Print Thread
Hop To
#2454 02/04/01
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Does anybody other then muley_stalker have one of these dogs??<P>I just bought another puppy to go with my 2 year old. He is 5 weeks and weighs 17 pounds?<P>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tex:<P>Does he fetch dead pigeons yet? [Linked Image]<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
No but he catchs live ducks for me out back?<BR>Brings them in the house and spits them in your lap. Used to have a Old Rottie that was just great at duck catching!!!<P>tex

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell, I thought this was about the Mt. Range.<P>------------------<BR>Allen

Allen Glore

aglore@gci.net
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Allen: You got like way too much book learning for this here forum.<P>tex

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love dogs, all kinds. Can you post a picture of your new pup?<BR>

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Jim: I know I sound like a bad daddy but I don't have pics of the new one yet.<P>Got pics of the 2 year old, when he was a pup.<P>If you have not seen one, these are big, friendly dogs. Picture a white Saint Bernard/Newfoundland looking dog. Long White hair. Sometimes with patchs of brown also. males run 120 pounds and big ones run 150 to 200 pounds.<P>Theh male I have now isn't that big. MAybe 115 - 120. I had one about ten years ago that was 150 Plus in the winter.<P>This new one was nicknamed tank by its owner. His head was 50 percent bigger then any of the others and was very "bear" shaped? His Mom was even over 150lbs and you don't see many females that large??? He was 5 weeks old yesterday and weighed 17 pounds??<P>Looks like a baby polar bear. Just all soft fluff? You see more of the breed then you used to becauise they have gotten very popular here to guard goats and sheep? It is one of the oldest breeds. <P>Very smart. Very Stubborn! Can be a shard headed as any dog I have ever owned and I usually have 3 to 5 dogs at a time.<P>I'll try to scan in some of my older males pics today! And if muley_stalker redas this I know he has pics because he sent me some of his when I was looking for a pup. His dog has a great thick coat!!! Beautiful dog.<P>Tex<BR>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a pic of one of these monsters -- uhhhh, I mean the dog, not my litte hunting partner [Linked Image]... [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1501826&a=11333317&p=40249374[/img]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Good lord thats a big dog. I take it they are good around kids? Are they inside dogs or do they mainly stay outside. Looks like you would have to kill a couple extra deer every year to keep one happy.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
LSU: They are GREAT dogs. In ancient times they were guard dogs for sheep and goats. They would be left alone with the herd in remote meadows. <P>THEY ARE VERY independent thinking, (grin).<P>Gentle Giants!! I just love these dogs.<P>Calm, Wonderful Dogs.<P>I bet Nuley_stalker's kids don't go outside in the yard without their "guard" dog to protect them?<P>tex

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tex,<P>You can bet your a$$ the kids don't go out without the dogs. The dog is very protective of his "flock." We have more than our fair share of lions and bears around, which is the explicit reason we chose this breed.<P>Independent, calm, gentle, stubborn and hard headed ALL apply.

B
B
I have a Newf/Pyrenees mix he is black with a patch on his chest. only one year old and just hit 130 lbs. He is an overstuffed baby. Only a little more stuborn. He is a very gentle dog when it comes to kids(other dogs is another story).<P>Tell me about hip problems and solutions/prevention.<P>6X6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice doggie! He looks like my Yellow lab, except lots bigger, and with a white fur coat.<P>Now, seein' as how y'all's from Texas, why ain't that little buckaroo (buckarette?) next to him puttin' a saddle on him and ridin' him around? I do notice that a preference for red shoes seem to run in the family. [Linked Image]<P>One more nosey question - is that a horse I see in shadow on the left side of the picture, or a shadow of a horse?

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Jim: Thats muley_staulkers fine family in the photo. He might whack you when he reads you thought he was from Texas. They do not much care for Texans in Colorado.<P>Tex

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim,<P>That's my mt. lion rug!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OOPS! Sorry about that, will read the handle name more closely in the future! [Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,968
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.