can he do it? Thanks for any help you can give...

Gary from Denver

And yes, the Dems are driving me crazy already!!!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's weird. The cams on my 2007 Allegiance are dull. Are they rubbing up against something that's making them shiny?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would explain to Bowtech Customer Service how I would never purchase another one of their products (and tell anyone that would listen) if they could not help out on such a simple matter.
Funny how if a company treats someone right they will tell a few people - but if a company treats someone poorly, they will tell everyone they can.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
He can "rough" them up with sandpaper or steel wool to knock the shinyness off of them, or spary them with some matte clear coat.Just make sure he doesnt get any paint on the string.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A lot of guys I know have Bowtechs and a few of them paint their cams. If you don't have a press and can't remove the strings and cables for Krylon, a little matte Rustoleum and a small brush to dab with. It's common to paint them. My Bowtech Allegiance has silver cams, and so do all my friends. My General and my friends 82nd and 101st Airborne, and the Commander have black cams. The color of the cams depends on the model. The bows that use smooth and speed modules used to be colored to distinguish them, silver being speed, black being smooth. I get more glare off my sight and that's getting painted this season.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (16gage, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,303
Posts18,526,016
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.