Skidrow Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It is easy to forget.

"You know, it is easy to forget the 'promises' that Bill and Hillary made
while in office. It might strike home when they are listed like this:

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured
1000: President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U. S. military
Personnel: Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down
and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U. S. military personnel: Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 1998 bombing of U. S embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and
injured 5,000: Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted
down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U. S. sailors: Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in New
York, Washington, D. C. and a Pennsylvania field that are now dead would be alive today. And, now that Bush is taking action to bring these people to justice, we have Democrats charging him with being a war monger...

AN INTERESTING QUESTION: This question was raised on a Philly radio
call-in show. Without casting stones, it is a legitimate question. There are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively cheap software and gives billions of dollars to charity. The other sponsors terrorism. That
being the case, why was it that the Clinton administration spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over eight years than Osama bin Laden?

THINK ABOUT IT!

In a strange turn of events -- Hillary gets $8 Million for her memoir, and
Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written. This from two
people who have spent eight years being unable to recall anything about
past events while under oath!
Sincerely, Cmdr Hamilton McWhorter USN(ret)"

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Skidrow,
Do you have the original source document for this or did you get it via email?

Snopes calls this one false and even noted the addition of "BUSH COVERED IT" in January 2004.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm

I did check on Cmdr Hamilton McWhorter (ret), and he is a real person and a fighter ace from WWII. I didn't check enough to see if he can still sit up and take nourishment.

There seems to be a lot of internet crap floating around using the names of real warriors to bolter their cause so this raised a flag for me.

Bob

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GB,
I got the same one via email from a cousin. I did not check it though.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Skidrow Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Come on Bob, you know its just something I got off the internet. I just posted it to see what kind of comments it drew. It may have been authored by the good Cmdr and then again it may not have. I'm also of the opinion that while the opinion of the site you referenced may have some truth in it it seems to me that they're shading the truth a bit themselves. While some of those who commited the acts specified may have been charged and sentenced that doesn't necessarily mean that those RESPONSIBLE have been. As we both know, you can delegate authority but not responsibilty.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Now you're the one who's waffling...

Look, I get at least 2 or 3 of these a week, most from my dad but I used to get some from the Marines in my unit. This is what I got this morning...

[Linked Image]

Although I think this is funny if you go to the website it's obvious there that it's a joke.

Sometimes I don't say anything, sometimes I look for the truth. Many of the Marines have taken me off their bulk email lists, not really a bad thing. I guess telling them that Gen. Pershing never buried Moslems with pigs in the Philippines or that Robin Williams never did a stand up routine about how Europe didn't support us and we should pull out doesn't sit well. Hey, if the truth hurts and a lie is more comfortable... (That might apply to our other conversation).

Most of the things I get have some real warrior's name included, I guess it's the only way to lend credibility in this time of strife. If you truly agree with statements like that but find them to be of dubious credbility just remove the name and claim it as your own, this is the internet not journalism.

Regarding "not getting those responsible", well yes we failed. But we failed because we played by the rules as they existed at that time. Just like the crews of 4 airliners let hijackers take control because that was the rule, you don't trade for hostages in the air, you do it on the ground. It wasn't until some PASSENGERS found out what was happening that they broke the rules. Now in both those situations the rules have changed... Time will tell if the changes are for the better or not.

Bob

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After viewing the topic, and gathering the information from different sources, I have concluded that BILL CLINTON was high on MJ during his administration. No real Commander in Chief, would have cowered out of a good fight when those who done us wrong.

accuracy and efficiency --
not to mention having the best, most durable and advanced rifle possible."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,403 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.