Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Scary stuff indeed, and it should alarm most Americans.

link to story

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden said Thursday that paying more in taxes is the patriotic thing to do for wealthier Americans. In a new TV ad that repeats widely debunked claims about the Democratic tax plan, the Republican campaign calls Obama's tax increases "painful."

if its patriotic for rich folks, does that make the bottom dwellers less patriotic? Welfare queens are being dissed?

and
We want to take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people," Biden said in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Noting that wealthier Americans would indeed pay more, Biden said: "It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut."

Hussein and Biden, along with the entire group of DhimmiCrats in Washington are nothing but marxists. This is a blatant transfer of wealth, social engineering, to get votes, and institute a new level of goobermint interference with our lives.

Sam......

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Let's make it clear - Hussein and Biden, along with the entire group of DhimmiCrats in Washington are nothing but "AZZ HOLES"..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
and they want to rape your billfold.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I agree with you but the sheeple will line up for it. Especially when they read Hussein's tax plan will reduce taxes for 4 out of 5 households, at least according to the tax policy center.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by Mac84; 09/18/08.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Way to many people in this country do not pay any taxes period. So there is no vested interest in how the Gov. Spends money. As more and more people are removed from the tax rolls. Two things are going to happen, the ones that do pay are going to pay a lot more, and they are paying a lot now, and second, at some point they will stop doing what they are doing. At some point its not going to be worth while to work. I remember what Bill Clinton said, I ended up with a huge tax bill, and I never made the kind of money he said was considered rich. You can't keep going to fewer and fewer to pay for all of this. On one had they want us to use less gas in our cars, then when we do, they tell us we don't have enough money for road repairs and improvements. They want it both ways, tell the public that only the so called rich will pay the burden and raid everybody and there mother every April 15. And lets not get into what the States do.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So... Biden is saying that the people he defines as wealthy Americans, but who think their taxes are high enough, are not patriotic Americans. This should go over well.

On a related topic, I heard yesterday that Joe Biden has given to charity, on average for the last 10 years, just $300. He's disgusting.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Only if your making 200,000(single) or 250,000(married) a year grin ...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
200,00 Is what many small businesses clear a year, many small bussiness owners are taxed on what the business makes that is thier income. OK so taxing them more, leives less for them to pay thier workers, less for employee benifits ect. And what about expanding that small business? Higher taxes mean fewer new jobs, period. Fewer people makeing less money is NOT helping the economy.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Popapi
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Only if your making 200,000(single) or 250,000(married) a year grin ...

as I stand there raising my hand..............

Sam......

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by blinddog1
200,00 Is what many small businesses clear a year, many small bussiness owners are taxed on what the business makes that is thier income. OK so taxing them more, leives less for them to pay thier workers, less for employee benifits ect. And what about expanding that small business? Higher taxes mean fewer new jobs, period. Fewer people makeing less money is NOT helping the economy.
We'll the way I see it Mr. Obama is trying to give 90-95% of the people which are middle class folk(me) because I don't make that(200,000) a break, Mr. McCain is trying to break it off in that percentage of people AND he want to tax your health insurance rates forget that...................LORD if it's your will PLEASE put Mr. Obama in the BigHouse...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think I need an "allowance" from the upper class. Most of them worked hard to get there so what makes people think they should get a share of their money. Thanks but no thanks NObama.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i make well under that mark and aint looking for a handout from the feds......the wife and i are busting our arses to get to that amount and when we do i sure in the hell aint interested in giving it to someone else..............

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We'll the way I see it Mr. Obama is trying to give 90-95% of the people which are middle class folk(me) because I don't make that(200,000) a break, Mr. McCain is trying to break it off in that percentage of people AND he want to tax your health insurance rates forget that...................LORD if it's your will PLEASE put Mr. Obama in the BigHouse...

I view your post as being indicative of the problem with America. It's all about what's in it for "me," not what's best for the country. Biden masks it by calling it patriotism, but you have exposed it for what it really is. If somebody can take money from someone else and give it to you, you are happy. That is not patriotism.

The health insurance proposal differences have already been vetted in a thread a couple of weeks ago, and it is not entirely as you represented. Both sides' positions are pipe dreams anyway.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 09/18/08.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
on any given month the wife and i recieve paychecks from 5 different sources....our easy weeks are 45 hours each(even if we take a 3 day weekend we wind up having to make up the hours somewhere) a long week is 90 plus...........we are about a half step better than living pay check to pay check......have a mortgage and a car payment........raising 2 kids.....i DO NOT look for a hand out from the feds.....dont ask for one though we usually get a return after filing taxes every year but i am paying in all year aswell and last i looked what we send in about equals what we get back......Obama's tax plan would mean more money in my pockets.....I DONT WANT IT!.....i sure in the hell aint taking someone else's hard earned cash when i can earn my own.....sure in the hell aint taking the money with the kinda strings Obama attaches to it.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope you don't think I was replying to your post in mine, because I wasn't. I clarified my post by quoting the languge to which I was replying.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no wasnt replying to you......should throw a note in my sig line that i use quick reply 99.9% of the time grin

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Obama's plan is about making the government bigger, more powerful. For now, they say they'll get the money from the rich, but sooner or later, their going to tap you to keep the government big. If they can make you dependent on the government for income, then the government controls everything.
Less government is better government.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look, I'm not unreasonable, if you fat cats don't want to fill my pockets, I'll take firearms or reloading equipment...

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Regardless of who pays, we need to pay down the debt and cut the Federal deficit.

Increased revenues (taxes are the only income stream of a government) are needed, as well as major cuts in expenditures (including entitlements and DOD''s big ticket toys.

The Federal Debt has caused much harm to the nation and it is estimated that by 2028 (20 years), the entire Federal budget will only pay for entitlements and interest payments). We have become a 2nd rate economic power (although we still have the largest economy) and will just sink under the weight of the debt.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 18,743 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,972
Posts18,539,905
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.