Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Can someone here direct me towards deer hunting access in Kansas's units 12 or 14? I'm holding a tag but my plans have come all apart and I live in Idaho. I'm willing to trade, pay, barter, whatever she takes.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boise-

You're over your alloted PMs....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Deleted at the request of the poster.

Last edited by RickBin; 10/15/08. Reason: Deleted at the request of the poster.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cheesy-

You grow up around Buffalo? While I've not hunted with Paradise - they actually have killed some big freaking bucks on some of their ground. Sure, I don't know the stories behind them - not defending them by any means, just pointing that out.

WWP53D
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Boise,
New this year. Non residents may hunt in any of two adjoining permit units. That should widen your possibilies.Hope it works out for you but I'd hate to trust any of the outfitters. They're in the recycling business!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Contact West Creek Outfitters at Hamilton, KS. E-mail at flatrockranchcompuserve.com. PM me for details, if you need more information.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I emailed the KDWP and asked, "Is it possible to transfer/modify/amend/trade my tag so it is acceptable for
unit 15?"

I received the response, "The permit was issued for units 12 and 14. Sorry we are not allowed to transfer from unit to unit."

They didn't say I couldn't hunt the adjacent unit 15, just that I wasn't able to transfer the permit. So I'm still confused as to whether or not I may hunt the adjacent unit. Guess I had better take a closer look at the regulations.

Boise Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the suggestion - West Creek is showing a $2400 price for their first week of rifle season and that is more than I'm willing to pay. I'll contact them and see if they are willing to settle for a trespass fee or such.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Boise:

I just read the non-resident application, it says you can choose the primary unit to hunt in (12 in your case) and a secondary unit for you to hunt in (14 in your case). Somewhere on the non-resident rules brochure I read you can only hunt in the units your tag is good for.

You're out of luck on unit 15.

I'm sure you've already looked at going down this road, but there is the Walk In Hunting Areas and the ground around the reservoirs. I'm sure they'll get hit pretty hard, but its a start. There is quite a bit of WIHAs in unit 14 to look at. Without looking exactly at how the map is and whether your unit incorporates them, there is Elk City, Big Hill,Toronto, Fall River, John Redmond, and Melvern Reservoirs with huntable ground around them. Like I said, I imagine they are hit pretty hard. Not sure how much time you've got, but my brother in laws buddy in Wichita started knocking on farmers doors, was told no a lot of times, but gained access to a tree farm to bowhunt on, and this was very close to Wichita--so that could work as well.

R
R
The walk-in areas are a good option. In our area (unit 3)you rarely see anyone use them. My friend sat in a blind,on private ground, with walk-in hunting on two sides of him and only saw 1 hunter in eight days. Many of these areas are grasslands,, which many people think are only good for bird hunting but there are a suprising number of deer on them.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Too bad you are not looking for 11. I could help you.

You could also look at unit 19. Everyone is elegible for it.

A
A

Hi Scott,
I am the owner of Paradise Adventures and you have been warned about the lies you have written about my brother and I and our business. I will only accept a letter of apology posted on this same web site written by you, and that the statement you wrote on this web site be taken off within 24 hours of the time this was sent (10:30PM) or you will be hearing from my attorney. I have talked to several of your family members and they all assured me that they had nothing to do with this and that we may take any action that we felt neccesary. You now have been warned again and this time straight from the horses mouth, so to speak and the clock is ticking. A letter of apolgy and the removal of the one you wrote about us is the only way you are going to get out of a lawsuite. Thank You
The owner of Paradise Adventures
Kurt Nunnenkamp

Here is the letter your grandfather sent me by mail. He asked that I put this on the internet for him. You should be ashamed, he loves you a lot. I feel that you should be the one to apologize, not him.

October 12, 2008
Kurtis Nunnenkamp
Paradise Adventures
Altoona, Kansas

Dear Kurtis:

It has come to my attention, an article on the internet written by our grandson.

We wish to apologize for his misguided remarks. You have always been most fair in our dealings and the amount you paid us for the lease was and is well within the going rate. The number of hunters mentioned was grossly exaggerated.

Please accept our apology. We are greatly disappointed in our grandson.

Sincerely,
Loren Jensen
Neodesha, Kansas

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm not sure of the area, but my wife's uncle did some Kansas walk on and kille a WHOPPER 8 pt. First day out. He came home on day 2 of his 5 day vacation.

He saw no other hunters in that day. It too was in the grass lands.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Adventures

I am the owner of Paradise Adventures.
Kurt Nunnenkamp

Kurt-
Now that you guys have that squared away, and you've broken your cherry here, stick around and let's talk some deer hunting.

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kurt:

As you can see my post was deleted ((Yesterday at 11:21 PM)
Edit Reason: Deleted at the request of the poster. ) This was in the works prior to your post, but that is when Mr. Bin got to it. I apologize to you, your brother, and your business for misspeaking on a public forum and any harm it may have caused. I too agree that he is not the one that should be apologizing to you.

Scott

A
A
Hi Scott,
Your apology has been excepted. Some day I would like to hear the story about the monster you killed. Dick Oste--- told me a little about it. said it was a dandy.
No hard feelings, that gets a man no where in this world. We are also sorry this has caused so much turmoil in your family. But gramps is happy!!
Thank you
kn

A
A
Cherry's popped and the nut's are falling. Went out scotting tonight. My bro and I are a little old fashioned and don't use the camera's. We did a little a couple years ago, got nice pictures, but then never saw the deer again there. Got rid of them and decided that the less times your in the woods the better off you are and around here they move around so much most of the time in Nov. Most of the time around here if a deer moves a quarter mile to a half mile, he is on someone elses property. It seems they love to live on or near the property lines. It is very hard to manage out here because of that same reason. Jump the fence and he looks good enough for that guy and "bang" he's gone. Let's talk some deer NOW.
over
kn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kurt-

Gonna be in your neck of the woods around Halloween. Will be splitting time betwixed some ground around Chanute and Walnut. If I don't put a decent one on the ground that week, I'll be back when I get home from Manitoba. blush

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Scott,

are you hunting here this year?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All depends on me anchoring a mature one in Kansas the first part of November. grin Prolly be around for the tail end of the rifle and ML season.

WWP53D
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 35 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.