Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
would like some opinions
thanks

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had 1 A&B barrel some time back, probably 7 years ago.
The barrel would shoot so..so, or acceptable anyway.
But the darn thing was hard to clean up.
You could almost feel the patches dragging in the barrel. And it took many patches, with lots of Butch's on them.
All that said, the A&B barrel will actually give you acceptable performance for their cost.
I did take the A&B barrel off after a year and replaced it with a shilen select and never did regret the additional cost.
I'm thinking now, looking back, I should have fire laped the barrel and seen if that made any difference in the roughness of that barrel. That's called live and learn.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
from the people who i know who have bought them, they all where disappointed in them

accuracy and efficiency --
not to mention having the best, most durable and advanced rifle possible."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't remember where I read it and can't prove it (don't really care either) but vaguely remember reading that they were E. R. Shaw seconds.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Don't know about whether they're ER Shaw seconds or not. Adams and Bennett is now owned by Midway USA, and sold out of their Columbia, MO facility. But that doesn't mean they don't have an underlying agreement with Shaw.

Have heard mixed reviews on A&B barrels. Are you looking at their Savage barrels? Or their Mausers? Or just a blank? It pains me to say it, as Midway is in my neck of the woods, but if you're looking at their Savage barrels for a rebarrel project, I'd go with a factory Savage barrel instead, as Savage factory barrels seem to always shoot. You can order Savage factory barrels at www.savageparts.com for the same price as Midway sells A&B barrels.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used a few over the past couple years. They are ok....not great but ok. If you get one that is not a blank, re-cut the crown. It has a crown on the pre-threaded barrels but I would re-cut anyway.

Mark H

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (222ND, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219DW, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,485
Posts18,529,729
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.