Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Actually, Jesus said to Peter on how many times to forgive my brother "seventy times seven times." That doesn't mean keep track til you hit 490. It means always forgive your brother. And since GOd is willing to do the same thing (he said it), then he will forgive anyone at anytime. He would forgive a mass murderer on his death bed who truly believes. There is no point in life where you can commit only so many sins til no matter if you believe in God, you're going to burn. Unless you accept Christ, but then you don't want to sin.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll just pray for my enemies and try to live my life as I feel I should and try to do right by everyone. <P>BW- I wasn't disagreeing with you at all! I'm just glad to see a site where men and women don't act like God is a four letter word [Linked Image]<P>Mike<P>------------------<BR>God, Family, Country.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ready-on-the-Right,<P>I don't feel like I'm being picked on! [Linked Image]<P>We have several different thoughts on the subject here. That's no problem with me.<P>When the very experienced folks like Ken and Biig Dawg express they're thoughts, which slightly differ from mine, I take that to heart. Those two gentleman were chosen by God to preach his Word, I respect that, and would be hard pressed to dispute it!<P>Don't for a minute, think that I'm high-minded and righteous enough to forgive those criminals myself! I only hope to not interfere with Gods wrath. Nor interfere with his plans for redemption, even for criminals who murder.<P>Abortion and the death penalty are two issues which we deal with as Christians. Heck, I'm still busy dealing with my own greed, hate, lust, and other "earthly desires", to get all high-minded over issues like these! [Linked Image]<P>No offense taken here...<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
"As a man does, so shall it do be done to him" It's in the bible...I believe in the old testement.<P>It is hard for me to believe that the process of execueting a person costs more than 5 years of prison time. I don't know the exact cost, but it costs atleast $50 a day to keep a person in prison, or over $18,000 a year.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think an eye for an eye (what slinky is talking about, I think) is in either Exodus or Leviticus, but definately before the book of Joshua. <BR> Of course, turning the other cheek is in the book of Matthew, the first book in the New Testament.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Anybody read the book yet?<p>[This message has been edited by Mssgn/Mike (edited April 21, 2001).]

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The sad part is that we all know that anything we say here can and will be used against us in a court of law ....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BW- I hear you man!! I'm in the same boat with you! <P>It seems strange that McVeigh is in Terre Haute, IN that's 20 miles from where I was born and lived until age 12. (Clinton, IN)<P>Mike<P>------------------<BR>God, Family, Country.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
We don't have the death penalty here in Canada, but there are many of us that think we should have. Big Hunter and a few others share my thoughts on what should be done with murderers and the like. My 2 cents.......deadeye

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Some days you're the dog. Some days you're the hydrant.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Might also point out the fact that O.J. was found guilty, just not in a criminal court. So, one court finds him guilty, one found him not guilty, now did he break the law?<BR>Does not matter--- one court proved him guilty, one did not.<BR>If an innocent man goes to jail and a guilty man goes free which do you think cares about the truth and justice?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
First: here the solution for people opposed to the death penalty. Give the criminallife, but once a year at a set date, put the prisoner for a week in isolation, and put in his cell a cup with a sugar coated poison pill. During this week he can end his misery himself or prolong it, whatever he chooses to do. Next year the same scenario.<BR>My personal thoughts are that if we can release people with enough certainty based on DNA, we can execute them with equal certainty based on DNA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slinky, -- no post number to refer to, the New Testament replaced the Old Testament. As for cost of keeping a prisoner check on the cost to keep a person in a nursing home, up to $35,000 a year. My five day hospital stay over $90,000. Oh Yes, judge not lest you be judged. The bible is a very deep subject and religion has been argued since AD. Hope this campfire don't get off in the wilderness that has no end for mortals. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
It's pretty clear cut....plain and simple.<BR>In order to keep human beings with free wills in check in our society,....there has to be, and has been, certain laws set in place,.....consequences for your actions. One of these consequences is......you kill babys.....you in turn or killed. You killed innocent women and children....you in turn or killed. I am not judging him but to say, he knew before he committed the horrible act against our women and children and undoubtedly many good men.....that the result of his actions would be his own life.....no, I'm not judginging him.....he judged himself......<BR>DS

'Slayer
W
W
In my humble opinion, and yes I do very much belive in GOD and do understand that JESUS forgave those who crucified him while dying on the cross, there can not be any form of death painful enough for Mr.Mcveigh.<BR>If heaven is full of child molesters and murderers, than I do not care to stand next to them.<BR>As far as I am concerned, Mr. Mcveigh should have a stick of TNT shoved up his rectum, than be splashed from head to toe with gasoline and lit on fire on prime time television. Let the ******* dance around and cook for a few moments before the TNT rectal turns him into fertilizer and see what he has to say at the moment he gets to meet his maker.<BR>I can not imagine the pain and anguish that he has caused to so many people whose lives were forever changed by his act of cowardice directed at innocent people and children.<P><BR>LIVE WELL,LAUGH OFTEN AND HUNT ALL YOU CAN,WHILE YOU STIL CAN!<P><BR>WHAMP

DON J.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,826
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.