Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
IMHO the most beautiful line of English poetry ever written is "Then I ducked my head, and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark, And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark." (The Shooting of Dan McGrew by Robert Service). curmudgeon

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand"- Linus van Pelt<P><BR>"I'll be back" - Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Terminator"

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Rooster Cogburn in True Grit, speaking of Lucky Ned Pepper......<P>" I shot him last year in his upper lip...he sure was lucky THAT day"<P>Dennis Hopper... " His upper lip ???...Where was you aimin' ??"<P>Rooster..... ' His LOWER lip !!.."........<P>Clint Eastwood in "Unforgiven".......<P>" Hell of a thing, killin' a man.....You take away everything he's got and everything he's ever gonna have.."........<BR>

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seal#1 to attached Marine sniper:<BR>"Seeing as how I am going to be the bait,I gotta ask..have you ever missed?"<BR>Jarhead:"Not yet".<BR>several hours later after ambush complete and all accounted for.<BR>Seal 1"Whats the Gunny's problem?"<BR>Seal#2"He's pi$$ed on account of him missing the gook that was approaching you".<BR>Seal#1 "but the guy dropped with his freakin' head blown off at the neck!"<BR>Seal#2 "Gunny always goes for the nose....."<BR>Mekong.<BR>Best part is that it is a biography.<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boggy Creek Ranger- Johnny Rebel sang that one too.<P>Basicly any line by Doc in tombstone. <P>"Yes thats true you are a good woman, but then again you may be the antichrist"<BR><p>[This message has been edited by SeanD (edited April 10, 2001).]

Sean
IC B2

P
P
"The best trick the Devil ever played is making you think he never existed."<BR>Verbal aka Kaiser Sose' in 'The Usual Suspects'<P>BKB

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
"you call that a knife? Now THIS is a knife!" - Crocodile Dundee

Get close, pick a hair, and shish-ka-bob it
C
C
kkkkClint Eastwood in Magnum Force ( A mans got to know his limitations) coldmold

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Freedom!" quoth William Wallace in Braveheart as his last words.<P> "I know what's you're thinking. Did he shoot 6 rounds, or only 5? TO be honest, I lost count myself. But seeing as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, I got a question for you. Do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk?!" -Dirty Harry<BR>You gotta love his bluntness and choice of words.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Clark Gable in Gone With the Wind. "Frankly Madam, I don't give a damn". And Rod Steiger in an old WWII war movie, which I can't think of the name. "We're not retreating, we're attacking in another direction".

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
...Hatchet Jack, man, he was a wild one. Lived with a female panther for two years in a cave up on the Mussel Shoe. She never did get used to him. Del Geu in Jeremiah Johnson

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Lady Astor said to Sir Winston, "Sir! You are quite drunk!"<BR>He replied, "Indeed madam, I am. And you are quite ugly. However, in the morning I shall be indisputably sober."<P>On another occasion, when they were seated across the table from one another at dinner...<P>Lady Astor said, "Sir Winston, if you were my husband I would put poison in your tea!"<BR>He responded, "madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."<P>------------------<BR>SKCUS AIXELSYD

NRA Life Member

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're gonna like it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"You know how to whistle don't you?"<P>"Just put your lips together and blow"<P>Bill to Monica, or some other great mov(i)e

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here's another one. I'm not sure exactly how it goes but...<P> "Lord, forgive me of the women that I have bedded, of the things I have stolen, the men I have cheated" (and so on), "and Lord, above all, forgive me of the men I have killed in anger, and of those that I am about to kill."<P> Mr. (what's his name) in "The Cowboys." He has the confidence to say this when a noose is around his neck.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
one of my all time favorite lines comes from the godfather part 2 when michael corleone says KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE BUT YOUR ENEMY'S CLOSER

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Abbot and Costello "Who's on First...."<P>Bullwnkl

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"What we have here...Is a failure...To communicate." Cool Hand Luke<P>"Are you going to fight or surf?" Apocalypse Now<P>"When you pull the trigger, the bullets come out going very, very fast." Maggie, Armed and Dangerous<P>"We don't need no stinking badges!" Mex bandit, Blazing Saddles. And the Waco Kid from the same movie- "No, no, don't do that, don't do that. If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad." <P>William Wallace-"Aye. Fight and you may die. Run and you'll live, at least a while. And, dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance -- just one chance -- to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!" Braveheart<P>Maj. T.J. "King" Kong- "Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one .45 caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days concentrated emergency raisons; one drug issue containing: antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair a nylon stockings. Shoot, a fellah could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff." Dr. Strangelove<P>Good Morning, Vietnam- "Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun." Robin Williams<P>"If it bleeds, we can kill it." Arnold in Predator.<P>Hal, 2001- "Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it." <P>------------------<BR>Shoot straight and often!

Shoot straight and often!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Folks, please see my last entry in the Big Game room under the "First Blood" thread regarding this topic.<P>It's a real-life quote.<P>Truth is better than fiction. Talus

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Captain Gus McCray Lonesome Dove, "They don't know it, but the wrath of God is about to descend upon 'em."<BR>Same..."Just once I'd like to shoot an educated man."<BR>Same.."Jakes just being Jake..it's a full time job."<P>Bill Paxton, Alien II, "I say nuke 'em from orbit...its the only safe way."<P>Forest Gump, "They sending me to viet-nam...its this whole other country."<P>Too many to wirte! Enjoyed them all.

James P. Knight
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Robert Traver in "Trout Madness" said, "It isn't that fishing is all that important, it's just that all of man's other endeavors are equally unimportant."<BR>art<P>------------------<BR>Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,731
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.