Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Taking it to the extreme Penny. If it was outlawed, would you send a 10 year old that had an abortion to jail?

Of course not.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
But it is a situation I saw first hand when I was a volunteer for the Florida Guardian ad Litem program.

So how would you deal with that?

Methinks if you and Barak spent less time preaching to those how committed rape and incest and put that effort towards raising kids that were born out of incest, you would have more credit.

The fact the Barak talks about preaching to incest dudes, but not spending time looking in the face of a pregnant 10 year old speaks VOLUMES about your priorities.

I'll take a heathen that gives a damn about LIVING, BREATHING children any day over a believer that preaches to RAPISTS.

YMMV

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lumpia
Once again, I do not personally support abortion, however I want the government to stay out of people's business. It is a personal choice, and the government needs to stay out of people's personal choices.

What if I get sick of the folks in the house next door parking in my driveway, and I decide to make sure that they really never do it again... by going over and shooting them. The government ought to stay out of my personal choice, right?

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
If one breaths liquid they are a fish.

So right up until the moment that the baby takes its first breath on its own after birth, it is not human???? Hmmmmm....

Penny

So a baby with no airways is a magic human?

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Or Aqua Man's kid.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What if I get sick of the folks in the house next door parking in my driveway, and I decide to make sure that they really never do it again... by going over and shooting them. The government ought to stay out of my personal choice, right?

Penny

The neighbor parking in your driveway can breathe air. If you kill their mother, they will continue to live. They have developed airways.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But it is a situation I saw first hand when I was a volunteer for the Florida Guardian ad Litem program.

So how would you deal with that?

I don't know... I'd have to think about it. That would probably be a case of one life vs. another... rather than simply getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy (i.e. forcing a 10 year-old to bear a child would be a real medical risk to her).

Methinks if you and Barak spent less time preaching to those how committed rape and incest and put that effort towards raising kids that were born out of incest, you would have more credit.

Barak and I both go where God leads us, and He has led us into prison. And it's God's credit that interests me, no one else's.

The fact the Barak talks about preaching to incest dudes, but not spending time looking in the face of a pregnant 10 year old speaks VOLUMES about your priorities.

To be honest, I doubt we could find a pregnant 10 year-old if we tried. But as I said above, we go where God leads us. It's always the best place to be and the highest priority to have.

I'll take a heathen that gives a damn about LIVING, BREATHING children any day over a believer that preaches to RAPISTS.

I know you've got your own personal reasons for hating those in prison. And I would never suggest that you go spend time with those who are there. I wouldn't presume to tell you what your priorities should be; please don't tell me what mine should be.

Penny

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not surprising: When threatened and your beliefs begin to quake, then just stick your head in the sand and pretend you are right and old GPS is wrong!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not sure what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that the presence of airways is what makes something human? I thought it was the cell DNA...

Penny

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Full time job?? Not in French Literature, is it?

IC B3

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Say what??....You are beginning to sound like Herr Howell.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Pretty good cop out. I say deal with those that need the help (children) and not rapists.

Rapists/incest freaks are adults you deal with, they had their chance at making the correct decision. I on the other hand will continue to help KIDS that haven't had the chance yet.

I do know that one blanket statement doesn't cover the situation and every case is it's own. Barak mentioned INDIVIDUAL, well every ABORTION case is an individual basis, just as every murderer/rapist you deal with I guess.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Not sure what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that the presence of airways is what makes something human? I thought it was the cell DNA...

Penny

Ironic that we not summon up Science.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Penny

Oh it is, but human blood has DNA in it, if I cut my finger and a drop of blood lands on the floor. Did I just kill part of myself? By your thinking, when you conceive a child, you just committed 49,999,999 acts of murder. Each sperm has DNA in it, and it dies when they don't get in. That's an awful lot of sin.

My point is that you can't make other people's decisions for them. You can give them guidance about what you think is right. You can attempt to help them through the problem. You cannot make the decision for them. If someone wants to have an abortion, you can try to change their mind about it. You can offer your council about the situation. But if they still decide to go through with it. Your conscience should be clear. You tried to do your part. You tried to help them see the light. But in the end, the only people that abortion affects is the people making the decision to do so, the doctor doing the abortion, and God. Trying to force it down other people's throat is only going to make them push you further away.

Last edited by Lumpia; 09/30/08.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But in the end, the only people that abortion affects is the people making the decision to do so, the doctor doing the abortion, and God.

You left out someone... the child who is being killed.

Penny

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I know you've got your own personal reasons for hating those in prison. And I would never suggest that you go spend time with those who are there. I wouldn't presume to tell you what your priorities should be; please don't tell me what mine should be.

No you don't know. But you are correct, I shouldn't presume to tell you what to do, nor should you presume to tell a 10 year old (or any age) incest victim what their priorities should be.

Shame on you.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
For the record, a child RAPED is already a child killed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But in the end, the only people that abortion affects is the people making the decision to do so, the doctor doing the abortion, and God.

You left out someone... the child who is being killed.

Penny

Fair enough. You are not that child, you are not the person having the abortion, you are not the doctor doing the abortion, and you are certainly not God. So you are not involved, it does not affect you.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
But she cares enough to help those that have committed the crime. Screw the victims.

Besides, it's far easier to keep an audience when they are surrounded by bars.

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 29aholic, 264mag, 31 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.