-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If It Flies It Dies, -- so glad you ran out of change. [Linked Image] Please save some of the dollars for me! -- no<p>[This message has been edited by need one (edited April 20, 2001).]

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boggy Creek Ranger:<BR><B>Crow hunter, thanks for the explanation on the issue.<BR>Now something that wonders me is if it is a slavery issue then how come they are whooping and hollering about something that has been over in this country for 136 years yet I have not seen one of the J. Jacksons or Al Sharptons or that bunch raiseing a stink about the slave ship off the coast of west Africa. Reckon it could be because their own people are doing the slaving?<BR>BCR</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Boggy Creek I'm glad someone brought that<BR>up I though I was the only one who remembered<BR>that.Why do we here in the USA always get blamed and no one ever says anything about<BR>where the slavery thing was started?Ruttin<BR>

Take a kid huntin'and teach them well,they are our future.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I said I wasn't going to say anymore on this, and I am not, except to answer crow hunters observations/attack on my post.<P>First, in my first paragraph, I did not infer anything, I simply pointed out the facts of the racial composition of the population of Mississippi, which was directly reflected in the vote totals. If you wish to draw an inference from this, well, that is your choice.<P>Second, assuming that your posted figures for the percentage of voters by ethnic groups is correct, that means that 7 out of 10 whites voted for the retention and 7 out of 10 blacks voted against it. Even in Mississippi I would consider that to be indicative of a trend based on ethnicity. Which is EXACTLY my point expressed in the post above.<P>Let me make this clear, I am not trying to exploit in any way a clear FACT that this was essentially a vote based along racial lines. The people of Mississippi have spoken and let them live with their vote. This is a campfire and I expressed my opinion, which I knew was not going to be popular, here or in Mississippi, but I still believe it to be correct and believe that time will prove it so. <P>This may be simplistic, but I believe in treating all people with courtesy and respect and as equals before the law and in any social interactions I might have with them, until they prove that they do not deserve to be so treated. Which many people do, not by the color of their skin, but by their actions.<P>Given that, I consider the retention of the flag to be discourteous to the black citizens of Mississippi--as it was probably meant to be, on some level, when it was designed, but having no proof of that, and all the people who did it being dead, it is a moot point--and I see no reason, 107 years after the initiation of that discourtesy to continue it. <BR>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got this link over at Shooters, just read it and decide. I learned somthing and that is a good thing. [Linked Image]<BR><A HREF="http://www.newsmax.com/commentarchive.shtml?a=2001/4/18/192106" TARGET=_blank>http://www.newsmax.com/commentarchive.shtml?a=2001/4/18/192106</A><BR><P>------------------<BR><B>T LEE</B><BR>Remember: There is no such thing as OVERKILL. Just a generous margin of SAFETY! <P><B>APATHY.....Freedoms greatest enemy!</B>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is Georgia's new flag adopted this year. There was an amendment approved to add the words, " In God We Trust." to the bottom which does not appear on this example.<P>Mike<P> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1489643&a=11858154&p=46924463[/img] <P>------------------<BR>God, Family, Country.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
It still amazes me that school kids are taught that the civil war was fought over slavery. I know I'm preaching to the chior, but it was state's rights vs. the feds over bearing dominance ...sound familiar?<P>Is it any wonder that ignorance grows with every generation?

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Bulls--t. The Civil War was fought over slavery. States Right was a red herring, Dude. How many coloreds do you think fought on the Confederate side to prolong slavery?I'ts just like the Confederate battle flag. These redneck crackers just want to hold onto the so-called "glorious" past where they had unpaid slave labor making them millions of dollars (when a million meant something) with very little effort on their parts. Anyone who doesn't see this needs to get their head out of their a-- and re-read the history books. Today, it is a case of white supremacy and what it stands for. It's all that these Neanderthals have left. Why do you think that the KKK uses this flag as their standard logo? Also, it wasn't the "people" of Mississippi who voted to keep this flag, it was the white majority. If there was a referendum in the southern states right now to re-introduce slavery it would probably pass in states like Mississippi. Wake up fools, you are only kidding yourselves.-Having said that, I think that the Confederate battle flag is one of the nicer-looking flags around and should be kept on the grilles of semi trucks, in the forefront of KKK parades and the back windows of rednecked cracker's pickup truck windows where it belongs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Garrobo, -- strong words from such a small man, you don't call people fools because they don't agree with what you think. If the blacks in Mississippi dislike the state so much they have had decades to leave it. If they are or were mistreated so bad here take a look at their kin in Africa and ask who among them would like to trade places. I have lived amoung blacks all my life and have seen good and bad just like whites. I don't fight silly battles with blacks or whites about how anyone was treated. Today is today and we are equal and each has the power to make of their life what they want. The color of a flag is just that. I had many black women working for me that had babys fast as they could for the welfare, the kids left in the streets on Friday through Sunday. When the kids got older they told me they lived better in jail than at home or on the street. They had a clean place to sleep, heat in winter and cool in summer, regular hours and food, and a shower every day. Why do you think there are more blacks in prison than whites? This is a deep issue and belongs elsewhere. If you want to debate the issue my email is ME75410yahoo.com -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gentlemen, I believe a troll has injected its' self into the thread. I won't dignify the post with a reply.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,471
Posts18,529,359
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.