Print Thread
Hop To
#2522809 10/24/08
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Any expiriences with them? I'm looking at one as a possible back up.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At the gunshop where I labor, we can't keep the PF9 in stock and there is a waiting list about a half dozen names long. We had one that was brought back for FTF problems, but, after personally testing the handgun for 100 rounds of mixed ammo, I concluded the problem was more that of limp wristing. That is the only case of a PF9 brought back at our store.

This is a light weight 9mm and the increased recoil, while managable, is the only surprise that owners report. The two I have fired have been accurate. The trigger pull is long and somewhat heavy and acts as part of the safety, similar to SIG. For our store price of $269, there is much value with this handgun; it is very concealable and noticeably slimmer than the P11 double stack, also from Kel Tec.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Had one; excellent carry piece. I'd carry one again, without hesitation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Currently using one as my "anywhere and everywhere" gun. Mine had to be warrantied to correct an early design flaw. Warranty service with Kel-Tec was quick, easy, and no cost to me. Since then the pistol has performed flawlessly. It is reasonably accurate for it's size and mission. I carry it often using the clip accessory and it is completely hidden, yet easily acquired.

It's flaws that I am aware of...

Sights could be better (but maybe not for the price)

Grip material tends to "stand proud" at the seam on the rear of the grip and can wear on your hand (easily filed off)

Clip accessory is sharp around the edges (file again)

Limited life-span, compared to other guns (not intended to be a high-volume "range gun", admitted by manufacturer, and consistent with price)

That's about it, I think. The PF9 currently stands alone in it's class, IMO. You can pay more or get less (in a "more is less" way of thinking), but I am not aware of anything that can be viewed as direct competition.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
One came home today, I ran 50 through it to start. No FTE or FTF's. No malfunctions of any sort. Sights are surprisingly good, as is the trigger and accuracy. Far less recoil than the web would have you believe (then my primary is a CW40 and I don't find it unruly either. Never found my Delta Elite 10mm harsh for that matter)

I am very favorably inclined so far. We'll see how it holds up over the break in and report back.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
planemech,

I've had mine for over a year. Shot around 400 rounds through it. Maybe half Winchester hardball and the remainder standard pressure Speer Gold Dot 124 grain JHPs.

The da trigger is pretty good, never had a function issue, pretty good sights, great size and weight. Way under $300.

What else could you want.

I understand Kel-Tec does not recommend +p ammo but that's not really an issue.

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Had one for a little over a year,Put well over a 1,000 rounds through it o problems,carried it daily and it conceals very well.
accuracy was acceptable.Dollar for dollar I think you would be hard pressed to find a better auto loader for the same money.
That said I just like a wheel gun better,and went back to a 357 snubbie.I would however buy another.Just got tired of chasing my brass.
Bob.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

391 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 35 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,213
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.