Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 65 of 1,842 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
looks like another fun weekend northern_dave.

hows the view way up high in the tzone stand? looks good up in that cedar. I'm thinking it will be the best stand on the place grin

cool treasure you guys found too. clean that thing off and hang it up. it'll add character.

pretty unexciting weekend in central wi. caught some walleyes on sat. am and worked on the basement for the rest of the weekend to keep mrs tzone smiling like heck so I can hunt pretty much all of november.

I think we are going to our camp here next weekend to fix blinds and cut some new trails. I'll try to remember to take a camera with me.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Thanks for the pics and story, sorry for your bad luck though! I do however hope you will take the time to read and not take my next sentences to you in the wrong way..

Those steps nailed into the tree on the fixerstand are NOT a good idea! I've fallen from those types of steps 3 times and one time I fell 30 feet as the screws and nails in the tree (which i checked before the season too) decided to give way. You have to PLEASE consider a cheap alternative!!!

Ya need a couple of pieces of 1 inch galvanized conduit a handful of galvanized nails I think #16's or #20's and 2 treated 2x6's the desired length... Drill holes in center of 2x6 and place a 1 foot piece of conduit inside each hole and drill small hole for a pilot for the nail and drive the nail through the board and conduit from the 2 inch or edgewize from the board.. This locks the conduit in place.. Place a ratchet strap at the top of the ladder around it and the tree or treestand and Presti cheap effective ladder good for years.. Much Safer please consider this and like Triple check the bracing on the flooring of the stand... Sorry I'm a rag......... I just happen to be one of the guys who said it will never happen to me and I actually had a stand I was hanging come down ontop of me after I fell because the step gave way.. Talk about some serious OUCH..

You will get to really enjoy the TZONE design style of stand I'm betting just make sure and wear a safety harness in it too..

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
wabo,

we're going to have to call you "cat". but I think you already used up 3 of those lives. grin

glad nothing happened to you. I don't think I'd use home made stands anymore if I fell from them once. 3 time sounds like playing with fire.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Meow......... RRRRoooooooouuuuch... HSSSSsssss..LOL

TZone One of the falls where the stand came down on me was because a factory made screw in tree step 3/8 inch diameter broke, stupid hangon stands... When I was younger they didn't make treestands and I now prefer either the TZone ladder style stand or a Shootin house on 6by6 in concrete polls with stairs or conduit/2x6 ladder system... We have a couch,recliner, sat dish and kitchen in my favorite stand now... No kiddin I can watch the games while hunting deer, well waiting on the kiddo to fill a tag.. Usually I still hunt by myself in the end days of the season to fill my tag..

I think I've used up about 3 different cat lives myself and my body is beginning to tell me too.. Won't even begin to tell you my life as a kid let alone as a construction worker, before I luckily landed in the office on all fours...lol

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We've started seeing deer again all the sudden. Lots of tracks too, I made trails late in the day on sat & we walked the new trails on sunday morning & they had all kinds of tracks on them already.

Ole forky toe been hangin out over by the out house....

The boy is coming up this weekend to bring up a permanent stand he built at home. So I got that to look forward to, it'll help drag me through the work week knowing he's coming up to goof off with his uncle Dave.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It must be the time of year. All of a sudden on Saturday, the deer were all over the place. I have been seeing the same 6 does in the field by our house all year. Then all of a sudden there's 30 of the damn things out there. 5 of them were racked bucks, with a few forkies and spikes thrown in there. Until then, I have seen a grand total of 1 whopper buck, in the same field in one afternoon, I see 3...NICE! smile

Good to hear you still have Ole Forky Toe hanging around.

Did you guys get any birds last weekend?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Same holds true down my way except I'm seeing more deer as their running into the sides of our vehicles than anything. mad
Been lucky so far though. Very limited damage. My wife (Special K) has a minivan that is a frickin deer magnet! She has hit 6 deer with it now since we bought it 3 years ago with only one causing noticable damage. I took it to work one day last fall and hit the rump of a deer that jumped out in the morning. That evening (in broad daylight) I'm coming home driving east and this doe is running north in a ditch. I think she must see me so she will turn. Nope. The damn thing hits the road running and literally leaps over the top back portion of the van with just a small thump of a back hoof hitting the other side on the way down. Then last week wife goes into pick up the boys from football and I get a text: "just hit another deer but no damage". The next night I go pick them up and a dang 'ol buck jumps out of the corn, glances down the side of my truck and somehow only bends the running board. I looked for all of them and the only one that was ever killed (on site) was the one she hit that smucked up her grill pretty good. Deer are attracted to light just like mosquitos. I just know it. I think I'm going to build a great big mobile 'bug' zapper and drive it around during deer season to save on shells!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
kapow!!

40,000 views.

I believe I can now officially say...

WTF?

grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
kapow!!

40,000 views.

I believe I can now officially say...

WTF?

grin

Holy shnikies! I remember when you first told me about the thread, you said you couldn't believe it was almost at 1000 views or something like that. Now 40,000! WAY COOL! cool

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
my ford f-150 was like that. good for atleast one deer a year. never any major damage, but a pain in the azz none the less.

another month and those damn things will be running silly in the road, yards, parking lots, where ever. a guy would think a huge buck is behind every tree. goofy bastrages laugh

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cult of the Deer Camp, or the NorthernDave Camp Cult, in any event thank you for Deer Camp....

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
thank you for the interest, support, helpful suggestions, comical posts & all that sort of thing.

grin

and dat goes for everybody.

1290 replies in one thread & not one troll, no turds in the punch bowl.

That's really something.

Thanks everybody.

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has Mrs ND let you out of the dog house yet ? smile

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm breaking loose to make a run for CO very soon. Going to go shoot a wapiti cow so we can have elk steaks at deer camp this year.

Mostly doing it for pam you know.... grin

(I feel a beat down coming...)

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When do we get T-shirts and hats?
As Dave so eloquently put it "WOW".I remember remarking to Dave back in May,I think it was,about crossing the 10,000 mark.
I'm telling you Dave I'm smelling a book.Or is that my socks?
Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definately a cool and refreshing thread, no ego allowed!

Thx

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi All ~ Mrs. ND here. I simply couldn't let the thread go on any longer without replying to M1894. Hmmm, NO ND isn't out of the doghouse yet.
He gets to trapes off to CO and hunt Elk, and one might ask why I'm mad because he is doing this for the best interest of the family, right? You know bring meat home for the family so we can make it through the winter. Well once again I'm being a SELFISH wife, I think all of you have seen this side of me on the thread once or twice and I do apologize in advance but anyways...I want to go Elk hunting, no joke. Unfortunately we'd only better send Dave for financial reasons and I'd better do what I do every day of the week and run children to their various functions. Oh well, maybe I can go when the kids finally graduate or something. I guess I can still look forward to the upcoming deer season, if anything, I will see and shoot my first deer in over 18 yrs.
Hope I didn't damper the thread too much, just had to chew on ND when I get the chance. grin
Stan- I think its your socks that your smelling. HA!
To all, thanks for keeping this thread alive, for all the interest, suggestions, sharing of experiences. Its simply heartwarming to see truly wonderful, caring people out there.
Thanks for being there when our family needed some awesome people to lend an ear, lend advice, and extend their hearts. Enough mush, get back to posting people.

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Boooooo!!!

Get back to the kitchen woman!!

grin

OMG, I'm so kidding!!!

Kidding!!!

I'd rather take Pam along on this trip but we have nobody to watch the kids.

For this same reason me & Pam can never get away for any time away from home. It is a big prob & I am a big meany for taking off on this trip.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
MrsND,

you should just sit in the tzone stand...it has some serious good juju. 'Ole Forky Toes has takin' a liking to it from what I hear. smile

Maybe now that it's colder, you could throw dave an extra blankie out in that dog house.

Tom

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Boooooo!!!

Get back to the kitchen woman!!

grin

OMG, I'm so kidding!!!

Kidding!!!

grin

You're dead meat now. grin

You won't have to worry about the mileage of the deisel, cuz mrsND will boot yo azz to CO. laugh

you got some stones man...that I'll give ya. grin

Page 65 of 1,842 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.