Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wapiti two is is loaded & set for lift off.

ETA for rendezvous with Wapiti one at CO 1st rifle season base camp is Thurs Oct 9 6:20 PM.

I'm at work this morning... well, my mindless carcass is here anyway.

It's going to be a long day.

Wapiti two is made up of an excellent crew, we'll switch off drivers/co pilots & run straight through to base camp which was set up last night by Wapiti one & crew.

The driving will be all of 24 hours for us.

Mrs. ND will be kind enough to post updates as I am able to communicate them to her.

I have along with me J elky's campfire knife which he has so generously sent along with me to bloody on what will be the first of many campfire adventures. I'm very proud to be the first to take this knife along on a hunt, I'll take pictures, enclose them along with a brief hunt story & send the pics & page one of the knife's hunt diary back to J elky & he will hopefully find another adventure for the knife shortly after receiving it back.
Here's the knife.

[Linked Image]

That's all i've got for this morning.

it's gonna be a long day.

Dave

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Best of luck on the trip. I know about the 24 hour shots, we've done them more than once over the years. Mostly to Camp Perry Ohio, but recently to CO a few times and hopefully soon enough to a Wyoming cow elk hunt.

Good luck on the hunt!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yall have a safe journey to camp!! No doubt yall will have an unforgettable time out there grin

And, you're right, it's gonna be a long day for ya, hopefully it goes fast grin

Best of luck for a VERY uneventful road trip wink

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

So, what part of the state are you headed for?

Good news, looks like some weather will be moving in for most parts of the state sometime Friday--pray for 4-6 inches of fresh powder--the ultimate in elk hunting........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Goog luck Dave, have a safe trip.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I got mixed feelings about the white stuff Casey, I could take it or leave it.

I've hunted with it & without it.... I dunno... we've done just as well without it & stayed drier doing so laugh

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Travel safe, have a blast, and don't break the truck grin

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whut HBB said +10

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just put one in the boiler room Dave, and enjoy all that follows!

Have a safe trip, and don't forget....in CO you can shoot Coyotes on any big game license!!!

Keith

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by frogman43
and don't forget....in CO you can shoot Coyotes on any big game license!!!

Keith

That bit of info just made my day!! grin

might not be much left to hang on the cabin wall with the kind of holes my wapiti guns make... but if I see one... I will not pass up the opportunity!!

Something clever here.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I've hunted with it & without it.... I dunno... we've done just as well without it & stayed drier doing so laugh

The ultimate hunting is cruising behind a hot set of tracks, with 4-12 inches of fresh powder, deep in the spruce-fir jungles looking to jump shoot a bull........

Pray for snow....... smile

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a safe and sucessfull trip .
Double check the memory cards and camera batteries wink

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by northern_dave

The ultimate hunting is cruising behind a hot set of tracks, with 4-12 inches of fresh powder, deep in the spruce-fir jungles looking to jump shoot a bull........

Pray for snow....... smile

Casey

Been there done that Casey, it's like you just took a scene out of my memory & described it to me. I'll never forget it.

Busted a big bull out of his bed in the dark timber on year following his track in fresh snow... I didn't get a shot off in the split second opportunity I had but still the same, I'll never forget it.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Safe trip and good luck to ya Dave, by the way, did ya hide the nudie mags from your wife? grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Bueno suerte amigo! Let us know how it went, and how the truck did.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's to a safe trip and an abundance of filled tags among your party. Don't need to tell you to have fun cause I'm sure you will.

Sassy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave,

I've been there with trying to work the day you leave for a hutning trip. A few years ago my hunting partner and I both worked at the same paper mill. We were supposed to leave for a antelope trip at noon, the boss kicked us out at about 9am, said we were mentally gone already, might as well be physically gone also.

Which route you taking?

Have a safe trip and hope you kill the heck out of the elk.

Jeff

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
west across dakota then drop south across Wy & down into cO.

possibly Dickinson ND to Spearfish SD to Gillette Wy, Casper, Rawlins, Craig & on.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
ND is like a zombie of sorts at the moment. Sitting at his desk with the blank stare of a cadavor. The only noticable movement comes from his lips as the incoherant muttering that seems to revolve around the often spoke of wapiti tipping trip. The only reason I have not called the medical response team is the faint "Wapiti" call I hear from the direction of his office from time to time. He is alive although very dilusional at the moment. If the 24 hour road trip doesn't snap him out of it, I'm sure the second that he lights off ole Roy all will be "normal" in ND's world again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a safe trip and a good hunt Dave. I'm pulling out on Friday morning myself to go to Eastern Washington over near Spokane for Modern Firearm Deer Opening on Saturday. I and nine others in our party have drawn doe tags and were going after grain fed does feeding in the winter wheat fields south of Cheney, WA.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.