Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
the following is a reply i recd. from cooper firearms. thought some might find it interesting. didn't change my mind at all. i'll not support cooper in the future.

In response to the recent article highlighting Dan Cooper�s personal political donations, the board of directors, shareholders and employees of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc would like to issue the following statement.

The employees, shareholders and board of directors of Cooper Firearms of Montana do not share the personal political views of Dan Cooper.

Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms.

The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc.

Daily operations will continue with the competent staff currently in place in Stevensville, MT producing the finest, most accurate rifles money can buy.

Dan Cooper has spent all of his working life producing the highest quality rifles built here in the USA. He started with nothing but the American Dream and built that into firearms company anyone would be proud of. We firmly believe Dan stands by the 2nd amendment.

We wish him all of the best in his future pursuits.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Too bad that good people will lose jobs over that azzhat!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
A better reply than I recieved from that old dead worthless f*er bill ruger when he screwed us....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I got the same email...

I wonder if they'll go public (in all the gun rags) with a statement of disassociation with D. Cooper in order to stop the bleeding...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow!

That was pretty bold, albiet too little too late I think. I think the employees will still be in jepordy of losing their jobs.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Does not change my POV either!

Because of Dan Cooper, he and anyone associated with him have earned a life-long boycott from me, which may be miniscule .....

but not if can persuade as many people as I can not to patronage that outfit!

C
C
Who does it help if we punish a rifle company for DOING WHAT WE ASKED?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We the gun-owning public........That's who.

Dan should have considered where he gets his bread buttered, before he shot his mouth and wallet off like he did.

This should go to show how powerful the voice of the gun owners really is. Our problem is that we don't take a stand like this often enough and put politicians and business owners in their place.

122.3 million people voted in 2004. What do you think 80 million gun owners who voted the 2nd Amendment would look like?

Sticking to your guns is what its called and its nice to see there's a few that still understand that concept.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

+1 We need to vote one block

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If Dan Cooper hates Bush so much as to commit "suicide," I want NOTHING to do with him! And I sure don't need his product. Any of them!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think a lot of people won't buy another Cooper rifle until Dan Cooper doesn't have the first penny of financial stake in the company.

Makes you wonder who else is on the board and if they share the same views or they just smart enough to keep quiet.

Until Dan Cooper doesn't get a penny from Cooper Arms then there's really not much changed.

Hopefully they hang in and he jumps ship entirely and someone buys out the facilities (I heard they were trying to move to Ohio?) and changes the name. That's about all that will save them now.

Moral of the story. Don't hitch your wagon to a freaking idiot.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep seeing questions about shares Dan Cooper owns but I don't find any public filings for the company let alone a stick ticker for a publicly traded company.

Wonder if it's an LLC but event that filing should be public (having done it for our farm)

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As others have said, he's gone but will continue to make money on the company. Nothing's changed!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
As others have said, he's gone but will continue to make money on the company. Nothing's changed!

I agree but as a public company there should be filings that talk about how much of the company he owns and who the other owners are. I'm curious.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The boycott is a message not just to Cooper, but to all gun manufacturers, and all politiceans.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Henry McCann

I agree but as a public company there should be filings that talk about how much of the company he owns and who the other owners are. I'm curious.

It may not be a public company, it's pretty small. Likely several shareholders and non-owner members of the boardVoted him out. The likelyhood of regular dividends are not big in a small company like that, he is genuinely being punished by his own people in the strongest legal way possible.

It would be enough for me.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just because you have shares does not mean it is a public company. Many small businesses have shares for investors and/or family members.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NathanL
Just because you have shares does not mean it is a public company. Many small businesses have shares for investors and/or family members.

Right, we have an LLC that I am a member of for our farm. Still requires a public filing to establish to the company, number of shares and operating instructions. That's Kentucky though, maybe Montana is different.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Public filing with Montana, but not a publicly held company that would be on the NYSE etc. Just a privately owned corp.

I think it was Triggerguard who pulled up that Cooper was the registered agent yesterday and that came off his sec of state filing.

Thing is, to my way of thinking, if the guy was willing to lie that he had donated several thousand to McCain 3 months ago, he's willing to play smoke and mirrors with his position within the company. Resigning from being an officer doesn't mean much if Cooper still owns 51%. He still controls the company.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The same reply is now posted on their website.....

Now if we could just get some of the left-wing media pukes fired. I'd settle for them just reporting the facts on both sides...........................................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 5 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,415
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.