Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 62 of 1,842 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
you are far from selfish. read some of the things you have posted on this thread alone. If you were selfish you sure wouldn't be worring about if you were or not.

with the crew that posts on the fire, somebody would have said something if you were.

you know how I feel about, so I'll shut up now.

p.s. is mrsnorthern_dave coming tomorrow?

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh I think she'd like to come along. Unless she goes in to town shopping with the girls or something I'm sure she'll come along. If nothing else I bet she'll swing by for a bit while we're gorging ourselves on burgers, fries, onion rings & beers.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
you are far from selfish. read some of the things you have posted on this thread alone. If you were selfish you sure wouldn't be worring about if you were or not.

with the crew that posts on the fire, somebody would have said something if you were.

you know how I feel about, so I'll shut up now.

Ditto That

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am the one who asked Rick Bin to sticky this up as I saw great potential for a lot of camaraderie and interesting reading.I still see that in the thread and I have watched your uneasiness with it grow,Dave.You are not hogging anything.You are just providing the place for us to congregate in virtuality.For that I thank you.During my convalescence from the heart bypass surgery,which incidentally was three months ago today,this has been a source of great enjoyment and I have made some new friends on here as well.
Let it run for a while and we will start year two.How about it?

Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 09/12/08.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I find this to be must read. It by far one of my favorite threads and one of the real places where we find the true campfire spirit. I say let it live..

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Tjay ?

From MN?

do I know you? How well?

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I just met friend Tzone Tom for the first time in person. What a jem folks I'll tell ya. We had a few beers in a tavern, his dad was there, oddly enough my dad was too. We had a good visit, i was a bit groggy from being up till 3AM this morning but we had a good visit anyways.

Tzon's been talking about this ladder stand he had that he wanted to give me. Well he brougt it along & he gave it to me, real nice stand too, still in the box. Very cool, he refused to take any money for it. I'm gonna put it together & set it up. I'll set it up for myself I think, I'll take a few pictures when I set it up including a view from the stand.

Thanks a million Tom, so nice to meet you & your dad.
Hope you can come out to the shack & hunt with us sometime, you will always be welcome.

Later.

Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
northern dave,
I don't think we have ever met. I live in the south metro and worked 20 years in Bloomington. I put up a deer camp by Ely with wall tents.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I also do 2 or 3 trips into Voyagers NP every summer. Love the North Woods..

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
It's not sliding off any pages yet Dave.. wink Sheeze there is only ONE place that I know of in my Entire hunting career of now 23 years similiar to your place Dave. That is at my buddy Johns place and I fall asleep EVERY night thinking that someday I could build myself a place like yours and his, thats why I work as hard as I do.

I've got about 10 more years of saving to get there and then maybe I'll be able to buy some land that is if it doesn't go too much higher. Land around here is running 4,500.00 an acre even for swamps now, hopefully it won't go much higher.

Anyway he built his place for similiar reasons you built yours and I enjoy seeing how it and your family group is growing. Common Dave make it last with me through etleast this season, My Orange hat is playing Roy Orbison these days. Especially at night singin Sweat Dreams to me and off I go with hunting camps in my head and yours is one of them.

TZone keep him in line now and don't let your two Dads talk you guys into too many crazy ideas at camp..

Stan Good to see your still here, howmuch longer before you could shoot some of those reduced recoil loads anyway?

Gotta go check the rain guage again its starting to add up closing on 7 inches in 2 days now and still coming down.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wabo

TZone keep him in line now and don't let your two Dads talk you guys into too many crazy ideas at camp..

I don't think we need our dads for that. grin

7" of rain Wabo? You're gonna need a boat, not a rifle.

Meeting northern_dave this weekend was great. I got to meet damn near his whole family. They are as great as he makes them out to be.

There will be a lot of gut piles for years to come at that camp guys, I can assure you of that.

Tom

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I just met friend Tzone Tom for the first time in person. What a jem folks I'll tell ya. We had a few beers in a tavern, his dad was there, oddly enough my dad was too. We had a good visit, i was a bit groggy from being up till 3AM this morning but we had a good visit anyways.

Tzon's been talking about this ladder stand he had that he wanted to give me. Well he brougt it along & he gave it to me, real nice stand too, still in the box. Very cool, he refused to take any money for it. I'm gonna put it together & set it up. I'll set it up for myself I think, I'll take a few pictures when I set it up including a view from the stand.

Thanks a million Tom, so nice to meet you & your dad.
Hope you can come out to the shack & hunt with us sometime, you will always be welcome.

Later.

Dave

If we keep talking like this, people are going to think we're going steady.

I though we wern't telling anybody yet. grin

Thanks Dave, I had a good time too.

Tom

Last edited by tzone; 09/15/08.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
7.6 inches for a close and the Mo. river rose 12 feet overnight, not the biggest jump I've seen but Big none the less. Your right there are places I could use a boat..

So who is guilty of checking the rifle this past weekend? No I would never dream of looking over the levergun not a chance.. crazy

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You better start building an ark wabo.

Well, small game is open now in MN as well as archery. I'm thinking about making a drive out to camp tonight just to have a look see, check out the water sittuation after these rains we have had.

My dad is twisting my arm pretty hard about elk hunting coming up in oct. He tells me there are just over 200 left over cow tags for the early rilfe season... I really wasn't planning on going until next year. We'll have to see I guess.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
elk hunting eh??? whistle cool smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Oh and keep the thread going. As long as Rick doesn't see a problem there isn't one. As Tom said "if you were selfish you wouldn't be worried about it"

If it is really bothering you that bad, I think a Birth of a deer camp - Year 2 is an excellent idea!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
elk hunting eh??? whistle cool smile

if you'd check your damn txt messages you'd see that you are invited.

pack your chit goofball!!

grin

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just as long as Dave don't end up with "Tzone" tattoo or Tzone with a "Northern Dave" tatoo or both.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Just as long as Dave don't end up with "Tzone" tattoo or Tzone with a "Northern Dave" tatoo or both.

Stan

oof.

no it aint quite like that. LOL!!

didn't make it out to deer camp tonight. planning on tomorrow night though. I did put together the tzone ladder stand & flopped it up against an oak tree in the yard. it oughta work just fine. mighty fine deer sniping seat, mighty fine.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

Stan

HA! I just got a vision from the movie Dude Where's My Car. grin

Page 62 of 1,842 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.