Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The bear begged us to shoot it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow you would be pretty screwed if they went to copper only in TN if the TSX and Etip are two hard.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Tim_in_TN
I guess being hired by someone who thought they sucked don`t count either.....

You got hired because he thought you sucked, guess you proved him right. That would make you a, never mind.........

How about people who mail other members wives pictures of their private parts---that would make you a, never mind........ grin Never thought that would get out did ya! shocked

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm starting to feel like we have a new E, only here in the reloading forum instead of optics, and with AB's instead of Leupolds...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Blackbird
I guess being hired by someone who thought they sucked don`t count either.....

You got hired because he thought you sucked, guess you proved him right. That would make you a, never mind.........

How about people who mail other members wives pictures of their private parts---that would make you a, never mind........ grin Never thought that would get out did ya! shocked

Wish I could think of something intelligent to say...... eek

I avoid this whole conversation by simply not shooting any TSX...at anything.... whistle

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The bear begged us to shoot it.

TFF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My experience with them was pitiful. Poor accuracy.

My experience with custom Hart and Krieger barrels that shoot incredibly, would not be able to stay here if only fed Barnes.

Its that bad.

So why even consider the value of the hardness?
I'm sorry, but I'll have to call bullshit on that one. I've tried TSXs on every caliber from 416 Rigby down to 257 Weatherby and they are the most consistently accurate bullet I've ever used, PERIOD. As to the Accubomb, I guess they are fine on deer, but I've had way too many friends with significant world-wide experience that have encountered spotty performance from the AB. I used to think the TSX was going to be too hard for deer, but this past season I used the 140TSX on a few deer on our Alabama lease and they hammered them. Good exit sounds and massive internal damage. Are they "needed" for deer? not nessesarily, but ABs, not for me. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree Jorge, it perplexes me a bit (not that it takes much to do that...<g> when people say that they've had issues in getting the TSX's to run.

Personally, I have my own thoughts on why that is but I'll refrain for once from pissing on the Wheaties...grins

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
In my admittedly limited experience the TSX shoots better than the Accubond, FWIW.

In my brothers M77 UL the 110 AB shoots very well, in my .257 Custom the 100 TSX is better. Both are great bullets IMO and perfectly designed for deer the way I hunt them.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Heck, I've hardly had a problem getting regular X bullets to shoot, TSX's have been even more of a good thing. Of course my sampling size has only been 40 rifles or so, not including pards.

In fact, I've only had one bullet that ever gave me fits in a few rifles and that was the Hornady Interbond, but it does well in a few of my '06s so go figure.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I keep waiting for someone to challenge someone else to a duel over the honor of Barnes bullets.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I could care less if someone can't get them to shoot or don't like them. As with most things on here, what is funny is dudes proclaiming on which they have no experience.

If the question was "Is the Barnes TSX Accurate" than Timmy's replies would have some basis. But since Timmy has apparently not shot a critter with them, but he still passes judgment, that is what is funny to me.

Akin to the dudes saying a 223 won't kill deer, but have never tried it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
My experience with them was pitiful. Poor accuracy.

My experience with custom Hart and Krieger barrels that shoot incredibly, would not be able to stay here if only fed Barnes.

Its that bad.

So why even consider the value of the hardness?
I'm sorry, but I'll have to call bullshit on that one. I've tried TSXs on every caliber from 416 Rigby down to 257 Weatherby and they are the most consistently accurate bullet I've ever used, PERIOD. As to the Accubomb, I guess they are fine on deer, but I've had way too many friends with significant world-wide experience that have encountered spotty performance from the AB. I used to think the TSX was going to be too hard for deer, but this past season I used the 140TSX on a few deer on our Alabama lease and they hammered them. Good exit sounds and massive internal damage. Are they "needed" for deer? not nessesarily, but ABs, not for me. jorge

I agree, I've not seen a TSX not shoot and shoot very well. My 300 Win shoots the TSX in the mid .3 MOA consistnetly as the sun comes up.
As to the hardness issuse I have taken game out to as far as 777 YARDS and they performed perfectly...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
RIch dudes.... generally had the sense to make tons of money but can be ignorant in rifle things.... just cause a hole was poked, who knows where it was poked..... phew, got that off my shoulders.

Deer wise, its been said, and truthfully, a 22lr is all one needs for a whitetail... but that a TSX won't kill a deer, what a crock of [bleep].... only from an azzholes mouth IMHO. I've seen many more cup and core failures and so far no X type failures from jackrabbits up to moose and eland. Heck I"m the poor soul that went to X bullets because a centered neck shot on the spinal column from a 300 wtby at appx 125 yards with a 180 partition(one of the top bullets for cup and core right?) only paralyzed that buck. He was over 200 pounds which is large for us here, and that bullet snapped the neck but was disentegrated on that spine right there as we cut the meat, jacket, frags etc..... I killed him with an illegal 22 pistol shot to the heart. Many years back already. Circa early 80s... Now if one of the best Noslers can't make 2 holes in a whitetails neck, I'd never trust a friggin accubond to do better....

I prepare for what may be offered, not for the best case scenarios.

As to the whining of bullet cost, if you are running Kriegers, you should just STFU... bullet cost is nothing compared. And I run Kriegers... I"d never complain about even a dollar or more for a game bullet, its small in the scheme, we are allowed 5 deer here. Lets see, I'm shoooting a custom rifle with a Krieger tube but that 5 dollars "extra" is going to break me.

Hardness has worked fine down to 30 yards for me so far and out to 802 so far....

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This entire thread is proof that thread count has nothing to do with the experience level or the veracity of a poster tired

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
From shooting deer with the TSX, No they aren't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And here I thought this was going to be an informative thread... Shows how much I know! I've never dipped into the Barnes pool, I've always been satisfied with Nosler Ballistic Tips and Partitions for all of my hunting, but I will not go down the juvenile route of Tim in TN, I'm sure the Barnes work just fine, lots of dead critters to prove it. I wonder what life was like when people just shot whatever was at the local hardware store...
Selmer

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In fact, I've only had one bullet that ever gave me fits in a few rifles and that was the Hornady Interbond, but it does well in a few of my '06s so go figure.

The 165 Interbond is the most accurate bullet I've shot in my '06. Haven't tried 'em in anything else yet, but I'll be giving the 139 a try in my son's 7mm-08 soon.

Weiners are health food - My dad
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I feel that someone who has never recovered a TSX from game is because he has not shot them enough.
[Linked Image]

And I also feel that if you have never experienced a problem with them it is for the same reason. The two below were recovered from a mountain grizzly.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BBerg.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those below are the reason I like the new tipped version (TTSX) to initiate expansion...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,187
Posts18,503,347
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.