-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Others can answer your questions, GPA... but not I. I'm done having conversations with you.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I would like to ask a serious question.

Why do Christians oppose abortion so much?

There is no prohibition against it in the Bible.

But there is... one of the ten commandments says, "You shall not commit murder." The taking of an innocent life is murder.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Therein lies the rub. Most human's I know breath oxygen.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

As the bumper sticker says, "It's not a choice. It's a child."

Penny

How about this for a bumper sticker, "It's not your choice. It's not your child."

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter1960
These doctors will not have any issues sleeping at night, and neither will the women who visit these doctors.

I can't speak for the doctors, but I have personally known a number of women who have very real difficulties sleeping at night because of abortions they have had. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it would be the rare woman who would be able to sleep soundly...

Penny

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GPA
Hmmm.....Seems the "Church Lady" has disappeared. C'mon Sassy...Your answers to my questions should be interesting.

If you're talking about this "church lady," I have a full-time job and a life beyond the Campfire.

But as I told you in my previous post, I'm not interested in responding to any questions you might ask.

Penny

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

What has always done it for me is the observation that the fetus is a

1. LIVING
2. HUMAN
3. INDIVIDUAL.

All three of those attributes are completely uncontroversial. Remove any one of them, and I'd have no problem with disposing of the result; but with all three present, I have to say the fetus is a person.

I believe abortion is murder. I don't, in principle, oppose it being outlawed as a violation of a person's right to life.

However, from a practical point of view I have never seen a law against abortion that I could support. I don't denigrate the possibility that someday someone smarter than I will come up with such a law; but so far the proposed laws I have seen are either ineffectual, unenforceable, or would lead to an even wider violation of individual rights.

Of course, Roe v. Wade is itself an abortion of jurisprudence and a national embarrassment, and should be overturned on those grounds alone.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've also know some women that were content with their decision to abort. Obviously a 10 year old isn't of the mind to figure it out on her own, but she was of the body to get pregnant by her grandfather.

I am glad they made the decision to abort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
As to GPA, he made sense on this thread.

Now flame away!!!! grin

No, he didn't make any sense at all. But I'd rather respond to those who ask questions sincerely than feed the trolls.

Penny

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
I believe that while the circumstances of a child's conception may not be perfect in God's eyes (rape, sex with the football team etc) the child is. The plan God has isn't or wasn't so much for the conception but the life that followed.

Beautifully said!!! You've got it. God takes our wrong choices and decisions and the evil acts of people and brings good out of them.

Penny

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Then one had better start handing out Social Security numbers during sex.

I'm not one to abort but I'd fight any of you that would force a 10 year old to carry a baby that is the product of her being raped by a family member. You can all kiss my ass on that one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Huh???? confused

Penny

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can jam my head up a woman's you know what but I had better pull out in a few minutes because I wouldn't be able to breath in there.

That is the litmus test for human. If one breaths liquid they are a fish.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lumpia
How about this for a bumper sticker, "It's not your choice. It's not your child."

Then we should allow people to kill others if they wish, hm? Someone mentioned a year-old child. Is that okay?

Penny

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Taking it to the extreme Penny. If it was outlawed, would you send a 10 year old that had an abortion to jail?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And for the record, I think there are plenty of over 40 folks that should be considered for abortion........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Then one had better start handing out Social Security numbers during sex.

I'm not one to abort but I'd fight any of you that would force a 10 year old to carry a baby that is the product of her being raped by a family member. You can all kiss my ass on that one.

I agree. I would never abort a child even if my wife was raped. But what right does someone else have to tell someone else that they can't? Unless you volunteer the time and money to raise that child, and adopt as many children as you can possibly afford, I cannot support something that takes away someone's individual rights that drastically effect their life.

Originally Posted by Barak

What has always done it for me is the observation that the fetus is a

1. LIVING
2. HUMAN
3. INDIVIDUAL.

All three of those attributes are completely uncontroversial. Remove any one of them, and I'd have no problem with disposing of the result; but with all three present, I have to say the fetus is a person.

Can you count a fetus as an individual before it can live outside the mother's body?

Can you count a fetus as living before it can live outside the mother's body?

As Steelhead said, humans breathe air. Fetus's lungs and airways are not developed to a point that they can breathe air until at least 16 weeks. So does a fetus count as a human before it can breathe air?

Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Then we should allow people to kill others if they wish, hm? Someone mentioned a year-old child. Is that okay?

Penny

A one year old child can breathe air. If the mother perish's the child can survive. It has developed airways.

Once again, I do not personally support abortion, however I want the government to stay out of people's business. It is a personal choice, and the government needs to stay out of people's personal choices.

Last edited by Lumpia; 09/30/08.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That is not the average abortion situation. It is probably something like 1 in a million, or even less than that.

Penny

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If one breaths liquid they are a fish.

So right up until the moment that the baby takes its first breath on its own after birth, it is not human???? Hmmmmm....

Penny

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 61 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.