Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Let the people who are victims of rape or incest decide, not the Govt. or the thumpers. This along with anyone else, it's their choice, good, bad or evil.

I agree, people are responsible for thier own choices and good or bad they have to live with choices they make.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ditto

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Quite possibly this is the only planet in any universe with life as we know it, and we humans have such teriffic mental/social capabilities! Why are we so stupid and backwards as to not practice interaction in a way that we all benefit from? Find some deterent to stop rape and incest. Maybe it would be socially almost unacceptable, but find some way to use what reasoning we've been blessed with to do some good, instead of growling at each other like a pack of dogs. You know what I'm talking about---find and practice a way to stop these crimes against each other from repeating themselves over and over. Obviously what we find socially acceptable as a deterrent to rape and incest today is not worth the paper it's written on. Let's get real with crime and punishment...to the point that crime stops because of the use of effective deterrents. It's not rocket science, yet we let this anamalistic crap continue unabated. We're pathetic, considering how much better we COULD be doing things.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Let the people who are victims of rape or incest decide, not the Govt. or the thumpers. This along with anyone else, it's their choice, good, bad or evil.

I agree, people are responsible for thier own choices and good or bad they have to live with choices they make.

Unfortunately the rapists and incestors (sp) don't give a tinker's damn about other peoples' opinion of good and bad.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I respect your opinion, but it is the opinion of someone who does not believe abortion to be the murder of a child.

If I asked you if it should be personal choice to take the life of a one year old, what would your reply be?

Could you stand by and watch a person take the life of a one year old?

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's a pretty late term abortion...is that what we're talking about here?

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I respect your opinion, but it is the opinion of someone who does not believe abortion to be the murder of a child.

If I asked you if it should be personal choice to take the life of a one year old, what would your reply be?

Could you stand by and watch a person take the life of a one year old?

I am pretty sure that most of here would agree that the only option in dealing with a one year old would be adopotion. wink

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have no problem with you thinking any way you want. If you are hinting that conservatives are the "good guys", however, I would respectfully disagree with that. No, I am not saying they are the "bad guys"...just that they are not all good. There are good and bad conservative folks, just as there are good and bad liberals. (My guess is that there are more closet pro-choice conservatives than you think....particularly those whose daughters have been victims of rape.)

A
abc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The hunter's campfire.

There are 159 members currently on the hunter's campfire, 14 members on the general hunting forum, 24 members on the elk hunting forum, and 13 members on the deer hunting forum. That is 37 members on the on the hunting forums and 159 worried about abortion.

I would think on a hunter's campfire that on would want to talk about hunting. I wonder how many of these 159 members are going to do some serious hunting this fall. I plan on killing 3 antelope, 2 elk and a deer if I see one big enough then go to New Zealand in for the month of April.

Abortion is not going to be ended and even if it was those with the finances are going to Cananda, Mexico or Europe. And those with out the finances are going to have there babies and the goverment is going to pay.

Enough is Enough I am sending a check to the local family planning clinic today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
That's a pretty late term abortion...is that what we're talking about here?

No not really, I'm making the point that for those who believe an embryo to be a living child, what is the difference between that embryo and a one year old child? They are both a living child in some's beliefs, so suggesting to those who believe this way the "to each their own" argument is just as futile as suggesting to you that the killing of a one year old should be left to personal choice..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by abc
The hunter's campfire.

There are 159 members currently on the hunter's campfire, 14 members on the general hunting forum, 24 members on the elk hunting forum, and 13 members on the deer hunting forum. That is 37 members on the on the hunting forums and 159 worried about abortion.

I would think on a hunter's campfire that on would want to talk about hunting. I wonder how many of these 159 members are going to do some serious hunting this fall. I plan on killing 3 antelope, 2 elk and a deer if I see one big enough then go to New Zealand in for the month of April.

Abortion is not going to be ended and even if it was those with the finances are going to Cananda, Mexico or Europe. And those with out the finances are going to have there babies and the goverment is going to pay.

Enough is Enough I am sending a check to the local family planning clinic today.

It never ends that parade of newcomers arriving and dictating forum policy. Head on over to the mentioned forums if polotics isn't your bag, but why show up and try to change a forum where thousands of other members are content with the layout?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your never going to outlaw abortion, it'll be done, without regard to laws,if need be.

You have to remember that there are doctors, who believe the choice, should be left up to the woman. These doctors will not have any issues sleeping at night, and neither will the women who visit these doctors.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Originally Posted by NeBassman

Unfortunately the rapists and incestors (sp) don't give a tinker's damn about other peoples' opinion of good and bad.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Your correct that those criminals who are committing rape and incest, don't care about the victim's rights.

As you also stated, at the present time, there's not much of a deterrent, to keep the criminals from committing rape and incest upon their victims.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The usual problem with abortion 'discussions' is that neither side is willing to give an inch.
Killing babies is wrong. However, thare are circumstances where a reasonable person would give the ok for an abortion.
Sadly, one side says NEVER, and the other side says ANYTIME.

Lack of compromise will keept this issue going forever.

Sam,

You've pretty much centered up on this nail, when it comes to the lack of compromise. Though when I looked at a recent poll, it turns out that folks views on abortion are not truly black and white ( here in the U.S). 25% say always, 4% say never, and the rest are varying degrees of yes/no based on circumstances.

For instance (and let the flames begin) I personally do not believe that humanity begins at conception, but can understand why a lot of people are inclined. To me, abortion is not morally repugnant before about the 6th week or so after conception. This is an extremely arbitrary point, but is based on fetal development, plus is about a month after a woman would be missing her menstrual cycle.

Regards,
Scott

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It used to be that Republicans wanted to keep government out of the bedroom. Now, they get into the bedrooom in terms of abortion (choice) or homosexulaity (gay rights), depending on your leanings. These are non-compromise issues with many people and just serve to divide us as Americans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
It used to be that Republicans wanted to keep government out of the bedroom. Now, they get into the bedrooom in terms of abortion (choice) or homosexulaity (gay rights), depending on your leanings. These are non-compromise issues with many people and just serve to divide us as Americans.

The old right to privacy joke. Since when is leagl and illegal defined by whether or not it is done behind closed doors?
Let's see, I think Roe vs Wade was the last tme.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sure wouldn't blame God for rapists. Seems truly bizarre that God would plan the rape of a woman.

But, not any stranger than the case in our small town; where a local girl left for college two years ago and slept with at least 6 different black guys her friends said, and got pregnant by one. The family said that was God's plan.

I never realized that God encouraged indiscriminate sex with as many partners as possible. But then I'm told on these kinds of threads that God's plans are his own.

As far as abortion, for pregnancy by rape or incest, abortion should be readily available.

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hmmm.....Seems the "Church Lady" has disappeared. C'mon Sassy...Your answers to my questions should be interesting.

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I agree: Seems bizarre that God would plan a rape. What, then, do we say to the faithful who say that God plans everything...That everything that happens is part of God's divine plan??

Interesting question: If God is responsible for all the good...Why is he/she not responsible for the bad?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Abortion is a religious thing. Christians and Pagans are never going to agree.

As to GPA, he made sense on this thread.

Now flame away!!!! grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.