Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ok Penny, silly me, I was just following the topic of the thread

But What About Victims of Rape and Incest?

Seems my points are rather germane, considering.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You bring up a good point that blackens the eyes of the "rollers": Abortion is bad...but bombing clinics and killing doctors who might perform abortions is OK....Weird the way these suckers think!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Originally Posted by Steelhead
But it is a situation I saw first hand when I was a volunteer for the Florida Guardian ad Litem program.

So how would you deal with that?

I don't know... I'd have to think about it. That would probably be a case of one life vs. another... rather than simply getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy (i.e. forcing a 10 year-old to bear a child would be a real medical risk to her).

Methinks if you and Barak spent less time preaching to those how committed rape and incest and put that effort towards raising kids that were born out of incest, you would have more credit.

Barak and I both go where God leads us, and He has led us into prison. And it's God's credit that interests me, no one else's.

The fact the Barak talks about preaching to incest dudes, but not spending time looking in the face of a pregnant 10 year old speaks VOLUMES about your priorities.

To be honest, I doubt we could find a pregnant 10 year-old if we tried. But as I said above, we go where God leads us. It's always the best place to be and the highest priority to have.

I'll take a heathen that gives a damn about LIVING, BREATHING children any day over a believer that preaches to RAPISTS.

I know you've got your own personal reasons for hating those in prison. And I would never suggest that you go spend time with those who are there. I wouldn't presume to tell you what your priorities should be; please don't tell me what mine should be.

Penny

Religion and alcohol have much in common including-----they should be taken in moderation. While some feel what you and your better half do is a honorable thing with the inmates I truely feel that public hangings would do more good!! Rapists and murderers----kill them all then let the worms have them. mad

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Lumpia
Barak, you have commited 80,000 acts of murder in the last 2 minutes. 80,000 skin cells containing DNA fell from your body and died.

A skin cell is LIVING and HUMAN, but not an INDIVIDUAL. Same for the cancerous tumor being discussed awhile back. Neither has any rights; therefore there are no rights to be violated.

A corpse is HUMAN and INDIVIDUAL, but not LIVING. Again, no rights.

An eight-point whitetail buck is a LIVING INDIVIDUAL, but not HUMAN. No rights.

But a fetus is all three; therefore, in my book, imbued with human rights.

There have certainly been people in history who did not ascribe human rights to LIVING HUMAN INDIVIDUALs. Generally, though, those situations tend not to turn out well.

A fetus in the first trimester is the same as a corpse, no pulse, can't breathe air. It's a bunch of cells made up with human DNA. We're talking scientifically here.

Last edited by Lumpia; 09/30/08.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course, because they are in prison. Where else would folks line up to hear an autistic cop phoebe talk?

Huh? I don't understand.

Hey, Penny...how many prisons is Kairos in worldwide these days? I've served in five, or six to press a point. Subtract those six, add up the populations of all the others, and there's your group of folks who'd come to Kairos even if it didn't have me.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What are you going to try for a law now that says I have to go look for murders in my area to try to subdue them?

Did I say that? Sheesh.

What about if they have a gun and you don't? Are you going to charge them and hope that God's Will is going to keep you from being shot? Now what if the person being murdered was a doctor who performed abortions? Would you be ok with it then?

This has veered way off the main topic and into the realm of lunacy. I'm about ready to go and grade exams (which is what I should have been doing for the last hour...)

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best response I've heard to the issue is, if you believe someone should be killed in the case of rape and incest, by all means kill the perpetrator of the crime, not the innocent child.

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
So....What you are saying is that you favor abortion in SOME cases, right?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Did I say that? Sheesh.

This has veered way off the main topic and into the realm of lunacy. I'm about ready to go and grade exams (which is what I should have been doing for the last hour...)

Penny

I'm just taking things to the same extreme that you do. Just in a different direction.

Last edited by Lumpia; 09/30/08.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The best response I've heard to the issue is, if you believe someone should be killed in the case of rape and incest, by all means kill the perpetrator of the crime, not the innocent child.

So who decides if a child carries the kid, you?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A fetus in the first trimester is the same as a corpse, no pulse, can't breathe air. It's a bunch of cells made up with human DNA. We're talking scientifically here.

Not the same as a corpse. A fetus is alive.

If it's not alive, why do you need an abortion to kill it?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The don't need one to kill it, just to remove it.

Abortion brings the little kid out in you.

A
abc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Penny. What is a Kairos prison? I have heard of the Kairos Foundation and there life trainning course is that the same.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barak

Not the same as a corpse. A fetus is alive.

If it's not alive, why do you need an abortion to kill it?

Been over this before, but here goes. Then just take it out of the mother and put it in another mother. If it's alive then it should have no problem being moved from one host body to another host body.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's what folks that can't relate to people do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GPA
You bring up a good point that blackens the eyes of the "rollers": Abortion is bad...but bombing clinics and killing doctors who might perform abortions is OK....Weird the way these suckers think!

I know many pro-life folks, none of which think that bombing an abortion clinic is okay.

Taking an extreme example and pretending that everyone is like that is just plain, well, stupid...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's what you have been doing Penny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Taking an extreme example and pretending that everyone is like that is just plain, well, stupid...

Penny

Which is exactly what you are doing when you put all abortions in one basket. I don't know of anyone that is using abortion as a steady form of birth control. That is an extreme example, and you are pretending that everyone is like that. And that's just plain, well, stupid....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by abc
Penny. What is a Kairos prison? I have heard of the Kairos Foundation and there life trainning course is that the same.

I don't believe so. We're connected with Kairos Prison Ministry International. You can find out about it here.

If you click on the "Ministry Map" link to the left, you can see if Kairos is active in your state or country.

Penny

Last edited by Barak's Womn; 09/30/08. Reason: Oops! Mistyped the link.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's what folks that can't relate to people do.

Okay, Scott. I'm done with you as well. mad When you want to be nasty, you can be nasty with the best of them.

Go be nasty with someone else. I'm not taking any more of your abuse.

Penny

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.