Print Thread
Hop To
S
Sullyk Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Looking for hunting partners for unit 28, CO. I live in Unit 28 in Grand County. Serious about getting elk, first time traditions to my son, enjoying the experience, putting meat on the table,SAFETY, learning all I can about elk, memories, etc, etc. List goes on and on. Will give more information to those you may be interested. Right now I am getting ready for a DIY for second season rifle (BULL)and fourth season (COW) all OTC tags. Since I am a first time hunter, most of my friends either do not hunt or do not hunt. All business associates have their peers in order and traditions that go back numerous years. I am just reaching out here to get something started, hopefully something will come of it, or suggestions to hunting clubs, groups anyone knows of? It will be hard to leave this unit since I live right next to the elk. Thought I would just post this to see what would come of it.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I would like to help you out,but I bunt area 25 and have mules. It doesn't work out well trying to hunt with someone hwo has no livestock.Good luck though

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have Late season cow tag, EF-028-L1-R. If you wish to get that one and not fourth we could figure something out.

Where is that wascally Wapiti?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well sorry about that, Just checked the leftover list and there are no late season tags left. And I am going 4th to gunnison.

Good luck.

S
Sullyk Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Anyone interested in next year on getting a plan together? Would love to have the mule experience. All the books I have read about Elk hunting, there is nothing like it. I also have access to horses. I will still be going out this season on 2nd(Bull) and fourth (Cow)to get familiar with some honey holes and to increase my odds. Few locals here are willing to give up certain locations with low hunting pressure. I have a few to investigate. I am still going to give it my "A" effort and with any luck I will somehow pack one out. I am here at unit 28 all year long and will post another adventure maybe mid summer. Thanks for taking a look anyways and good luck this season. RK

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can Always hit us up. I will know better after my gunnison hunt if we are going to apply for gunnison or If we are going somewhere else. Right now we just have two of us, Really like no more than four. But with the right people and tags a little more isn't bad

That is if this looks good to you.

Gunnison Camp
[Linked Image]
Gunnison Elk
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PM sent.

Good luck!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you need a partner for next year, let me know. Going back east to hunt whitetails this year but will be in the hills next year for Elk..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,787
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.