Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'm waiting on Rick's big "Clearance of Discontinued Items" sale, priced to move! grin

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Wondering how they're going to improve on the 2.5-8x36.

They must have finally got a Conquest and compared it. I did years ago.

++++++++++

Doc

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Originally Posted by DMB

I personally think that the prices will be in the $750 and up range.

There is a lot of guessing going on with only half the story told so far.

So here is my guess. I think that Leupold is lost without an answer to the Zeiss Conquest which currently eats their lunch performance and price wise.

Leupold will have to come up with a scope that has the glare control and definition of a Conquest otherwise they are just another old name.

With the dollar devauation the Zeiss Scope line was forced to a $50.00 plus price increase for 2008. If the newer VXIII line is of the same clarity as Zeiss they will recapture some U.S. market share.

Doc

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Blackbird
All about price point---the new ones will be cheaper to make and sell for more. More margin for Loopy and less scope for the suckers that buy them. Jezz would think people would catch on.

Loopy is considered a mid line scope now and as long as folks shell out the money for a product that is behind the competition they will smile all the way to the bank...

You really should invest your own money to start a company that makes a scope anywhere as good as a VX-III and sell them for $450. Report back with word of how rich your getting.

Standing by.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Loopie will drop the 1930s focus system and copy the Conquest.
MC4 will go away finally to be replaced with diamondcoat 1 a cheeper version of diamondcoat 2 the current coating they buy from there supplyers for the VX-7.
The new scope will be called the VX-6 and will be cheeper than the VX-7,but more expensive than current models.
Really just a copy of the Conquest.Its there only move.Oh they will come out with some slick adds as always."Good thing the Germans still make beer" and crap like that.But there so far behind now,all they can do is copy the euros.
Sad.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B2

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Dave,

Interesting, and plausable..
Too bad they don't go the whole way with Diamondcoat 2 ???
Leupy does have a huge advantage with their long eye relief, and large eye box however; plus the great warranty.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the guy at Leupold I axed today said they were still in production, course he could have been mouthing the company line...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like the old change from VariX-III to VXIII to me. I bet the new ones are called VX4 and the main feature is an upgrade in price.

Steve

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Its laughable to see what the "zeiss pimps" burp up here from time to time!
I will happily, wholeheartedly and enthusiastically agree with the "based on rationality and real life experiences and unbiased observations" of those like Dog Zapper, Bearstalker, WGM and jds44, ALONG with myself, when they (we) espouse the splendid qualities and performance AND reliabilty of the VX-III 3.5x10x40 - along with so many other of Leupolds scope offerings!!!
I would not consider selling ANY of my Leupolds for a zeiss!
Any blithering and drooling type that burps up that the Conquest will eat the Leupolds lunch is just blithering and drooling!
Rainmen indeed!
You "Raymond" types go get some real experiences, extensive experiences, experiences in varied climes and rugged conditions with both scopes - then report back in about a decade!
There IS a reason that Leupold is the best selling scope in the world!
If you "Raymond" and "pimp" types can't figure it out its your problem and no loss to anyone but yourselves!
Long live Leupold!
Buy American!
Down with the zeig heil zeiss pimps!
Keep the great scopes and the outstanding lineup of offerings COMING there Leupold!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VG good point I know some of those pimps on here are always ranting on the S&B's bashing B & L and Leupold. Then a few weeks later you're reading their posts and you find out they now claim to be Leupold and B & L 6500 owners. Lot of barn yard smells in the air here on the Campfire. LOL

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 08/28/08.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I replaced my Vari-XIII's with B&L 4000 and Bushnell 4200's approximately 13 years ago now and haven't one thought it was a mistake. For me, they perform better all the way around. Got tired of being disappointed with old scopes bearing new names and catchy buzz words.

Roy

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I LOVE my VX-7...

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am waiting for the VX7 technology to appear in a 1" tube scope. I just prefer the 1" to the 30 mm tube: for me it just looks proper. wink

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I'm with HunterJim on this one.

Just about every rifle I have has a VX-III on it.

They thing that will get me to move is the protected Turret.

Spot

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The weight of the VX-7 as I move toward comparatively lighter rifles keeps me from seriously considering them. I'm staying with VariXs and VXs until the weight comes down in the next gen VX-?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
The weight of the VX-7 as I move toward comparatively lighter rifles keeps me from seriously considering them. I'm staying with VariXs and VXs until the weight comes down in the next gen VX-?

Good point about the weight issue.
I was sorry Leupold didn't come out with the VX-7 glass/coatings in a 1" tube, rather than the 30mm tube. And, being a fixed power scope guy, I would have wanted them to do a 4x and 6x fixed power with that good glass. But, wanting the VX-7 glass, I went for a 1.5-6x. It's just too imposing on the Ruger 77 I have it mounted on though.
I'm dragging my feet now, waiting for the new VX series as I would like to have another Leupold for some of the Rem 722's I'm collecting. I'll go with another variable as long as it's a 1" tube, with the good glass.
Wonder when Leupold is going to start deliveries?

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This thread has been an interesting read....a buddy and I were talking about this and he thought they'd be replacing the VX III line with something completely different.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It will be interesting to see what they do to replace the VX-III.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking at the Leupold site and the VX3 is still featured right there.

Not only that but as Mule Deer pointed out that the VX L is selling there is a picture of one on the page.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I talked to the leupold sales rep. He conformed that the vx-lll is done. They are going to make some improvements on it and give it a new name.

(I didn't surrender ether, but they took my horse and made him surrender.)The Outlaw Josey Wales
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 61 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,296
Posts18,487,032
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.